What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Defoliation: Hi-Yield Technique?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jbonez

Veteran
You guys are always comparing a young sativa with your finished Indica you oviously don't know shit.

You post a few studys one shows it works I post a bunch showing it does work but you don't believe science or have the balls to do it yourself Why???

Why don't you do the side by side you got enough plants.

If the best lab did it you would still be crying foul after they show a couple of more ounces per plant then yours if you were running the same strain this has been documented over and over there is plenty of proof in the last 260 pages.

You just called the hundreds of posters who have posted there results hundreds of times liars yet you all lack the balls to do a simple pruning and are talking out you ass because you got no balls.

You hack your bottoms and strip all the leaf which is harsher than this and your girls are half naked how hard would it be to remove some leaves ???

Problem is my bulbz is sideways yo... Defolimigatin aint good for my gals b....

You are clearly appealing this method to the growers who are using overhead lighting... Vert guys wised up bro.. If defoliating requires wasting light by going overhead, it is mathematically defunct, pointless and not worth investing in..

I would quite literally, surgically remove my own testicle if you can show me a 3lb harvey on 600w overhead grow with defoliating, because thats the benchmark right now, so Ill be waiting...

Funny, the most revered growers in the game would say that pruning is one thing, while what you are doing is just why.

Honestly, Im just here because I have no life and this is the funniest shit Ive seen in a long time.

i think our pictures kinda prove that the bigger yields come hand in hand with good enviroment, nutrition and a little common sense.
you still have yet to produce a picure of a) a nice bud or b) a nice lower budsite.

Because I have explaned with honesty I haven't grown in years and there are no buds yet DO YOU UNDERSTAND you've been chasing this for the last few pages I've repeated myself.

You have 4 oz plants give it a try prove me wrong because hundreds of people have posted there results the vast majority have documented an improvement yet you still can't read the writing on the page.

It's not my job to find the hundreds of positive results since all you Defo VIRGINS are so scared to try anything.

Find the posts that prove it doen't work you won't find many but at least you will get an education finding the high percentage of reports ACTUAL GROW REPORTS and then maybe some of you won't be talking out your ass about shit you have no knowledge of.

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
ignorance truely is bliss lol

tbh you cant show any bud pic along with ''i am polluted'' so its a case of your basically talking shit. simples

Problem is my bulbz is sideways yo... Defolimigatin aint good for my gals b....

You are clearly appealing this method to the growers who are using overhead lighting... Vert guys wised up bro.. If defoliating requires wasting light by going overhead, it is mathematically defunct, pointless and not worth investing in..

I would quite literally, surgically remove my own testicle if you can show me a 3lb harvey on 600w overhead grow with defoliating, because thats the benchmark right now, so Ill be waiting...

Funny, the most revered growers in the game would say that pruning is one thing, while what you are doing is just why.
Honestly, Im just here because I have no life and this is the funniest shit Ive seen in a long time.

You clearly have not actually read any of the last few pages I run vertical DHF also recommends it as does Delta 9 pulling 20 oz trees it works the same vertical with the truly fat trees they have to for air and light penetration when you start learning something check out the tree people most do remove leaves on purpose because it works.
EVERYBODY WHO HAS NEVER DONE IT DO IT OTHERWISE YOU KNOW NOTHING.

whodare

Veteran
Because I have explaned with honesty I haven't grown in years

i doubt youve ever really grown before...

You have 4 oz plants give it a try prove me wrong because hundreds of people have posted there results the vast majority have documented an improvement yet you still can't read the writing on the page.

hundreds? doubt it.

NO PERSON IN THIS THREAD HAS PROVIDED ANYTHING CONCLUSIVE PROVING DEFOLIATION WORKS, IT HAS ALL BEEN ANECDOTAL AT BEST.

NO CONTROLS, NO TESTING TIMING, NO SIDE BY SIDE, NOTHING

It's not my job to find the hundreds of positive results since all you Defo VIRGINS are so scared to try anything.

Sorry i pull 1.5-2#per light consistently, do you really think im going to risk ruining a crop for a few unlikely grams just to prove to some juvenile twats online it doesnt work when your plants are already maxed....

FUCK NO..

i do this for a living, not my headies, meaning i have bills and obligations, and since this is my daily job i dont feel its wise to risk my livelyhood proving you morons wrong.

Find the posts that prove it doen't work you won't find many but at least you will get an education finding the high percentage of reports ACTUAL GROW REPORTS and then maybe some of you won't be talking out your ass about shit you have no knowledge of.

ill take dozens of studies done by professionals over anyones bullshit proof of defoliation on this thread, and since the overwhelming majority of studies say it reduces yield, ill take their word for it.

ignorance truely is bliss lol

tbh you cant show any bud pic along with ''i am polluted'' so its a case of your basically talking shit. simples

No you are talking shit about something you have never done and don't know shit about.

I am actually doing something I'm learning while some of you can't open your eyes and see many many people do it but most gave up helping the Ignorant that won't actually try the thing they are bashing based on nothing but your outdated opinion that would be chartered if you read something for yourself by the hundreds of people who have done it repeatedly in this thread and many other journals.

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
yup i think your up against a few people who make their living from growing either cannabis or other plants. when you are, you need shit producing at optimum otherwise you wont eat.

you other guys can fuck around with your plant and skin it alive with no worries.
budbuster, the plant you posted wouldnt even be of any value. i wouldnt even flower something like that. infact you would be doing it a favour if you throw it away. put the poor thing out of its misery!

