What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Malawi x Panama

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Syd,

Here the weather is still quite windy (typical of these days of late March/early April) but days are starting to get sunny and temps are reaching 20ºC every day so it's finally starting to smell like spring time :) Hope the weather is also improving there!

Looks like Malawi x Panama is starting to show preflowers, hopefully is just that and she keeps growing nicely through the whole spring and early summer without any attempt to flower earlier ... i also hate badly revegged outdoor plants :D Hope it's not the case! Best wishes friend! :ying:

G

Hehe,sounds like that besides the same latitude ,we also got the exact same weather my friend!

Alas,the next pictures show that the girl is in official flower mode(and looks quite fast,too).I hope that she keeps like this for another month so that I get something smokable(even just for taste).After she kicks back in veg mode,her clones will take her place,so no worries really.Smells very "warm" and Panama lemon style.Her cousin Pangi smells even more lemony.

2l3dupR.jpg
tsKeeeZ.jpg
ZxpWCxj.jpg

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Syd,

She really wanted to flower, no doubt! She didn't pay much attention to our advice :D
Do you have the chance to force her the 12/12 photoperiod placing her indoors daily 1-2 hours more in a dark place ? Otherwise she will reveg like crazy in May.

Smells like spring time spirit! :)

G

Hehe...
Yeah,those youngsters...Never listen to anyone anymore!

I hope she will keep flowering at least for April to taste some frosty immature budlets.

The clones are preparing themselves,they've started putting on frost after they've rooted without producing extra pistils.

Very lemony,very Panamy...

hWiy3BY.jpg
zMas6RN.jpg
PLM6tnk.jpg
fVAedNL.jpg
pjfNZiS.jpg

G

Beautiful Neiko!Congrats!I wish mine had the time to finish,but I took her head a few days ago when I judged more appropriate before heavy reveg.

RtOS9kS.jpg
7pDgSlv.jpg
acSOJC9.jpg
N45G1QH.jpg

To my surprise,she does deliver a punch!Nothing amazing,but gives a weird buzz.For 5(!) weeks of flower,I'd love to grow her full potential.

So here is the question.I thought that I had taken clones before she went into flowering,but that's what I thought.So the clones are in heavy reveg (greenhouse),I believe this is the "monstercropping " method?
Bottom line,do you think that it is worth it to run the clone or soak another seed of this line?Worrying it might end up larfy...Thanks!

0zvo3Bf.jpg

Neiko

I've never revegged a plant. I personally would pop another seed. I was pleasantly surprised at the 10 week flowering time. I'll pop another just to see what else this hybrid has to offer. I'll be cobbing 90% of this harvest. I have some R&D ACE strains on the way as well as some new testers I'll be running soon too. I'll be documenting those here at icmag as well. I've lurked for years so now it's time to participate more and show off these ACE beauties.

Koondense

Veteran
Reveg can be great, the clone usually explodes with early branching as you can see with yours. So keep the early branches and arrange them in a position for future growth.
Looks just like most of my experiments with taking clones in early/mid flowering.

Cheers

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran

Hi Neiko,

Congrats on the harvest ;)

Lovely Malawi x Panama, flowers look very well developed, resinous and tight. How were the aromas at harvest time ?

Please, keep us updated with a smoke report after dryign and curing process! :yes:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Beautiful Neiko!Congrats!I wish mine had the time to finish,but I took her head a few days ago when I judged more appropriate before heavy reveg.

View ImageView ImageView ImageView Image

To my surprise,she does deliver a punch!Nothing amazing,but gives a weird buzz.For 5(!) weeks of flower,I'd love to grow her full potential.

So here is the question.I thought that I had taken clones before she went into flowering,but that's what I thought.So the clones are in heavy reveg (greenhouse),I believe this is the "monstercropping " method?
Bottom line,do you think that it is worth it to run the clone or soak another seed of this line?Worrying it might end up larfy...Thanks!

View Image

Hi Syd,

A pitty you had to harvest her due to strong revegging, she looks damn resinous at 5 weeks, isn't ? :D

To help your plant to fully reveg it's better to leave only a few branches (the strongest ones which are revegging better).
She still has plenty of time to reveg properly and to produce a healthy growth before start the flowering in August.

G

Thanks for chiming in,guys!I would personally prefer soaking another seed ,but the potential of this one(amazingly fast and resinous,also very stable in photoperiod changes or flowering under increasing photoperiod) and the fact that I don't like culling plants (and I will have to do so inevitably anyway),makes me wanna try with the clone.Hell,I'll see how this one goes for the next month and even in June I can throw a new one in the greenhouse and still get a decent amount of bud .Still an open case :biggrin:

Pruned her a bit.
gFevraw.jpg
Pq8JmJF.jpg

picture.php

This Malawi x Panama is certainly a very vigorous girl, fastest veg grower I had easily, now a couple days into flower. Smell rub smells fantastic really looking forward to what this one will produce.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Syd,

She looks much better after visit the hairdresser :D
Yeah, it would be a pitty to cull this plant, it has shown great traits so far, and in my experience sativas of this kind reveg very well and will have a flowering process without any problem after reveg.
I think she is going to produce normal leaves very soon :yes:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
View Image
This Malawi x Panama is certainly a very vigorous girl, fastest veg grower I had easily, now a couple days into flower. Smell rub smells fantastic really looking forward to what this one will produce.

Hi Moderndayhippy,

What a beautiful Malawi x Panama plant :D Very nice size of leaves, color and structure, she is going to be a monster when she reaches August/September ;)