What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hail Hydro 2.0: New Beginnings

Mr Blah

No wonder my seedlings leafs are greenish yellow.

I just checked pH: it was over 7.5!

damn, I adjusted it a couple days ago, too

Stay vigilant my friends
Do you have RO water?
What is it when it comes out of the tap/well?
I've got very high PH readings myself with well water and my RO system does not budge the PH.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Do you have RO water?
What is it when it comes out of the tap/well?
I've got very high PH readings myself with well water and my RO system does not budge the PH.

Yes I start with RO (<15ppm @ 7.5pH) after adding nutes pH is adjusted to ~ 5.6, but it keeps rising to ~ 7.5

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I was watching venturi YT videos and discovered a tip that works.

I raised my pump from the bottom of the rez, to near the top. This created significantly more flow and bubbles

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Baby Update

(popped up ~ Nov 16). Note a few burnt leafs. I had to lower the bubbler tray to prevent light burn. Even the old Amare Technologies SE 220 packs a punch at 20”. Now at ~ 30"

Need to move them to the main tent soon. Gonna put them 2 of them under my BML SPYDR 600 and 2 under the Amare P 3: both ave similar wattage, but the 600 has a much bigger footprint. and leave 2 possible males under the SE 220 for now.

Leafs are greenish- yellow. still dealing with rising pH, adjusting every morning where it has risen to ~ 6.5

No idea why
>
Plant under the SE 250 almost finished. Temps here have been upper 70s with upper 60-low 70s at night (YUCK!), BUT, starting tonight we’re scheduled for 5 straight nights of < 50* night temps, so I will let them ride, hoping the trichs will fill in a lot more

View attachment 438230 View attachment 438231

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Recently I read an article claiming that low pressure pumps use considerably less power than a 10w bubbler!

Yesterday, I moved 2 of the 5 babies to another tent and tote. So, I decided to check out whether a 250 gph would be too much. Nope perfect for moving 3 gallons of nutes. I added a crude venturi which creates more air. Plants look good 24 hours later

In the bubbler they all started in (same food/pH) one remaining plant stalk is easily twice as thick as the other 4 AND it already has 6" side branching. It's in the upper right, but much bigger since taking last photo.

May need to take some clones of this one

mushroombrew

Veteran
What are you measuring pH with? It looks way off. Mag lockout and maybe iron too.

Also is the res remote or in the room? Water Temps?

Happy to help if you need me.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
What are you measuring pH with? It looks way off. Mag lockout and maybe iron too.

Also is the res remote or in the room? Water Temps?

Happy to help if you need me.

Thanks

Camera does't really get colors right as the CoB spectrum is WW. When I turn it off the mono ring is not NW either

Ah, so you only look at pictures. Lazy people not welcome here

yeah,im a lazy stoned....but im trying for the best!!
...and when i hear *big girl* im looking for it...
sorry if you dont like the negative comments,maybe is the main
reason that you are on the same level for years.
cheers and wishes for better grows:tiphat:

C

cooterbrown420

Thats the biggest problem every post is speaking like a know it all from watching npk youtube videos but plants always look sick. Anyone who offers suggestion or help is told they don't know what they are looking at its the camera etc. Maybe humble yourself and take some tips from other growers

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thats the biggest problem every post is speaking like a know it all from watching npk youtube videos but plants always look sick. Anyone who offers suggestion or help is told they don't know what they are looking at its the camera etc. Maybe humble yourself and take some tips from other growers

So since you KNOW, and I don't, no need for you to post here

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
yeah,im a lazy stoned....but im trying for the best!!
...and when i hear *big girl* im looking for it...
sorry if you dont like the negative comments,maybe is the main
reason that you are on the same level for years.
cheers and wishes for better grows:tiphat:

True, especially when they come from people who are clueless, but think they are all that.

These were started ~ 30 days ago, so yes, she is a BIG girl

Now move along. Your invaluable input not wanted here

C

cooterbrown420

As long as your happy smoking that larfy flower in the end thats all that matters. Carry on and god speed

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I bought NPK RAW N and added ~ 1/8 tsp/2g yesterday.

No perceptible change today. Don't want to add too much as it could cause stretching