What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Malawi, Golden Tiger!!

mjlifestyle

Bobbo, I only have one Malawi growing atm, but I've topped her on 3 different occasions while mainlining her, in order to end up with 8 top colas. On top of that, I defoliated her badly (top young leaves) and was forced to prune her aggressively later on, to remove bud sites that grew very small and way too close to each other. So quite a lot of stress, but so far no signs of balls.

Granted, I just flipped her into flowering after 9 weeks of veg, but it does have preflowers. I'm not out of the woods yet, but so far it took it like a tough cookie.

If this last one girl you have is a clone from a mother that turned hermie, isn't her prone to turn hermie as well? So maybe it's not stress, but some genetic predisposition at this point. That's just stuff I read, not experience, just to be clear :)

Bobbo4200

Veteran
Thanks for the input Mj. Hmm I thought I saw preflowers on her but she must have really been a he. I will say that I did top Malawi #2 numerous times. I'll have to start another Malawi soon!

Golden Tiger #1 and #2 are doing great!

Bobbo4200

Veteran
First pic is of Golden Tiger #2 about a week and a half into flower.
The rest are of Golden Tiger #1 two days over 4 week's!!

Bobbo4200

Veteran
Malawi #2 has been in a solo cup doing great at the moment. No balls yet, but I am trying to keep a close eye on her.

Bobbo4200

Veteran
First two pics are of GT#1 five weeks and two days in 12/12.
Second two pic's are GT#2 in flower for 19 days. Might still have to clean a little underneath within a couple few days.

Bobbo4200

Veteran
Cut of GT#1 has rooted. I have cuts off GT#2 in the fridge, but unsure if I will try to root them as I don't really have the room.

Thanks for checking them out!

Bobbo4200

Veteran
Hi Dubi,
Golden Tiger #1 is coming upon 9 weeks in flower tomorrow, looks totally awesome! She's definitely putting on some weight, buds are swaying-leaning haha. Smells are some sort of melon-ie, sweet. Hard to really pinpoint at the moment as she's in the back of the tent with a few other strain's going.
I was wondering about how much longer should I be feeding nutrients to her?, another week then straight pH'd RO water?
Thank you.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Bobbo4200,

I'm glad to hear you are facing the end of the flowering.
Please, post a recent pic if you have the chance so we can check the maturity of the plants and recommend you the best feeding for the rest of the cycle.

Kind regards

Bobbo4200

Veteran
The first pic she is at 9 week's and a day!
The pic's are throughout the grow, wifi is messed up at the house and finally remembered to upload somewhere wit wifi.

Bobbo4200

Veteran
So the pic where she is 9wk's and a day actually at the end of the above set of pictures to be in the correct sequence.
Thanks for checking them out!

Bobbo4200

Veteran
Thanks Mj!, glad someone's checkin' her out haha!

Update: I started the flush on 7-15, gonna just give her pH'd RO water til about week 14.

Golden Tiger clone is transplanted into a 3g fabric pot to veg for a bit, still small,

The Malawi clone threw balls again about a week and a half into flower. I have Malawi #3 and #4 about 3" tall in solo cups though, hoping for female.

Thanks for stopping in.

Bobbo4200

Veteran
Pulled her out of the tent at 11.3weeks to shock ripen for a a couple few weeks before chop.
Pulled GT#2 out as well, she's a mess.

Bobbo4200

Veteran
She's at 14 weeks today, not too much amber trich's going on at the moment other than that bud that turned brown at the top. Not sure why that happened like that...? Prob will chop soonish, prob by 15 weeks but who knows.

Thanks for checking her out.