Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Growing Outdoors > Can I get some yield estimates for this set up outdoors :)?

Thread Title Search
Click for great cannabis genetics at Female Seeds!
Can I get some yield estimates for this set up outdoors :)? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-10-2011, 02:19 AM #21
JOJO420

JOJO420 is just really niceJOJO420 is just really niceJOJO420 is just really niceJOJO420 is just really niceJOJO420 is just really niceJOJO420 is just really niceJOJO420 is just really niceJOJO420 is just really niceJOJO420 is just really nice
Quote:
Hmm. Out of all the times I've been to homedepot and lowes I have never seen this grow bags.
I found out, after talking to the Home Depot sales dept, that it depends on what state and what city your local Home Depot is in. They do not all carry the same stuff. I will shoot you a pic of a grow bag.
People are using the reusable bags you buy at the grocery store and wal mart as smart pots, and its working. These recyclable bags are 3 gallons or more for like a buck or so. look into those if your still gonna do the small container thing. They have handles and are cheap.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	growbags.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	4.6 KB
ID:	120660
JOJO420 is offline Quote

Old 06-10-2011, 02:27 AM #22
Xtensity
Banned

Xtensity will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOJO420 View Post
I found out, after talking to the Home Depot sales dept, that it depends on what state and what city your local Home Depot is in. They do not all carry the same stuff. I will shoot you a pic of a grow bag.
People are using the reusable bags you buy at the grocery store and wal mart as smart pots, and its working. These recyclable bags are 3 gallons or more for like a buck or so. look into those if your still gonna do the small container thing.
Thank you, and interesting.

I might just use 5 gallon home depot buckets... or maybe just throw out some plants and use the soil on a couple of 20 gallon pots.

I don't know. Either way, visiting the spot daily is no real issue for me.
Xtensity is offline Quote

Old 06-10-2011, 02:33 AM #23
JOJO420

JOJO420 is just really niceJOJO420 is just really niceJOJO420 is just really niceJOJO420 is just really niceJOJO420 is just really niceJOJO420 is just really niceJOJO420 is just really niceJOJO420 is just really niceJOJO420 is just really nice
2 cents

those "smart" bags are better than plastic.. hands down. The plastic buckets heat up and really get hot during the summer. The result is dry roots and HOT soil temps. You need to constantly water. Not good. When your roots are constantly hot and dry, your yield will suffer. Not to mention you will get airy, light buds. It's all about keeping the root zone cool and moist.
JOJO420 is offline Quote

Old 06-10-2011, 02:39 AM #24
Xtensity
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOJO420 View Post
those "smart" bags are better than plastic.. hands down. The plastic buckets heat up and really get hot during the summer. The result is dry roots and HOT soil temps. You need to constantly water. Not good. When your roots are constantly hot and dry, your yield will suffer. Not to mention you will get airy, light buds. It's all about keeping the root zone cool and moist.
That's good to know... So.. will walmart carry those bags for sure? Since it's like a superstore? and what sizes do those bags come in? The smart bags are the grow bags you just referred me to, correct?

Old 06-10-2011, 02:49 AM #25
SuperSizeMe
A foot without a sock...

SuperSizeMe is a splendid one to beholdSuperSizeMe is a splendid one to beholdSuperSizeMe is a splendid one to beholdSuperSizeMe is a splendid one to beholdSuperSizeMe is a splendid one to beholdSuperSizeMe is a splendid one to beholdSuperSizeMe is a splendid one to beholdSuperSizeMe is a splendid one to beholdSuperSizeMe is a splendid one to beholdSuperSizeMe is a splendid one to beholdSuperSizeMe is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtensity View Post
Would I really get more yield from 1 plant in a 20 gallon, than 10 plants in a 2 gallons each?
I'd say it's a close race, grower dependent.

That's a 15g

Best of luck

Peace,
SSM

The days grow shorter and the nights are getting long
Feels like we're running out of time
Every day it seems much harder tellin' right from wrong
You got to read between the lines

Don't get discouraged, don't be afraid, we can
Make it through another day
Make it worth the price we pay...

