What's new

Weird genetic mutation, 3 main stalks?

Xtensity

Currently this is my only outdoor plant because the season is almost over and planting more now is pointless....

This was a seed from my last batch that was LR2xLR2.. This trait was not in any of my previous plants(out of several+ plants 2-3 months ago)

Usually when a plant is topped itll grow 2 main stalks instead of 1. Though, I didn't top this, and there's 3 main stalks growing.

I only was able to get 4 pictures, sorry if it's hard to see, 2 pics are from the top, and 2 are from the side.

pic2-1.jpg

pic3.jpg

Mainp5.jpg

In this last pics one of the fan leaves are blocking one of the main colas, which is why you only see 2.
pic1.jpg

Would there be any potential of the stalks cracking when it gets too big, or would it growing with 3 stalks from the start strengthen the base? Last time one of my females with 1 stock got too heavy from the rain it cracked on its own weight a 2-3 weeks before harvest

Should I need to worry about this one cracking from heavy weight? It's got about a 4-5 weeks left till harvest.

L

lowrydergrower

very weird I have a male dr that is currently doing this I will try and get a pic for you later.

Muddy

I've grown about 2 dozen Diesel Ryders this year from seeds I made last year. They have been very consistent and have produced mainly two phenos, one with a large main cola and 3-4 lower branches and the other being more branchy with a smaller main cola. I currently have 6 under a 180 watt LED at 5 1/2 weeks. One of those is growing 3 main stems and was not topped. It is shorter than the others but very bushy around it's base.

Latest posts

Latest posts