Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Indoor Grows - Soil > Sporadic light times? But total somewhere near 15/9

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
Sporadic light times? But total somewhere near 15/9 Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-03-2011, 03:19 AM #1
Xtensity
Banned

Xtensity will become famous soon enough
Sporadic light times? But total somewhere near 15/9

I feel I've seen this question asked before, though I'm not really sure what I would have to search to find it out.. :/

Would effect would it have on growing seedlings(~2 week old)

If the total light per 24 hours was greater than 12/12 to prevent flower, but it was scattered on and off throughout the day.

For instance..... It could be off 6pm-11pm and off 8am-12pm.

What effect would this have on the plants. They wouldn't flower, since they're getting more than 12 hours of light aday, and they haven't even reached preflowers yet eitherway. Of course I know it would be better to maintain a consistent 18 on 6 off, so no need to mention that obvious fact, as this is why I am asking in the first place.

Would this stress the plants? If so for what biochemical reason does this stress the plants? I have my reasons for wanting to have my light schedule like this, but that doesn't matter in regards to what I'm asking. Thank you in advance!
Xtensity is offline Quote

Old 06-03-2011, 04:28 AM #2
h.h.

h.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of light
I've done all sorts of light schedules during veg. Mostly due to laziness or forgetfulness...Think of it as a mid day cloud cover, some times it's cloudy all day. I haven't done your particular schedule, it just seems there is little that can be screwed up in veg other than slowing growth. Even in flower, I find odd light hours making little difference. Going from short to long light days can, in flower, if during the a critical period, basically preflower, induce them back to veg, causing irregular growth. Too much variation in flower can really screw them up, stunt them. A light leak here and there has never been a problem at least not in my experience.

Quote:
it’s mighty sad when average health has declined to the point that people become fatally ill from exposure to a little animal shit.
Solomon, Steve; Reinheimer, Erica (2012-12-04). The Intelligent Gardener: Growing Nutrient Dense Food (p. 271). New Society Publishers. Kindle Edition.
h.h. is online now Quote