Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Growing Outdoors > Yellow Jackets!!

Thread Title Search
Click for great cannabis genetics at Female Seeds!
Yellow Jackets!! Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-15-2011, 04:39 PM #1
Xtensity
Banned

Xtensity will become famous soon enough
Yellow Jackets!!

Digging yesterday we uncovered about 3 yellow jacket nest from only 7 holes.

How do we combat these little sluts? They're underground and we can't do anything about them until we hit them with the shovel and 30 fly out and sting us.

My friend got stung like 20 times within 3 minutes. :X.

Any tips? I don't see anyway to avoid them :(
Xtensity is offline Quote

Old 06-15-2011, 05:30 PM #2
slackx
Banned

slackx is a glorious beacon of lightslackx is a glorious beacon of lightslackx is a glorious beacon of lightslackx is a glorious beacon of lightslackx is a glorious beacon of lightslackx is a glorious beacon of lightslackx is a glorious beacon of lightslackx is a glorious beacon of lightslackx is a glorious beacon of lightslackx is a glorious beacon of lightslackx is a glorious beacon of light
Bee-suit and fogger
slackx is offline Quote

Old 06-15-2011, 05:37 PM #3
FlaDankster

FlaDankster is a glorious beacon of lightFlaDankster is a glorious beacon of lightFlaDankster is a glorious beacon of lightFlaDankster is a glorious beacon of lightFlaDankster is a glorious beacon of lightFlaDankster is a glorious beacon of lightFlaDankster is a glorious beacon of lightFlaDankster is a glorious beacon of lightFlaDankster is a glorious beacon of lightFlaDankster is a glorious beacon of lightFlaDankster is a glorious beacon of light
Notice slackx said "bee suit" first.

I believe but not positive that Home depot an lowes carrys some type of fogging unit and cartridges for bees,wasps,hornets and such.

97 octane an a match maybe???jk

But, I think I'd rather just kick the bucket than turn into a vegetarian
FlaDankster is offline Quote

Old 06-15-2011, 05:50 PM #4
nickman

nickman has much to be proud ofnickman has much to be proud ofnickman has much to be proud ofnickman has much to be proud ofnickman has much to be proud ofnickman has much to be proud ofnickman has much to be proud ofnickman has much to be proud ofnickman has much to be proud ofnickman has much to be proud ofnickman has much to be proud of
i hate those yellow jackets...

once when i was around 12 years old , me and some friends were digging and the same thing happened...
i got stung in both my eye's...
ever since then i cant staind them...
nickman is offline Quote

Old 06-15-2011, 08:39 PM #5
:-(

:-( will become famous soon enough:-( will become famous soon enough
They can't fly if they're wet. If you can keep a bucket of water handy and douse the hole as soon as you see them.

Old 06-15-2011, 08:45 PM #6
trichrider
THEORETICAL

trichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond repute
most effective and immediate kill method i've found to date is a 4$ can of starting fluid.
kills on contact...if you switch the sprayer off the top of can with a wide dispersal type like an oven cleaner or similar it literally knocks them out of air...
good growin'.

trichrider is offline Quote

Old 06-15-2011, 11:48 PM #7
Xtensity
Banned

Xtensity will become famous soon enough
How much do these bee foggers cost?

And what I'm paranoid about is whatever chemical I spray contaminating the ground that I will be planting in. It's already late in the season and as soon as we dig the holes we're putting in our own soil and planting so that chemical will be in the dirt.
Xtensity is offline Quote

Old 06-15-2011, 11:51 PM #8
trichrider
THEORETICAL

trichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond repute
oh...i thought you were worried about the stinging! sorry.

trichrider is offline Quote

Old 06-15-2011, 11:58 PM #9
TLoft13

TLoft13 is a jewel in the roughTLoft13 is a jewel in the roughTLoft13 is a jewel in the roughTLoft13 is a jewel in the roughTLoft13 is a jewel in the roughTLoft13 is a jewel in the roughTLoft13 is a jewel in the rough
How about looking at what you're digging and being happy about the deterrence for your plants? Normally the things don't sting as long as you keep your cool. At least in my country.

TLoft13 is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-16-2011, 12:35 AM #10
AGBeer
Vaporist

AGBeer has a spectacular aura aboutAGBeer has a spectacular aura aboutAGBeer has a spectacular aura aboutAGBeer has a spectacular aura aboutAGBeer has a spectacular aura about
Rule # 1 from what I have been reading is STAY CALM!!! Freaking the fuck out is one of the fastest ways to get stung because they can pick up on those pheremones(sp) that you are producing as well as the ones left on you by the attackers.

Try to identify their nests by the holes in the ground (entrance and exit holes) and if you plan to tackle them, do it later in the evening when they are winding down.

My best advise is to attempt to locate their source before you dig so you dont get a nasty unwanted surprise.

Good luck!

Vaporization > Combustion
AGBeer is offline Quote