Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Cannabis Laws & Cannabis Legislation > Paraphernalia laws?

Thread Title Search
Paraphernalia laws? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-15-2010, 02:09 AM #1
Xtensity
Banned

Xtensity will become famous soon enough
Paraphernalia laws?

I was reading about my state on NORML that paraphernalia can warrant a misdemenor and 6 months incarceration. If multiple paraphernalia pieces are found, do the charges stack up as 1 misdemeanor and 6 months incarceration per each one?

What falls under paraphernalia? My friend told me a single rolling paper can be paraphernalia resulting in 6 months in jail.... what if those rolling papers are being used for legal tobbaco purposes? Same goes with the pipes/bongs, if those are being used for tobacco, is it legal?

I was arguing with my friend that it is highly unlikely these charges go through because, so many people get pulled over daily and get busted with bowls and other pieces... I know for a fact that each of these people are not serving 6 months in jail or if that's the case then its rarely reported.

How do they prove this(as side from smelling it)?

Is there any specifics on how these laws work because they are very vague in terms of how the charges can be applied.

If anyone has any information on how paraphernalia laws work that would be excellent.

What are the paraphernalia laws in your state and what are your experiences with paraphernalia charges?
Xtensity is offline Quote

Old 08-15-2010, 02:12 AM #2
statusquo

statusquo is a jewel in the roughstatusquo is a jewel in the roughstatusquo is a jewel in the roughstatusquo is a jewel in the roughstatusquo is a jewel in the roughstatusquo is a jewel in the rough
Pretty obvious to tell if someone is using a device for pot smoking vs. tobacco. If the device is clean with no resin/is used for tobacco it is not yet considered paraphernalia.

Old 08-15-2010, 02:13 AM #3
Xtensity
Banned

Xtensity will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by statusquo View Post
Pretty obvious to tell if someone is using a device for pot smoking vs. tobacco. If the device is clean with no resin/is used for tobacco it is not yet considered paraphernalia.
What if they find freshly cleaned pipes near dirty pipes with tobbaco and marijuana near by.. Yet the clean pipes have nothing in them. Do they get charged as paraphernalia? Do multiple pieces stack up charges as multiple murders would in a court of law?
Xtensity is offline Quote

Old 08-15-2010, 02:47 AM #4
1TokeRedeux

1TokeRedeux has a spectacular aura about1TokeRedeux has a spectacular aura about1TokeRedeux has a spectacular aura about1TokeRedeux has a spectacular aura about1TokeRedeux has a spectacular aura about
I'm on 18 months supervised probation for Possession of drug paraphanalia. I had a grow light, cloner and timers.

If pot is involved, police can say anything near it is paraphanalia.....

On the other side, I had a 42 glass pipe collection and assorted hookas confiscated and was charged with paraphanlia, but the statute of limitations ran out on misdemeanors and the charges had to be dropped - never got the "evidence" back either, bastids.

Depends on the attitude in your area, if you have cops that were bullies in high school, they will try anything - others may ignore a lot.