What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Defoliation: Hi-Yield Technique?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrFever

Veteran
everyone's definition of larf will vary....i saw maybe 5 buds in the op's pic a few pages back that were larf to me, everything else looked to be a gram or more in size.

hahaha what gram wet ??????? that is it going to fire up other pc and show you then you can see and compare and what is funny you would need 10- half pound bags to make a pound from that larf cmon look at it you see anything dense in them lower buds ???? anything brb

DrFever

Veteran
I've had them for five weeks the plant hasn't gotten very tall because I was growing them vertically no light near the top using those 23 watt CFL and a underpowered 400 that died more than two weeks ago so it's florescent until I bought a 1000 watt a few days ago .I would have buded them by now to keep them short and fat for the cabinet with the vertical 400 hps but I got the 1000 cheap so now I'm doing a room grow I wasn't going to do but why not more power.
Fever you scrog in a 4 feet high table so the plants are only halve that right now same as mine in about the about same time yours should be way taller given 3000 watts of overhead lighting for the last what 3 weeks or so they were under a 1000 watt for more than a week plus and you transplanted them into tested soil 4 times now more than 30 gallons for two or more weeks and 5 gallon before which I agree would be Ideal.

Now my plants that I've had for about the same amount of time that came with a gallon of shit soil attached so it's been in 4 gallons the whole time it was to small to begin with so never dried out growth was slow with a faulty capacitor on the vertical 400 HPS the leaves would turned to the CFLS plus you have better temps and CO2.

Why aren't your plants like way bigger then mine because they have had a perfect pampered life and mine thoroughly abused plant.

You got way more light and they have had premium light the whole time.

You've got way more soil and better soil mine i think is a bit off.

You have always had a better environment perfect day & night temp nutrient humidity bang on and more than 1500ppm CO2.

My pictures were three weeks old go back about 5 or so pages same pics the plant is basically the size of yours with shit light and no top light bad soil in the cold.

I'm obviously the better grower I can do the same with much less in every respect imagine when I set everything up and start fresh I really be kicking ass LOL
dude one sec brb ok as for my scrog if i was to of left them alone thy would be probably close to 6 feet tall and a bush but i trained them to stay low but bush out by doing this i more or less stretched plants out sideways to fill scrog table ending with a plant thaat is actually 4 - 5 feet tall from soil up on harvest day also here i a plant that was vegged 18 days then flipped into flower so total 26 days from a 3" clone a plant non touched

bottom line are you achieving a pound per plant ??? or what 1/2 oz

Attachments

• DSCF2790.jpg
    DSCF2790.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 11
  • DSCF2784.jpg
    DSCF2784.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 12
  • DSCF2792.jpg
    DSCF2792.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 12

whodare

Veteran
I'm obviously the better grower I can do the same with much less in every respect imagine when I set everything up and start fresh I really be kicking ass LOL

How can you say that right after this

You have always had a better environment perfect day & night temp nutrient humidity bang on and more than 1500ppm CO2.

So he has a properly built room with perfectly healthy plants growing vigorously and you don't, but your the better grower, come the fuck on...

Then you post pictures of a plant like this thinking it's good

picture.php

Get a clue....

Fucking amateurs...

no one is telling you what to do. you have not presented anything which makes me want to try your method. it seems your skinning, the plant grows back, you skin, it grows back again. this could keep going on forever.

and im not just saying this.. but every single bud pic ive seen on this thread from a defoliated plant is either small, very airy.. or both.

If you don't get it how many ways can i say this if you remove fan leaves all the little tiny nubs will grow branches to make new leaves that will be replaced the old leaf mass in three days with branch tips.

You do this a couple or more times depending on how branchy you want it may slow height because it is growing out more branches it will be fatter with more potential bud sites if you only do it once or twice it just kick starts the branching if you do it more your forcing smaller branches out I have done it four times it is dense I probably wont do it till after stretch so they have a month off.

The airy bud pic is a real sativa most are thin airy long flowering small yielding because a lot of time all the bud is larf but it is my favorite if crossed with an Indica so it can put some weight on but keep most of the head high.

Ultimately it isn't any different than topping or fim keep doing it until your happy with the structure you have for extra budsites

How can you say that right after this

So he has a properly built room with perfectly healthy plants growing vigorously and you don't, but your the better grower, come the fuck on...

Then you post pictures of a plant like this thinking it's good "

View Image

That was 3 weeks ago and it's a valid statement despite the very different grow lights and yes they are still about the same size Imagine that for bagseed.

