What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Neem v Root Aphids

mushroombrew

Veteran
NEVER run the fogger with plants in the room, you will absolutely fry every leaf in the room. I use 100% pure cedar oil, i miz 1 oz per liter and spray the top layer of the soil (enough to soak MAYBE 1/2 inch of soil) and around the base of the pots. they really really hate the stuff, and from what we have noticed they die on contact.

That's cool I was just looking at cedar. Was going to use it on top of media to deter future pests.

truck

combine garlic extract at the proper suggested rate and specifically for horticulture with a nano emulsifier like trifecta boost to your neem root drench. Garlic agitates the plant and causes it to uptake what ever is in the solution. Pyrethrum is a good additive along with it all too. Garlic will help the uptake of your organic systemic goods. Trifecta Crop Control is a great foliar spray, some people claim its a good drench, but is not labled for use in the soil specifically, but i used it to get rid of thrips and aphids. My go to preventative of root aphids is bottom dressing and top dressing with an equal mix of crab shell and worm castings, you can sprinkle in some neem seed meal too. 1/2 gallon crab shell 1/2 gallon of worm castings, 1/4 cup diatomacious earth, 1/4 cup neem seed meal. add 2 cups green sand, rock phosphate, oyster shell, humic acid ore, azomite for micros, which will help prevent a lot of issues and let the micro heard get a foothold and these are critical minerals for yield as well as disease prevention. 1 tbs to 1 oz on the floor or mixed in the bottom zone under where the rootball will be planted and then top dress at week 2,4,6 and flush with liquid bone meal weeks 7 all the way to harvest.

Shelby

No one is using neem seed meal? Much preferred over oil as can be used as top dressing and aerated teas however one would like to apply. Foliat or root drench. No soap needed also. Massive fungal build on soil when top dressed and watered. Very beneficial as long as not on seedlings. Happy gardens:)

morgandecaptain

@ozzieAI I assume the 12 ml per liter is 8 ml neem oil + 4 ml emulsifier, thinking of giving this a try with Dr Bronners Hemp Peppermint soap.

ozzieAI

Veteran
@ozzieAI I assume the 12 ml per liter is 8 ml neem oil + 4 ml emulsifier, thinking of giving this a try with Dr Bronners Hemp Peppermint soap.

not sure what the ratio is as mine comes premixed...let us know how you go with it.

good luck...

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
No one is using neem seed meal? Much preferred over oil as can be used as top dressing and aerated teas however one would like to apply. Foliat or root drench. No soap needed also. Massive fungal build on soil when top dressed and watered. Very beneficial as long as not on seedlings. Happy gardens:)
Most CHS is being attributed to neem oil/meal/extracts. There are still a few cases which have not been tied to the presence of neem products. The rest of us prefer not to have any neem products used at all. :tiphat:
Save

ozzieAI

Veteran
I've posted it for several years now. I've literally spent close to 10 years on the subject. You?

and yet you can't provide one piece of independent evidence supporting your claim...

we have been down this road before so i ask again, where is my CHS?

i use neem meal in my soil and i spraying and soil drenching with neem oil for 15 or so years, dozens of people over that time have come in contact with it, i support a couple of cancer patients with herb and not one instance of CHS...

i have spent hours trying to find any supporting evidence of your claims and there isn't any credible material out there that reflects that link.

do you have something i haven't found? please post...