What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Can we please make a Sticky for Powdery Mildew, Bud Rot, etc...

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Next time you have a PM issue use an organic Bio Pesticide as part of your IPM. I use Growsafe in veg every 2 weeks. It will take care of any PM and prevent it and keep pests off your plants. There are a ton of organic products today that will take care of PM. None of these are a 1x application when PM has invaded your garden. Once it's eliminated use something organic as a preventative similar to growsafe.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Healthiest garden this year, just amazingly healthy. Pest pressure is very high and only a few underwatered plants were devoured.

Cannabis plants, in crappy and too hot soil, are doing great considering the situation.

Vegetative pest and fungal problems are beaten. Bunny shit tea (drench and foliar), bunny urine foliar, lacto bacillus and water soluble calcium. Since they started getting well fed, the plants have done all the pest and fungus killing this season. I get to watch and smile. :)

No idea on flowering outdoor though, all my experience is with filtered air indoor. (Significantly reduced spore, pollen, bug intrusions)

hambre

For everyone wondering how to prevent and/or kill PM, don`t believe in any weird product. Do you know what controls PM the best? Soy bean oil, sunflower oil, almost any vegetal oil will do the job. It is proven. You may need an emulsifier and that`s all. Some products are so cheap you will want to shoot your dick thinking about how much you spent on the typical growshop product. Go to an agricultural shop, those weird places you may evade when thinking about growing weed, and purchase an oil+emulsifier mix and thank me later.

Proof:
This is an study made with cooking oils, the BEST is sunflower oil, yeah, laugh and then slap your head twice...
Another with essential oils:

This works to control and erradicate, read the studies, they are more than interesting. What works well too are refined parafinic oils, but, you know, some will cry it isn`t "organic" so, sunflower oil.

Hope you read this and I can make your day better. Enjoy!

EDIT: If there is something wrong with putting links from another page, please don`t ban me, just delete this and let me know. Thank you.
EDIT 2: Please bear with my english, as spanish is my native language LOL
EDIT 3: SORRRRRRRY, I forgot to mention, this mix prevent and kill spider mites too (due to suffocation), also acts as preventative (or preventive?) for botrytis. No more edits, I promise.

Last edited:

Rodehazrd

Hambre thanks for the info I’ve been using green cleaner which is soybean oil several seasons for pm and mites and no bad experience. I over did neem once and got toxicity, soy oil rocks.
Maybe it’s the translation but I’ve never heard tell of anyone here in the Hillbilly Nation wanting to shoot their dick for any reason. Maybe you got some ergot in your buds.
Thanks again for your research and put the gun back up over the door
Hazard

hambre

Hambre thanks for the info I’ve been using green cleaner which is soybean oil several seasons for pm and mites and no bad experience. I over did neem once and got toxicity, soy oil rocks.
Maybe it’s the translation but I’ve never heard tell of anyone here in the Hillbilly Nation wanting to shoot their dick for any reason. Maybe you got some ergot in your buds.
Thanks again for your research and put the gun back up over the door
Hazard
Hi
I don`t now what ergots are, but I saw some people`s first reaction to be a bullet in their dicks or heads after realizing the amount of money they put on everything, from nutes to IPM stuff hahaha
The problem with the neem is usually it doesn`t come with emulsifier so when you try to dilute it forms some drops, like little freaking drops on the leaves and with the days passing it burns a little the leaves. Other problem with oils is dilution.

Always pleased to help, as I always took info from some of the great growers that here they are sharing their knowledge.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Troglodytes go on my ignore list. Feel free to high five it with the other deliberately uninformed folk you'll find on it. Edit: I'd add a link to the definition but you won't read or understand it anyway.

St. Phatty

What is the Chemical Composition of the Powdery Mildew Fungi ?

Plenty of info but couldn't find anything about chemical composition.

How much carbon, how much hydrogen, etc.

powdery mildew chemical composition - Google Search

Powdery mildew - Wikipedia

List of hemp diseases - Wikipedia

Golovinomyces ambrosiae - Wikipedia

Podosphaera macularis - Wikipedia

Naindejardin

I’ve been using PureCrop1 it seems to work well, have done essential oils and and veg oil, worked well but... I hear Regalia and Cease work well too

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
Thought I had spider mite horror under control after buying clones from lousy seller that had mites immune to almost everything, then realized late flowering plants were lousy with them. Had to spray and now buds are turning to brown mold. Thought powdery mildew, but all pictures I have seen are white. Anyone know what it is?? Have numerous mold products, but would prefer to use right product. Any suggestions short and long term are appreciated. Dropped humidity to 40%. At 8 weeks today, but 8 strains and should probably go at least 10.

Loc Dog

Veteran
Has anyone used Procidic products against bud rot successfully??? They are claiming it is a safe systemic that first kills it on the plant then protects from within.

Just got e-mail from them and they say it is not a cure. It just stops spreading.

Last edited:

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
Next time you have a PM issue use an organic Bio Pesticide as part of your IPM. I use Growsafe in veg every 2 weeks. It will take care of any PM and prevent it and keep pests off your plants. There are a ton of organic products today that will take care of PM. None of these are a 1x application when PM has invaded your garden. Once it's eliminated use something organic as a preventative similar to growsafe.

my harvest is just about done... small/small PM problem seen, so to be safe followed jose cervantes to dunk em in hyd. pex and dry em...

once the tent is empty, how do i cleanse it ?? - spray with???? bomb the tent with ??? - thanks

Loc Dog

Veteran
my harvest is just about done... small/small PM problem seen, so to be safe followed jose cervantes to dunk em in hyd. pex and dry em...

once the tent is empty, how do i cleanse it ?? - spray with???? bomb the tent with ??? - thanks
Sorry, I thought spider mite issue, so deleted. UVC will kill mold in an empty tent. Think it is 15 minutes. I used it for both. Bud rot caused by spraying late flower for mites.

Last edited:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Mold spores are easy to kill with Hydrogen peroxide. You can spray the tent down. You need to start an IPM schedule or you will keep getting PM. There are many different Organic remedies for PM. I prefer an organic Biopesticide to take care of everything. Use it every 2 weeks on all plants in veg. In flower, you should see fewer issues. You can still use it when needed.

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<

sulphur
662E7FA2-DBEA-44DF-ABD6-138CF997A12E.jpeg

I used this and it worked for me. I would have got the wettable sulphur powder but it wasn’t at my local shop… good luck

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
yeah ... i Hydrogen peroxided the whole tent till it was floating.... so far 2 weeks into veg i see no problems... but will spray with lost coast spray for a few weeks into flowering...
I used h2o2 as a spot treatment like HH suggested but coating the leaves, stems with the sulphur creates a hostile environment for the pm. It wont be able to take hold again. Worse case is it will pop up in small spot where the sulphur had washed off or maybe missed a spot.

Thats when I pulled out the h202. I still needed to bud wash cervantes style at the end to wash off any sulphur or dryed peroxide but I have the pm in a strangehold atm.

This is my first run without spraying since applying the sulphur late January. Ill keep you updated...