What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Can we please make a Sticky for Powdery Mildew, Bud Rot, etc...

ozzieAI

Veteran
Just found PM on my mother lady and don't know what to do to get rid of it. Have on hand to use neem oil, or organocide 3-in-1 spray. would rather not use any nasty bad sprays on me plants.
Is there anything more 100% organic than these could use?

pure neem oil is 100% organic...never had PM so can't comment, but it does stop leaf rust i get locally...and will slow up bud rot...but it never wins...

laikakali

Here is Health Canada's take on Eagle 20.

https://www.canada.ca/en/health-can...romhealthcanadaonmyclobutanilandcannabis.html
They don't seem to think it is as evil as Washington and Oregon do.
I know I have been able to keep some clones/mothers/strains going for 17 years,with only spraying newly rooted clones and tossing out any older plants . I have had PM only when I didn't use Eagle 20. I have used about everything there is for PM( actinovate , serenade, copper, neem) and always go back to E20.
I bought a ready to flower plant last year, a mistake, had PM in week 2 and I hosed it with Eagle 20, It tested clean in certified lab. I even told them what to look for , they had to test at parts per billion, not ppm, to find a trace.

Got pm on one of the outdoor plants I have just bought some greencure and sprayed them this morning , I try to stay away from sulfur burns so hoping this product gives me what I need , 4 weeks left to finish , I also moved the affected plant to the front of the house away from the other ones

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
What is name of this?
I've heard rust, and leafspot septoria.

Any help is appreciated

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Bmac1

Veteran
Finally got lazy enough to let PM into my room, FUCK!

I'm not interested in merely controlling it, I want it gone. Seems the only way is through application of some harsh chemicals that require me to dress in hazmat gear to apply. This is not appealing at all to me as I am growing in small tents in an apartment bedroom. I can't exactly take plants outside to spray.

I removed the infected clone but am also picking leaves and seeing signs on my recently acquired forum cut and ecsd. I may have to get rid of my plants and do an in depth cleaning and then just fire up again from seed in late September.

I just want to make sure it's gone as the seed run planned is a test for Karma and I dont want to be battling PM at the same time.

Fuck me! Oh well, got bit in the ass and it will force me to tighten up the process.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
just cut '2' plants with PM... i mixed '4' 5gallon home depot buckets - 1st was with baking soda, next was lemon juice + peroxide (3pct)- then '2' plain water buckets to rinse.... looks to have worked....BUT b4 hanging em after the 2nd plain water rinse, i rinsed em one final time in the sink... reason being, i saw some of the PM floating on top of the water in the 4th bucket- better to be safe...

St. Phatty

Having gotten it, I understand PM is a real pain in the ass. And I don't have a cure other than a dehumidifier.

I've been dealing with mold this year, and to be honest, enjoying it. I had 3 plants that I was very patient with and waited and waited and waited, to let the trichomes do their thing.

Harvested at the first sign of mold, so basically having the mold was a deliberate decision.

The mold was concentrated on a few of the larger buds on each plant.

No problem. SEEK AND DESTROY !!!

Destroy the mold's growth process that is. Bud's with mold went into the freezer or my personal meds, the Tupperware Stack in the kitchen.

The mold on one of the Indica's helped the cure process. It's like they've had a month of cure !!

Anyway I've enjoyed the Mold Lesson. Better to learn on a non-commercial crop I guess.

Didn't lose any weight, 1% at most. I have my choice of all the buds and I'm smoking the nuggets next to the actual mold.

Never thought I would enjoy Mold on my Buds. But it was worth it. Glad I harvested later rather than earlier.

Mr. J

For powdery mildew sulphur burners work and they work well. Tear everything down and clean everything. Burn sulphur twice a week on the moms and in veg, and get your environment in order, and by the time you're flowering again that shit should be long gone. Burn once a week on the moms and in veg as a preventative if you're worried about it coming back.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
so now it indoor season in my neck of the woods - growing '8' plants in a 4x3.5ft tent with '2' 315 cmh's overhead , n '5' cheap led's for side lite - guess each led is maybe 100w- so suff lite - i have a fan blowing thruout the day, it goes off at nite with the lights - i'm 5 weeks into 12/12, buds looking good, today i see some PM on a couple of the plants lower fan leaves- not a lot, but its def PM- i got 'greencure' which i'm going to spray tomm, but the question is....
during the day the temp is between 75/85F, fan blowing in the tent, the humidity is low usually under 35% , the nite time temp can drop to 55F , n i really don't have any way of raising it - is it the nite time temp that is promoting the PM? - i certainly can keep the fan blowing 24hrs , but i thought PM is brought on by high humidity ... bit confused... thanks

I wood

When the temperature drops the humidity goes up. With a temperature drop that big, soon after lights out is probably when the mold gets the spike in humidity it needs to get started.
I have not used green cure before but understand it is potassium bicarbonate , works well but shrivels the pistils pretty bad in my experience.
Plant therapy is a peppermint based foliar that works well and doesn’t mess with pistils. I have had good results with it up to a week before harvest. If used in the last few weeks of flower i dunk in a h2o2 rinse to remove any residue just in case.

