Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Growing Outdoors > Using mint to overpower cannabis smell?

Thread Title Search
Click for great cannabis genetics at Female Seeds!
Using mint to overpower cannabis smell? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-16-2011, 11:38 PM #1
Xtensity
Banned

Xtensity will become famous soon enough
Using mint to overpower cannabis smell?

So I have an upcoming outdoor grow with 30-40+ plants that I'll soon be starting a thread for.... and there is a path that people seldom travel 30-40 feet away... I'm worried someone will smell them when they get big and start flowering...

I was reading though that you can plant mint and it will overpower the cannabis odor by far.. is this true? I couldn't find much information except that mint is really easy to grow and clone. If so how much mint would I need etc? What are you alls experiencing with this.
Xtensity is offline Quote

Old 06-16-2011, 11:39 PM #2
fonzee
Weed Cannasaur

fonzee is a glorious beacon of lightfonzee is a glorious beacon of lightfonzee is a glorious beacon of lightfonzee is a glorious beacon of lightfonzee is a glorious beacon of lightfonzee is a glorious beacon of lightfonzee is a glorious beacon of lightfonzee is a glorious beacon of lightfonzee is a glorious beacon of lightfonzee is a glorious beacon of lightfonzee is a glorious beacon of light
no, its not true.
I grew lots of mints and spearmints. even a field of them wouldn't overpower a single smelly mj plant.
fonzee is offline Quote

Old 06-16-2011, 11:42 PM #3
supermanlives
Banned

supermanlives has a reputation beyond reputesupermanlives has a reputation beyond reputesupermanlives has a reputation beyond reputesupermanlives has a reputation beyond reputesupermanlives has a reputation beyond reputesupermanlives has a reputation beyond reputesupermanlives has a reputation beyond reputesupermanlives has a reputation beyond reputesupermanlives has a reputation beyond reputesupermanlives has a reputation beyond reputesupermanlives has a reputation beyond repute
ya what the fonz said
supermanlives is offline Quote

Old 06-27-2011, 03:33 AM #4
303hydro
senior primate of the 303 cornbread mafia

303hydro is just really nice303hydro is just really nice303hydro is just really nice303hydro is just really nice303hydro is just really nice303hydro is just really nice303hydro is just really nice303hydro is just really nice303hydro is just really nice
No way dude. I got a shit pile of mint in my yard it grows like a weed and when you get a hint of the smell of the plants rubbing off on your leg it smells a little skunky. It would just make your whole grow smell like G13Haze

My personal garden:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=211246
303hydro is offline Quote

Old 06-27-2011, 10:37 AM #5
JOJO420

JOJO420 is just really niceJOJO420 is just really niceJOJO420 is just really niceJOJO420 is just really niceJOJO420 is just really niceJOJO420 is just really niceJOJO420 is just really niceJOJO420 is just really niceJOJO420 is just really nice
NO WAY.

LOL, NO WAY,unless you planted in the middle of 500 acres of mint..Then maybe..
JOJO420 is offline Quote

Old 06-27-2011, 10:41 AM #6
blackone

blackone is just really niceblackone is just really niceblackone is just really niceblackone is just really niceblackone is just really niceblackone is just really niceblackone is just really niceblackone is just really niceblackone is just really niceblackone is just really niceblackone is just really nice
Agreed - mint is too mild. Lavender might be useful - perhaps Buddleja is also an option?
blackone is offline Quote

Old 06-27-2011, 11:59 AM #7
mad librettist
Banned

mad librettist is a name known to allmad librettist is a name known to allmad librettist is a name known to allmad librettist is a name known to allmad librettist is a name known to allmad librettist is a name known to allmad librettist is a name known to allmad librettist is a name known to allmad librettist is a name known to allmad librettist is a name known to allmad librettist is a name known to all
Using mint to overpower cannabis smell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackone View Post
Agreed - mint is too mild. Lavender might be useful - perhaps Buddleja is also an option?
please don't plant buddleja in north America. it is in invasive and bad for native butterflies.
mad librettist is offline Quote

Old 06-27-2011, 01:53 PM #8
blackone

blackone is just really niceblackone is just really niceblackone is just really niceblackone is just really niceblackone is just really niceblackone is just really niceblackone is just really niceblackone is just really niceblackone is just really niceblackone is just really niceblackone is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by mad librettist View Post
please don't plant buddleja in north America. it is in invasive and bad for native butterflies.
Yeah if it's an invasive weed it's better to stay away from it - we have a lot of problems with giant hogweed here in Europe.
Howcome it's bad for the native butterflies though? Here the butterflies love sucking their nectar and most people plant them for that.
blackone is offline Quote

Old 06-27-2011, 06:24 PM #9
vorzh

vorzh will become famous soon enough
Marigolds, Lavender, Citronella, Lilac...

2011_OUTDOOR_FLAVOR_SOUP

GH_WATERFARM_NFT/DWC_HYBRID_OUTSIDE!

3D_ORGANICS_LINE_OUT_OF_UKIAH

Medical patient in compliance with Ca prop 215 SB420
vorzh is offline Quote

Old 06-27-2011, 06:33 PM #10
Zen Master
Cannasseur

Zen Master is a glorious beacon of lightZen Master is a glorious beacon of lightZen Master is a glorious beacon of lightZen Master is a glorious beacon of lightZen Master is a glorious beacon of lightZen Master is a glorious beacon of lightZen Master is a glorious beacon of lightZen Master is a glorious beacon of lightZen Master is a glorious beacon of lightZen Master is a glorious beacon of lightZen Master is a glorious beacon of light
30+ plants <50 feet from a walkway? LOL! sorry to laugh but its going to REEK!

unless you put a sealed greenhouse over them with a carbon filter there is nothing you can do.

growing smelly flowers around it will just make it smell like you've got some bomb flowery smelling buds.

Coliseum vert SOG https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=240351
Zen Master is offline Quote