What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

White Flies Are a Thing Of the Past For Me Now

DontTellMyWife

I just used peroxide to kill off fungus gnats. The veg/clone area took two apps, but the flower room worked after 1 plus a layer of 20/30 mesh white pool filter sand. I also noticed 1 white fly in there, which scared me because I just leveled my tomato plants because they were getting destroyed and I was worried about them getting to my cash crop. I tried all kinds of remedies against those relentless white devils. Im optimistic after seeing how well it worked on gnats. Ready to try another round of tomotoes.

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
110% verified this WORKS. You have to do the 3 applications IMO as stated in the OP. I admit I really didn't have any faith that this would work but I am white fly free. your treatment should start in the veg room. I did not attempt to cure flowering plants. I let them finish then waited the few weeks to treat the moms and clones in the veg space for the 3 applications. The 3 weeks in the flowering room with no plants was enough for the flies to starve themselves IMO and then you only deal with veg state plants in another area which was so easy. First application was making the mix and using it as a dip to take care of the nymphs (I think that's what they're called, the scale looking "shell" thing that will be on the underside of the leaves). The next application was spraying. After the second attempt I didn't see anything but did a third anyways after putting the cycle into the flowering room. Zero white flys. Zero. Zip. Nada. Not in the flowering room not in the veg room. Gone. No need for fancy chemicals. I know this thread is old but I had to bump it to update for anyone that is struggling with them plus they carry other pests so knock them out asap. It's been 4 months with no white flys so yea. Works to say the least. Old thread or not this stuff should be seen by all. Thanks resinryder :)

It is nice to hear your application rates and success stories.

I did not get rid of them with hydrogen peroxide but this thread had prompted me to try.

I eventually got rid of them using horticultural grade mineral oil but up until that point I had been running perpetual and a veg with all age plants and when I finally eradicated them I had reduced my garden to clones and nothing else so I could guarantee all plant tissue was visually treated. In the end I blame my protocol.

Gry

I battled them for longer than I care to admit. Horticultural oil was the only resolution that was viable for me.

Mick

Veteran
Water your plants with cold-pressed neem once a week and white flies will be a thing of the past, as well as most other things that suck and munch.

the gnome

Veteran
I battled them for longer than I care to admit. Horticultural oil was the only resolution that was viable for me.

Ive been using volck oil since 2010,
ortho offered it but not for a few years now, Bonide carries it.
it's old school stuff and this stuff works.
compared to other stuff it's very low toxicity,
kills a nice variety of other pests like spider mites, leaf miners
and works with PM and plant rusts.
AND it's an Ovacide,
helping breaking the WF lifecycle :tiphat:

the one time i got fuggin pm was in flower
after all the nightmares of PM i read about I was pissed,
i ordered greencure,
while waiting for it i carefully sprayed the leaves...... it was gone in a few days.
don't use it on flowers and be careful how much you use,
under heavy lights or outdoors it can burn the leaves

Ive recommended for years whenever i can

Are you guys sure the h202 is doing anything here? The key I heard in the original mix was the soap. No matter what you use to spray, you have to use soap, as that suffocates the eggs and bugs. I don't think the h202 is doing anything, but please let me know if I'm wrong as I'm battling them off and on!

Morcheeba*

Veteran
CG,

i bet you are correct that the soap is whats most effective but ive found better success using 1 ml neem / a few drops of liquid soap in my spray bottle. i spray them daily until i see no more white flies but thats only for veg.

i dont spray anything in flower just veg.

peace

CG,

i bet you are correct that the soap is whats most effective but ive found better success using 1 ml neem / a few drops of liquid soap in my spray bottle. i spray them daily until i see no more white flies but thats only for veg.

i dont spray anything in flower just veg.

peace

Thanks mang. I feel like neem leaves a taste that I personally can pick out and it bothers me. I've been using Pyrethrin / soap and have had great success against the whiteflies. The chemical degrades in light so it's safe to use up to about a week before harvest.

Wolfshadoe

Dog gone it!!!

Wished I would have USED my search key earlier.

Gonna immediately try this..Will post results>>>thick WF prob.
Other good ideas here as well to try..Seems that pyrethrin makes them worse for me.
Thanks for the advice all!!!:thank you:
<ws>

KONY

Veteran
Broad mites like to hitch a ride on Whiteflies backs into the grow and around it.

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Jus got white flies for first time ever in all these years growin, good lookin rr.

Lyfespan

Jus got white flies for first time ever in all these years growin, good lookin rr.

place yellow solo cups coated with tanglefoot on bamboo stakes around the canopy, whitefly suicide its crazy how they are just drawn to the cups