DrFever

Veteran
omg bud buster your 2 funny man ok lets compare some things here lmao do you have any harvest pictures ?? from your skinned plants ??? your growing with cfl's ok lets compare i am on my other pc on now 96 watt T5 veg

Attachments

• picture645.jpg
    picture645.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 11
  • picture587h.jpg
    picture587h.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 13
  • picture762g.jpg
    picture762g.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 16
  • picture686.jpg
    picture686.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 10

DrFever

Veteran
some more pics for you buddy :) see one plant trim over pound dry stalks massive for major food uptake as well as branches to actually hold buds lol
picture 1112 2 plants buds galore no defoilating and there big you actually think your a better grower i bow to you

Attachments

• picture1112.jpg
    picture1112.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 13
  • picture294lk.jpg
    picture294lk.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 14
  • picture451v.jpg
    picture451v.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 14
  • picture473q.jpg
    picture473q.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 12

DrFever

Veteran
hahahaha some buds shots for you there buddy 26 oz bottle

please note half pound bag not even full but weight in 227 grams good smoke 1 oz bud beside TV changer shall i go on lol ok 4.75 pound in tote 5 plant grow

Attachments

• picture361k.jpg
    picture361k.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 12
  • picture362d.jpg
    picture362d.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 15
  • picture493.jpg
    picture493.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 11
  • DSCF1852.jpg
    DSCF1852.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 11
  • picture489gr.jpg
    picture489gr.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 11
omg bud buster your 2 funny man ok lets compare some things here lmao do you have any harvest pictures ?? from your skinned plants ??? your growing with cfl's ok lets compare i am on my other pc on now 96 watt T5 veg

These were taken on the 25 oct so 11 days ago much denser a little shorter you can see I pulled a few leaves off the top few inches because they were shooting up I had limited height so I was going to flower but my light died so I defoliated again.

Before - Can you see thru anywhere four 23 watt bad boys behind those girls even after shes striped its still not thin.

After - Every little leaf is another budsite making more branches

It fills up fast In a few days it's almost the same leaf mass coming from all the little and big branches that were just nubs last time built off the nubs from the time before and that is what this is all about there are a ton of tricks this is one I've liked and will continue to experiment on my next batch run a few do two heavy to med two nothing if they are vertical the same height shouldn't be a problem maintaining.

So is this really 250+ pages of the same old argument theory versus practical experience.
But at least my girls are much fatter than yours I never thought I'd be happy to have fat girls but I am.

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
tbh mate we are trying to help out the newbs who turn up here. i mean if there was no real experience being shown here people might really start beleiving that this will work.

seems like you look at your plants and see something different to us. it looks stressed and ill to me. i can predict that you probs will get an oz tops from that. and thats being generous.

whodare

Veteran
These were taken on the 25 oct so 11 days ago much denser a little shorter you can see I pulled a few leaves off the top few inches because they were shooting up I had limited height so I was going to flower but my light died so I defoliated again.

Before - Can you see thru anywhere four 23 watt bad boys behind those girls even after shes striped its still not thin.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=40230&pictureid=964227&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=40230&pictureid=964228&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]

It fills up fast In a few days it's almost the same leaf mass coming from all the little and big branches that were just nubs last time built off the nubs from the time before and that is what this is all about there are a ton of tricks this is one I've liked and will continue to experiment on my next batch run a few do two heavy to med two nothing if they are vertical the same height shouldn't be a problem maintaining.

Sad, sad plants bro.

So is this really 250+ pages of the same old argument theory versus practical experience.
But at least my girls are much fatter than yours I never thought I'd be happy to have fat girls but I am

Lol you can't be serious.

You haven't even told us how old the plant is exactly, best guess is at least 4 weeks in the above pic....

And you want to compare that to this,First pic is 3 weeks, plant in top right is 3.5 weeks old, 2.5 feet tall 2.5 wide.
at day 26 flower it is 4ft wide 5 feet tall.

iampolluted

^^^^ 18" of stem that could've been producing bud, but nope, it got shade so it got trimmed off.

ah well, less bud for you.

You forget hydro is always a bonus strong light good bushy strain with this strain branching would be sparse but my bithes are the fatter they just get haircuts and eat whatever is free.

Trim her and lets see how big she is naked Please I got to see her naked common she's half naked now what dirty girls you got.

Last edited:

whodare

Veteran
^^^^ 18" of stem that could've been producing bud, but nope, it got shade so it got trimmed off.

ah well, less bud for you.

:laughing: ok right, that 18 inches would have given me this
Here is a good example of well developed bottom growth. The structure, texture, trichome development, and density resemble upper nugs. You can see rays of unimpeded light on some of the buds. Not a single budding site has ever been removed from these clones.

picture.php

Instead of this

You forget hydro is always a bonus strong light good bushy strain with this strain branching would be sparse but my bithes are the fatter they just get haircuts and eat whatever is free.

Your right hydro is an advantage, but we are comparing plants that are 3weeks old to plants at least 4 weeks old, likely older.

Oh and btw your plants aren't eating shit if you strip the leafs, it reduces transpiration and nutrient demand.

DrFever

Veteran

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=40230&pictureid=964227&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=40230&pictureid=964228&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]

But at least my girls are much fatter than yours I never thought I'd be happy to have fat girls but I am.
hahahahaha
fatter ????? we are still waiting for a bud shot of that fluff

PS you forgot to strip the leafs that are crisp lol

When those buds mature their will be more than a zip maybe two they seem very immature and a couple of extra ounces on a long running low yielding sativa would be great I'm glad you thought of it all on your own makes sense cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.