What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Spotted leaf necrosis.

appleguy

Hey all,

It's my first grow, and things have been going well with my first two plants. They're clones provided by a friend. I hope to spread the wealth with other friends as soon as I can take some clones myself.

Each plant just passed about 6" tall. I've recently noticed the phenomenon shown in the attached pictures. The pictured leaf is by far the worst--other leaves that demonstrate this problem only have a handful of spots, but it is noticable as the same type of problem. Both plants have at least a few spots. This leaf was older growth taken from the bottom of one of the plants, but the second-worst leaf is at the top, newest growth of the other plant.

Water in my area is slightly basic. Based on photos, it almost looks to me like Calcium deficiency, but that seems to occur most often in acidic soil. I am using Fox Farm's Ocean Forest organic soil, and have the plants under 6.4 kilolumens of 6500K CFLs.

What do you think?

http://icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=2664

appleguy

For most of their development, I have been using tap water, measured at aabout 7.5 pH. After noticing this issue--for the past two small waterings, over the past three days--I changed the pH to 6.6. With the latest watering, I'm also including a touch of hydrogen peroxide--anti-bacterial and oxygen saturation, seems ideal.

I've added more pictures to the album, showing the plant that had the original bad leaf but no other spots I can see (yet), and the other plant which has a few visible spots, but no leaves bad enough to cut off (though the main reason I removed the first one was for closer examination).

http://icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=2664

Core

Quality Control Controller
ICMag Donor
Veteran
to much nitrogen will give them the yellow spots on th leaves starting to look like a mg def......you notice that your plant is realy dark green....witch is't raly bad...but when they show a blueish tint to the leaves is a classic sign of overfertillization.....you gote check on that....just saying to lower concentrations a bit....or bigger feeding intervals...

Weedhound

Grower
ICMag Donor
It's only on the larger, older leaves? if so I think it's a reaction to abnormal ph. Also, what is your ph runoff?

hey guys this is a friend of mine - i'm telling him he needs to just ph down to like 5.8. i think that is the problem, because he forgot to mention this but he's in ffof. i highly doubt in the first few weeks of veg you'd be seeing any kind of nute issues in ffof.....?

appleguy

My first post mentioned:

"I am using Fox Farm's Ocean Forest organic soil [...]"

What I did not mention is that I am not adding any fertilizers at this point. As stated in my second post, I've taken the water pH to 6.6, but can lower it further if 5.8 is optimal for soil.

Core

Quality Control Controller
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i think that is the problem, because he forgot to mention this but he's in ffof. i highly doubt in the first few weeks of veg you'd be seeing any kind of nute issues in ffof.....?

FFOF fuck up's are all over the site ..its much to hot to start seedlings and or clones with....