What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Asprin kills internal plant virus', bacteria and fungi

spurr

Veteran
Oh yea,

The benefit from using jasmonic acid (esp. MeJA) is not only that it's a good SAR inducer, but also that it increases trich development and density.

OsWiZzLe

I have never seen a plant hermi from SA never...ive been using this stuff for 2 years now.....MEJA is the shittttttttttttttttttttt......one thing i notice off the bat....is plants smell alot more....when i last used it on my lemon larry that ive grown 7 times now...this batch was the best by far...my carbon filter couldnt hang....its insane how this stuff works....

Thank you spurr for bringing all this valuable information to Light

Easygrowing

Veteran
I wanna try this for Gnats..have lots of them..also got PM before-but now using uv-c light
and no more PM at all..thanks for those..stc..

Jalisco Kid

Doesn't kill viruses from what I understand though, simply prevents them from reproducing or moving within the plant tissue. It also has a negative effect upon trich production or so said one of spurr's papers.
Those studies all involve one plant species, I do not think you can take those studies and apply them to the rest of the plant world. I do stop at week 2 in flowering with my 3rd application. JK

spurr

Veteran
[B said:
zenoonez[/b]Doesn't kill viruses from what I understand though, simply prevents them from reproducing or moving within the plant tissue. It also has a negative effect upon trich production or so said one of spurr's papers.

Those studies all involve one plant species, I do not think you can take those studies and apply them to the rest of the plant world. I do stop at week 2 in flowering with my 3rd application. JK

The reason I used studies on Arabidopsis thaliana is that it's a C3 "model organism" for plant scientists. A. thaliana is to other C3 plants what mice (or rats) are to humans, for scientists who study drug effects on humans by giving those drugs first to mice (or rats). So we can "take those studies and apply them to the rest of the plant world", including cannabis :)

I also uploaded one study about MeJA effects upon trich production in tomato, another C3 plant that is applicable to cannabis.

FWIW, I posted two studies that directly looked at SA effects upon trich production, and a few more that also noted the "negative cross-talk" between SA and JA (jasmonic acid), in which, the authors noted SA negatively effects JA's positive effect on trichs.

Spraying SA before bud set still has a negative effects upon trich production during flowering do to the chemical reactions from SA within the plant. However, like I wrote, SA doesn't hinder trichs to a large degree, probably wouldn't be noticeable to most smokers, but why hinder trichs at all if we can instead promote trichs (with JA)?

Andyo

Veteran
yeah

yeah

I wanna try this for Gnats..have lots of them..also got PM before-but now using uv-c light
and no more PM at all..thanks for those..stc..

Been telling people for years ,UV fuks PM
35 years growing never had PM.A