~Fight the Good Fight~

Rest in peace my Precious baby
1994-2011

SuperSizeMe is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-10-2011, 02:55 AM #26
Endur

Endur has much to be proud ofEndur has much to be proud ofEndur has much to be proud ofEndur has much to be proud ofEndur has much to be proud ofEndur has much to be proud ofEndur has much to be proud ofEndur has much to be proud ofEndur has much to be proud ofEndur has much to be proud ofEndur has much to be proud of
I'd say, if watering is not going to be a problem, just clear enough area for each individual plant, It's going to be worth it in the long run to plant into the ground, and will cut down watering significantly. you don't need to clear a giant patch.
You will yield, way more, than the 2 gallon pots, and you can still plant them all.
Peace
Endur
Endur is offline Quote

Old 06-10-2011, 03:22 AM #27
Xtensity
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endur View Post
I'd say, if watering is not going to be a problem, just clear enough area for each individual plant, It's going to be worth it in the long run to plant into the ground, and will cut down watering significantly. you don't need to clear a giant patch.
You will yield, way more, than the 2 gallon pots, and you can still plant them all.
Peace
Endur
What if all the surrounding area is clay, very thick clay. (I once poured a gallon of water into a hole dug in the clay, and it didn't drain for a several weeks, instead it just evaporated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSizeMe View Post
I'd say it's a close race, grower dependent.

That's a 15g

Best of luck

Peace,
SSM
15 oz plant? or 15g nug?

Old 06-10-2011, 03:49 AM #28
JOJO420

Quote:
So.. will walmart carry those bags for sure?
Again, your local store will vary, but yeah, they should. At the checkout, they are the recyleable bags for sale. Trader joes has them. Sears has the fabric bags at checkout here. I know wal mart has those here also.
I am in So Cal

Quote:
What if all the surrounding area is clay, very thick clay. (I once poured a gallon of water into a hole dug in the clay, and it didn't drain for a several weeks, instead it just evaporated.
No good. don't even waste your time digging. Do above ground containers and bags. Dont even waste your time thinking about solid clay. Go buy those bags and get plantin'
JOJO420 is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-10-2011, 04:19 AM #29
SuperSizeMe
A foot without a sock...

SuperSizeMe is a splendid one to beholdSuperSizeMe is a splendid one to beholdSuperSizeMe is a splendid one to beholdSuperSizeMe is a splendid one to beholdSuperSizeMe is a splendid one to beholdSuperSizeMe is a splendid one to beholdSuperSizeMe is a splendid one to beholdSuperSizeMe is a splendid one to beholdSuperSizeMe is a splendid one to beholdSuperSizeMe is a splendid one to beholdSuperSizeMe is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtensity View Post
15 oz plant? or 15g nug?
My bad, these cannaoil cookies are kicking my ass bro

It's a 15 gal. container, yeild remains to be seen...I'd venture 7-10 zips and she's under a 6.Outdoors, we'll see what she can do

Here she was on 4/20

Today

That was after she vegged for 8-ish weeks and was trained.

From the heart, it's all about the easiest way that we can grow as much great pot as we can with what we have...efficiency of motion, my brother

In the end, we go for what we know.

All the best

SSM

The days grow shorter and the nights are getting long
Feels like we're running out of time
Every day it seems much harder tellin' right from wrong
You got to read between the lines

Don't get discouraged, don't be afraid, we can
Make it through another day
Make it worth the price we pay...

~Fight the Good Fight~

Rest in peace my Precious baby
1994-2011

SuperSizeMe is offline Quote

Old 06-10-2011, 06:58 AM #30
WPA

WPA is on a distinguished road
The more soil you have the better off you will be. If your planting small seedlings in june, then you can get away with 5 gallons (im doing 10 gallons for my seedlings that are about 4-6 in tall now). Any bigger though and your plant will do much better in a bigger pot. It cost me about 30 bucks for each 25 gallon pot and the soil to fill it.
WPA is offline Quote