I wood

When the temperature drops the humidity goes up. With a temperature drop that big, soon after lights out is probably when the mold gets the spike in humidity it needs to get started.
I have not used green cure before but understand it is potassium bicarbonate , works well but shrivels the pistils pretty bad in my experience.
Plant therapy is a peppermint based foliar that works well and doesn’t mess with pistils. I have had good results with it up to a week before harvest. If used in the last few weeks of flower i dunk in a h2o2 rinse to remove any residue just in case.

I got a sample of the stuff about 6 months ago. I looked at the label and it says it has isopropyl alcohol. No way am I spraying that anywhere close to flower. Iso is a solvent. I used to make qwiso with it.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
If used in the last few weeks of flower i dunk in a h2o2 rinse to remove any residue just in case.

yeah my outdoor plants had PM, n i dunked em in h2o2, n i think i added a bit of lemon juice... n then rinsed em in buckets, n then once again under a gentle spray-

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
When the temperature drops the humidity goes up. With a temperature drop that big, soon after lights out is

my monitor shows the 24hr temp/humidity - the humidity never goes over 35- but agree it has to be the drop in temp, as thats the same thing that happened in my outdoor shed this year... i'm going to keep the heater on during the nite n raise the temp... n my oil fuel bill too

THC123

Veteran
I always use a cleanlights uv system for PM. Haven't had to spray in 10 years. No more fungicides for me. You can use it up to harvest and even after harvest. Safe as fuck and easy

I wood

I always use a cleanlights uv system for PM. Haven't had to spray in 10 years. No more fungicides for me. You can use it up to harvest and even after harvest. Safe as fuck and easy

Yup, heard that before, even bought one on your recommendation.
Works well in veg and on cacti but doesn’t on flowering plants. Light doesn't go around corners or into crevices well. Maybe it is because i bought the small unit, not sure but haven't had good results with it so far.

THC123

Veteran
I have the small unit and I have been using it mainly on flowering plants because I am too lazy to do preventative treatments and here it works very well.

It is true that it is labor intensive and to you have to be abel to move freely in your growing space. But if you are able to shine the light on every part of the plant it works really well also in flowering (for me especially during flowering cuz that is when I use it). I always get PM in my greenhouse every year around the 4th or 5th week of flowering. It never is a problem with these lights.

Of course if you are not able to hit every part of the plant it won't work.

I wood

I have the small unit and I have been using it mainly on flowering plants because I am too lazy to do preventative treatments and here it works very well.

It is true that it is labor intensive and to you have to be abel to move freely in your growing space. But if you are able to shine the light on every part of the plant it works really well also in flowering.

Of course if you are not able to hit every part then it won't work.

Interesting, sounds like operator error on my part then. It gave me a false sense of security, i would find small spots when trimming, very frustrating.
Guess I need to revisit the light with more attention to detail.
How often do you use it ?

I wood

I got a sample of the stuff about 6 months ago. I looked at the label and it says it has isopropyl alcohol. No way am I spraying that anywhere close to flower. Iso is a solvent. I used to make qwiso with it.

ok, dont then.
I shared your attitude on foliars for over 25 years, until i bought a freestanding commercial building and have had pm issues ever since.
I have tried everything except synthetic chemicals and after five years have reached an almost acceptable equilibrium. Maybe 3-5% loss happening perpetually. The people receiveing my supply are aware of situation and have repeatedly let me know they have no issue at all. I have bought all five of them lighted scopes and tried to show them how to inspect buds in case i ever miss something. It seems I am the only one worried about this and even have one patient who asks to purchase the tainted buds at a discount. I look forward to not growing for others but have made commitments i will honor until I can’t.

Qwiso was made once and discarded and better solvents used from that point on. I have no love for isopropyl alcohol. Water hash for smoking and ethanol extracted oil for edibles works for me.
Good luck to you and I hope you never need to deal with pm the way i do.

Latest posts

Latest posts