What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Spider mites.... Bun, dun, Daaaaa

Naturals for my self...Unless we are talking nuts.... then I'm just a hypocrite.
I'm going to be making the change to composting and tea's this spring.

If the problem was bad enough or with a large number of plants, the Predator mites would be here already.

But yeah, for now I prefer to keep the plants as "natural" as possible.

Smelly_Cheese

Naturals for my self...Unless we are talking nuts.... then I'm just a hypocrite.
I'm going to be making the change to composting and tea's this spring.

If the problem was bad enough or with a large number of plants, the Predator mites would be here already.

But yeah, for now I prefer to keep the plants as "natural" as possible.

i hope you never need the pedator mites but if so good call. Best of luck and may your plants be swollen and full of frosty delight.

Hey SiTOKESsalot, I'm not sure what your using as an emulsifier with your neem oil but I've always had great success with Dr. Bronners Pure Castile Hemp Soap with Lavender. It's certified organic and the mites hate it.

Mr. To be honest, I have the RTU Neem bottle, and concentrate soap.
Have not looked, Ill look into that lavender soap.

Smelly : Thx man, I hope not either! I am going to be a producer after school and plan to use beneficial's I actually look forward to ordering them haha, Used them at school a few times, and they do an amazing job.

Canniwhatsis

High country cat herder
Veteran
Hey SiTOKESsalot, I'm not sure what your using as an emulsifier with your neem oil but I've always had great success with Dr. Bronners Pure Castile Hemp Soap with Lavender. It's certified organic and the mites hate it.

:D

I use the peppermint because it's on hand, and I like the tingle when I use it to bathe! ;)

farmdalefurr

I feel nothing and it feels great
Veteran
i just hit my entire operation w/ a "triple threat package" of 3 different species of predator mites.

natures control has them for like $25 for 500x of them.

just a heads up if you wanna go the "natural" route and you dont wanna waste a bunch of money on shitty sprays that dont really work.

Y

YosemiteSam

Jay Kush's lavender tea...look it up on this site.

Works and is totally safe. Just make sure to spray every 4 days or so until all of the mites are gone and then spray one more time...you do not want to build lavender tolerant mites.

I know it does not sound as powerful as some of the hydro industry hyped stuff...but it is

oh wth...take a gallon of water and chunk about 1/2 a cup of lavender flowers in it (you can buy the dried flowers at a health food store if you do not have them). Let it sit for 48 hours with occasional stirring if you remember.

Now strain out the flowers. Add 2.5 ounces of that to every gallon of water. Add your favorite sticker/spreader/emulsifier/surfactant and spray.

-~Wind Walker~-

Knock Out Punch

Knock Out Punch

Floramite FTW.

I don't know how organic or natural you want to be, but if you do not want to use Azamax or Floramite on the plants directly, I would suggest using it around your grow room or the entire building / house you are growing in.

I bought a house plant called Red Star Spike infested with spider mites from my local home center. The spider mites proceeded to infest all my mint plants, lemon balm, palm tree and MJ plants.

I kept on blasting my plants with Neem & Safer soap over and over to no avail.

What happened?

Mint plants died, Lemon Balm as well. Had to machete my Palm plant in the driveway. Threw out the Red Star Spike. And finally harvested a less than ideal MJ crop.

So, in between crops I bought Floramite and sprayed down fucking everything. Sprayed my cab & scrubbed it down with regular soap and safer soap & light neem. Heck I think I used white vinegar as well.

I sprayed the entire house and house plants down with Floramite and Safer soap and Neem. I also bought a Dr Doom Fogger as back up just in case!

And as they say in the magic business, Walla! No more bloody mites. Last two MJ crops mite free.

-~WW~-

I am seeing some residual effects from fighting the mites I think.

Pistols half brown half white, and shrivelled.... First time this has happened to me, and My fan leafs experienced burn most defiantly, as well as spotting. The Pistols started looking fucked after 1 application of Safers soap.

And yeah, just experiencing some leaf issues that have never happened until mites (most likely what I have done to fight the mites) (H20-Neem and 1 spray of savers)

The Two showing most effects are VERY Sativa dominate, So could just be the plants being ultra touchy. I have 5 weeks till harvest.... Im sure things will turn around soon, Well hope anyway.

On the plus side, no mites to be seen.

Granger2

Veteran
Azadiractin [Azamax, etc.] is the active ingredient extracted from Neem Oil. It is not "snake oil." It controls insects and mites without the phytotoxic effects that any oil can cause.

I mix up 4 gal in a 5 gal bucket, put a towel over the medium to avoid spilling it, turn plant and container upside down, and dunk in bucket. Gives 100% coverage.

Three dunkings 36 hours apart [with same bucket of spinosad with wetting agent or Azadiractin] takes Spider Mites out. Usually, I use the same bucket twice, then mix fresh for the 3rd treatment, then, since I've got it, I do a 4th dunk in 2-3 days. Better yet, use Spinosad for the first two, then Azadiractin for the next two.

If the plants and containers are small, its easy to do, and takes little time, and makes a mess on the floor [I spray the floor anyway], but I don't have spray all over the reflective surfaces and glass.

Once knocked out, the mites seem to be repelled by a minute amount used as a preventive. One tsp/gal Azadiractin as a monthly soil drench has so far kept them away. I put in the nute mix or with water.

Neem has been used in Ayurvetic medicinal preparations on humans for hundreds of years. This small amount is enough to repel the mites without affecting taste of finished product. I would use it only up thru 2nd week of 12/12. Good luck. -granger

Latest posts

Latest posts