What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

URSA Optilux/SS315/KISS/coco/veg+bloom/4x4

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
One more thing. Is your light absolutely centered? Or could it be possibly to the left wall a little more than the right when looking into your tent from the front? The back right is significantly shorter and I don't know if it just how you moved plants around or if it was stationed there the majority of time.

saitama

They won't green up again as the plant cells have been damaged, but it shouldn't get worse either. The new bud growth should look good though. :tiphat:

Bummer. Lesson learned. The yellowing has not progressed at all and they did green up a bit when I raised the light. Excellent info. I will try to direct mount the light to my tent. Thing is so heavy though so I'll need to find help.

I'm pretty happy with the growth too.

saitama

One more thing. Is your light absolutely centered? Or could it be possibly to the left wall a little more than the right when looking into your tent from the front? The back right is significantly shorter and I don't know if it just how you moved plants around or if it was stationed there the majority of time.

The light is perfectly centered, but I will verify. That plant in the rear was always slower compared to the others. That being said, it did pop about a week later than the rest. This is my first time growing from seed as well.

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bummer. Lesson learned. The yellowing has not progressed at all and they did green up a bit when I raised the light. Excellent info. I will try to direct mount the light to my tent. Thing is so heavy though so I'll need to find help.

I'm pretty happy with the growth too.

Don't worry it is the buds that count :p You'll be throwing those leave away anyways :peacock: Just think you could have made your tops white...the Light DMG isn't even too bad you most likely caught it in time before anything of gravity was done.

saitama

Don't worry it is the buds that count :p You'll be throwing those leave away anyways :peacock: Just think you could have made your tops white...the Light DMG isn't even too bad you most likely caught it in time before anything of gravity was done.

I'm glad to hear you say that! I'm (s)toked!

saitama

day 23

pics of the green side:

v4IjmwL.jpg

4PxC1MU.jpg

e12BiJf.jpg

pics of the yellow side :(

95KhDZH.jpg

Jct6uyy.jpg

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looking good man and don't feel bad you have hit the ground running. Changing lights is a huge thing! I completely lost 2 crops due to light change a few years back and I was very experienced....Your plants are looking great as the guy stated above.

GastroGrower

Looking great. Any damage you have on those leaves is pretty minimal and you're still going to pull what looks like some excellent bud.

starke

Sweet looking buds. Wanted to say thanks for being the guinea pig on the URSAs. Got mine about two weeks ago and finally modified some electric for my tent. Will be throwing a couple of overgrown sativa dom moms (Super Lemon Haze and Hawaiian Snow) under it to flower for an initial test. Thanks to you I'll be sure to watch the height and center hot spot. Hoping to do a proper 4 plant SCROG grow starting in June which I plan to document here as my first "real" grow. Until then I'll be following your grow with great interest.

saitama

Sweet looking buds. Wanted to say thanks for being the guinea pig on the URSAs. Got mine about two weeks ago and finally modified some electric for my tent. Will be throwing a couple of overgrown sativa dom moms (Super Lemon Haze and Hawaiian Snow) under it to flower for an initial test. Thanks to you I'll be sure to watch the height and center hot spot. Hoping to do a proper 4 plant SCROG grow starting in June which I plan to document here as my first "real" grow. Until then I'll be following your grow with great interest.

Thank you. I'm glad this thread is useful to others as well as myself!

Looking good -
Going to pull up a seat..

Thank you!

saitama

Amazing customer service from the URSA guys. I thought that since the division of the yellowing was straight down the middle, that there might have been a disparity between the left and right side of the optilux. I invited Ken to come by and run measurements on the light to help me figure out what the problem could be. They came by with their light meter and it was bang on even on both sides. 1400umol in the middle and 700umol at the edges! These guys really care about their customers. Admittedly, they may be hard to get a hold of at times, but they are swamped from the sound of things.

Last edited:

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Damn your girls look good I can't wait till my current grow is done and I can start these. Cool they came out to check whether or not there was anything wrong with the light spread. It will take you a run or two but I am sure you will have these things dialed in soon enough.