What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

GreenMind's Outdoor 2017 in 100-150 Gallon Smartpots

GreenMind

Hello ICmag community,

Just for fun gonna throw up some pictures of my small 3 plant personal garden growing in 100 and 150 gallon smart pots. I started the seeds in march, planted in April. I would tell you what the genetics are, but I don't know what the policy on that is here. It's been a while since I've posted here.

Anyway, I bought these 100 and 150 gallon smart pots in he off season, first time using them, and did some research on 2 main topics .

1. What approximate yield max in a 100-150 gallon smart pot, and
2. Approximately How many ounces of flower per gallon of soil.

Needless to say, I wasn't very satisfied with any of the answers I've come across, so I hope to shed some light on the issue with this seasons grow:) Thers is still a lot of summer left, and I am sure we can get these plants to max out their pots before the growing is done. hope you enjoy.

PDX Dopesmoker

Hello ICmag community,

Just for fun gonna throw up some pictures of my small 3 plant personal garden growing in 100 and 150 gallon smart pots. I started the seeds in march, planted in April. I would tell you what the genetics are, but I don't know what the policy on that is here. It's been a while since I've posted here.

Anyway, I bought these 100 and 150 gallon smart pots in he off season, first time using them, and did some research on 2 main topics .

1. What approximate yield max in a 100-150 gallon smart pot, and
2. Approximately How many ounces of flower per gallon of soil.

Needless to say, I wasn't very satisfied with any of the answers I've come across, so I hope to shed some light on the issue with this seasons grow:) Thers is still a lot of summer left, and I am sure we can get these plants to max out their pots before the growing is done. hope you enjoy.

There are a zillion different factors that come into play determining your harvest per gallon of soil outdoors, but I guess about 1 ounce per gallon seems to be somewhere in the middle of the range.

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
you can crop your photos before you upload them and they wont be sideways.

here are some good answers i found in reference to outdoor yields, great decision using the 100+ gallon pots.

To hit a mere 1-2 lbs per pot outdoor veg time is irrelevant unless you are incompetent. I've hit those number planting mid July with 6" clones giving them nothing more than a good soil mix and water. Genetics, environment and the care the plant gets is far more important. If you don't believe pot size has any impact try a little size by side experiment and see what happens. Anyone who claims pot size does not matter very obviously does not know what the fuck they are talking about or how to properly grow cannabis. Even in veg the difference is like night and day - a plant in a 5 gallon will veg much, much faster and get far larger than the same plant in a 1 gallon. Cannabis does not like to have it's roots restricted. If you want big, fast growing healthy plants give them space and then watch them explode.

U never saw my growlast year then its over on,gc which is allmessed right now. Posted my outdoor grow here today. Got 2 400s a 200 and 100s and65s. A hodge podge ofpots hahaha. But anyway last year I pulled 4.5 to 5 and some change from the 100s, 3.5 to 4 from my 65s and my 200 gallon blackberry was 7 pounds. So yeah u cn pul close to 10 out ofa200 if done right. My 25 and 20 gallonspulled 1 and a half to 1 pound apiece. This year aiming for 10 pounds from my 400s. Wouldnt doless then 200s now that I have experience usingall the pot sizes.

GreenMind

I have to respectfully disagree with you both. In a 'normal grow' outdoor, modern soil, nutes, etc. 6+ pounds is NOT the expected outcome for a 100 gallon. Let me guess, 12+ pounds in a 200 gallon ? Lol. Why even make a 500 gallon?

Anyway, I hope you guys are nicer than this to other growers that come here. Copying and pasting is not a substitute for knowledge.

GreenMind

Save the whole 'there are a zillion different factors' for the noobs you lord over. I'm doing a benchmark test outdoors, in ocean grown using General Organics in. Northern California.

You know what, this may not be worth the effort

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
I have to respectfully disagree with you both. In a 'normal grow' outdoor, modern soil, nutes, etc. 6+ pounds is NOT the expected outcome for a 100 gallon. Let me guess, 12+ pounds in a 200 gallon ? Lol. Why even make a 500 gallon?

Anyway, I hope you guys are nicer than this to other growers that come here. Copying and pasting is not a substitute for knowledge.

3.5-4lbs from a 65 gallon pot
56-64 ozs or .86 to .98 oz per gallon.

4.5-5lbs from a 100 gallon pot
72-80 ozs or .72 to .8 oz per gallon.

7lbs from a 200 gallon pot
112 ozs or .56 oz per gallon.

nowhere did it say anything about 6+ pounds from a 100 gallon or 12 pounds from a 200 gallon.

Also clearly demonstrating the decrease in ozs per gallon as pot size increases.

i can only hope your better at growing than math and reading/comprehension.

GreenMind

Are you slow in the head!? It says '1 ounce a gallon in the middle of the range'

Wtf are you even talking about in 37 posts since June 2017.

100 gallons does not grow a fucking .8 ounce per gallon aka 5 pounds, nor does 200 gallons get you anywhere close to 10 pounds. you dumb ass. Where do you get any of your bullshit?

No wonder this place is empty.

Last edited:

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
Damn dude those look wonderful. Great job. Noticed you don't have trellis? With beasts like that you aren't worried?

GreenMind

It's hard to see, but they are supported and tied from the inside to a cage. There are only 3 plants, so it isn't too much work to do it this way. Not perfect, but oh well, we'll make it work.