What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

using neem oil outdoors

whodair

Veteran
is there any benefit to using neem as a soil drench or foliar spray outdoors ?? id like to avoid attracting any new pests as well...

whodair

Veteran
i think i brought out spider mites from the cellar !!

i think i brought out spider mites from the cellar !!

picture.php

i was hoping outdoor predator would wipe off the mites but it appears they linger. should i bring my sprayer out with neem and soap ??

SupraSPL

if you are using the dyna grow 100% neem oil don't mix it full strength (8ml/liter) or it will kill the fan leaves

MediRI88

Don't use as a foliar spary if your flowering .....neem oil works great in and outdoors it only take a week or 2 ofusing it befor your plants are fully bug free they hate that stuff plus it a polish so it will pretect them from drying out gives it a nice shineeee..... if your using out door I would preflush ur soil with neem if you didn't allready do so if not and the plants are in the pots out doors then just do a flush with neem maybe two time with a 3 to 5 days window inbetween to get everything...... have funnn

whodair

Veteran
i do have dyna neem and mix it kinda weak, like less than 1/2 strength. no flowers outdoor in NY yet so i feel safe spraying them...

they are in the ground and get no food or water from me, just rain and soil...

i just dont wanna attract an animal with the neem smell...

MediRI88

Hmmm alriteee .... I really don't know if neem attracts animals ...I wouldn't think so since it like peppery almost but as soil drench it would keep the bugs out the roots.... hope it all works

whodair

Veteran
gave it a shot of neem and soap ...

gave it a shot of neem and soap ...

picture.php

still veggin...only gonna spray them once..

MediRI88

Don't use neem if your flowringgg maybe a light mix of foliar spray in the first couple weel after week 3 do not use both as a spray and drench.........

whodair

Veteran
Make sure when spraying you get the under sides of the leaves.

i use the garden pump with a wand, the wand get shoved under her skirt and pointed up under the leaves ...

Neem takes around 30 days to break down.... so

use like 5 weeks or so before harvest and itll last you up till harvest and be broken down by the team you dry and cure.

I have recently used it as a soil drench on my plants since it is systemic.

BEWARE WHEN SPRAYING. DO NOT SPRAY IN DIRECT SUNLIGHT, OR ALL YOUR LEAVES WILL BE BURNT TO A CRISP.

http://www.420magazine.com/forums/h...m-oil-without-getting-my-plants-all-oily.html

im gonna harvest oct 1st still veggin...i wont spray anyhting on them again after this...

but i did use in the sun and im scared to go see what damage i caused...a good rain later should start the break down i hope !!

biteme

there is really not much point in using neem outdoors prior to flowering as other chems will do a quicker and more thorough job. if you have spider mites then use whatever is common (never had them myself) to kill them and be done with it. i am all in favor of organic treatments but i have found them best used as a preventative measure rather than a cure outdoors. at onset of budding through harvest is the time of caution when you need to look for that omri certification on chems used. peace-biteme

sandiegozman

neem oil is great, i water with it instead of srayin it cause you kill the good and the bad when you spray but when you water with it you only kill the insects that try to eat your plant.