DrFever

Veteran
Here bud lol before pics and later on will post the start of my skinning :)) some of us have to go spend some time with our girls yea know :laughing:

Attachments

• DSCF2805.jpg
    DSCF2805.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 9

iampolluted

NO PERSON IN THIS THREAD HAS PROVIDED ANYTHING CONCLUSIVE PROVING DEFOLIATION WORKS, IT HAS ALL BEEN ANECDOTAL AT BEST.

hate to say this....but this includes YOU too. you've done nothing but subject us to an opinion, and no factual information proving it DOESN'T work.

i doubt youve ever really grown before...

hundreds? doubt it.

Sorry i pull 1.5-2#per light consistently, do you really think im going to risk ruining a crop for a few unlikely grams just to prove to some juvenile twats online it doesnt work when your plants are already maxed....

FUCK NO..

i do this for a living, not my headies, meaning i have bills and obligations, and since this is my daily job i dont feel its wise to risk my livelyhood proving you morons wrong.

ill take dozens of studies done by professionals over anyones bullshit proof of defoliation on this thread, and since the overwhelming majority of studies say it reduces yield, ill take their word for it.

There are plenty I have brought them up you won't believe what you read yes dipshit there are hundreds of posts like i said you wouldn't believe the scientific study's so until you do it YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
hate to say this....but this includes YOU too. you've done nothing but subject us to an opinion, and no factual information proving it DOESN'T work.

man he has posted pics. wtf have you done? you have not even put on one pic at all. you obviously dont really have anything worth showing

Here bud lol before pics and later on will post the start of my skinning :)) some of us have to go spend some time with our girls yea know :laughing:

Wow after so many pages Buddy Your Bravery is making me proud to face your fears after so long I'll help in any way go gentle when you deflower that lovely lady

Now we have someone with balls that maybe we can have real conversations about a real technique good or bad.

Fever if your already in flower I'd wait till stretch is done but if you haven't done it in veg you may not see as much benefit do it with some of those clones you got going in the tub or one of the plants under your t5s in early veg.

DrFever

Veteran
Wow after so many pages Buddy Your Bravery is making me proud to face your fears after so long I'll help in any way go gentle when you deflower that lovely lady

Now we have someone with balls that maybe we can have real conversations about a real technique good or bad.

hahahaha bud i remove all leafs as well as lower bud sites so all energy will not get wasted today is pretty much full bloom mode watch how huge they get and in a short time start of pruning lets not make get confused with defoilating as all my top leafs stay intact

Attachments

• DSCF2813.jpg
    DSCF2813.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 10
  • DSCF2821.jpg
    DSCF2821.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 9
  • DSCF2815.jpg
    DSCF2815.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 12
Getting a little OT. Maybe there should be a "Plants and sugars 101" thread for this lol.

In my experience, running the same cloned pheno, same nutrient regimen, same everything, once I started defoliating I averaged 10% more yield with much less fluff. I didn't even stagger the defoliation, I just took off every fan leaf bigger than a playing card every 7 days until week 4 of flower, then left them alone...I didn't notice any shock issues. I was running two 4x8 tents and the first two times I tried defol. I ran one tent "normally" and one with the above defoliation method so I did have back to back and consistent results....10% yield doesn't sound like much but if your yielding 5 pounds that an extra half pound per harvest and of bigger easier to trim buds, all for spending 20-30 minutes a week picking off some leaves.

I'm sure just as with nutrients and lighting distances, every strain and every pheno will react differently which is why I think some people in this thread hate it and some love it....I know my strain/pheno loves it though.

I thank you for your bravery in posting WHAT YOU HAVE ACTUALLY DONE.

Sorry for the Spanish inquisition but they still believe the earth is flat and the sky is falling (no it's just leaves relax they grow back)

Get in this discussion you are one of the few who actually know what your talking about don't worry about the haters they will fall off the edges of the world preaching their THEORIES.

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
hahahaha bud i remove all leafs as well as lower bud sites so all energy will not get wasted today is pretty much full bloom mode watch how huge they get and in a short time start of pruning lets not make get confused with defoilating as all my top leafs stay intact

nice a tidy man. good example of how trimming should be done.
:tiphat:

whodare

Veteran
I thank you for your bravery in posting WHAT YOU HAVE ACTUALLY DONE.

Sorry for the Spanish inquisition but they still believe the earth is flat and the sky is falling (no it's just leaves relax they grow back)

Get in this discussion you are one of the few who actually know what your talking about don't worry about the haters they will fall off the edges of the world preaching their THEORIES.

did he do it????

i havent seen any pictures....

i love the confirmation bias you display so quickly to someone posting words with no evidence, as opposed to the dozen cited studies i posted.

you gave one, and i dont think you understand the economics of defoliation, it increases yield because more product is prevented from rotting, and it makes mechanical harvesting possible instead of just manual.

This is from another thread https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=241158&page=5

It ain`t over till the fat lady sings Bro , so hang in there with the killer work..and.....Once stretch is completely over.....

Start takin off all the fanleaves that have a stem ..gradually over a several day period so as not to shock the plants...but...

Keep doin so till the only 1`s left on em are the 1 leafer`s juttin out the colas till end of cycle and it`ll make yas happy........

Keep on dialin Ismoke....Good luck and....

Peace...DHF.........

Status
Not open for further replies.