What's new

LaPlata Labs - Lemon Alien & Colorado Clementines (growing / breeding diary)

Viral505

More of the Manual Light Dep (Flubber-LaPlata Labs on the left, Flowerbomb Kush-StrainHunters GreenHouseSeeds on the right all organic btw)

Trich-check shots of the first girls sent to the LightDep schedule. I'm not harvesting right now, I will when the trichs turn a little more amber for maturity if I can wait, I'm sure I can.

Organic Colorado Clementines (the one that got its roots cooked by high temperatures)

Hydro Colorado Clementines

Viral505

I'll update this post with some pictures soon.

Colorado Clementines (Organic)

Lemon Alien (Organic)

Flowering began to occur about 2 weeks ago.

One of dudeman's small early pre-flower plants has been hit hard with spidermites, don't really know what to do, I think that plant is fucked. I'm very tempted to spray his other plants with neem oil, and spray that one totally down with camphor, eucalyptus, lavender oil, but I don't think he wants to use sprays. I'm not really sure what to tell him or do, the spidermite plant is quite literally directly beside my crop as well... so I guess we get to find out for real if this neem oil, neem meal top dress, neem meal in the soil, and neem tea did anything to prevent these bastards from ruining my year. I'm stocking up on Spike Lavender oil too, I'm not afraid to spray my plants with this in flower because some strains have some of these eucalyptus, camphor, and linalool terpenes. I have also really tried to remember to spray my four plants up and down with neem oil every week, I have skipped a week here, but sprayed the next week, did this a few times because I' was burned out with such a long grow being my first time growing outdoors (it's a super lame excuse to skip out on neem spraying apparently you need to do it every week for it to work so I'm really crossing my fingers and praying). I won't be spraying my plants with neem too much more, maybe once more next week but I don't wanna drench the buds in neem if I can help it, the taste and smell of neem and neem oil concentrate (which is what I'm using @ 2 TBSP / gallon) is very very bitter and pungent.

Other than that, the plants are looking good. Everything is starting to go into bloom, except for my bigger bushy Lemon Alien it is taking its time to show flower tops.

I read Coots saying "first 4-5 weeks of flower to continue the weekly Alfalfa/Kelp/EWC/Humate teas" or something along those lines. So I'm just now starting to feed them the enzymes, coconut and aloe, and MykosWP, since I'm rolling with the Build-A-Soil growing system. Doing milled malted barley one week, germinated corn sprouts the next, and repeat. I'm not doing alfalfa sprouts they are WAY too expensive, that is why I decided to go the Alfalfa/Kelp tea and topdress as needed route.

I know BAS and a few others frown upon this because guano is "not sustainable", but I picked up some Jamaican Bat Guano, and KelPlex, to supplement my big girls with available 0-10-17 teas even with the 1-2" top dressing with fish bone meal, kelp, neem cake, crustacean.. Don't know how much the girls are gonna use up in the soil, so I might as well be prepared and do something rather than let them yellow out like the other containerized plants..

Last edited:

2011rex87

Hello there. I was reading through your post and noticed you decided to go organic due to issues with heavy metals and contaminants in commercial salt based fertilizers. I wanted to inform you that cannabis, in general, concentrates heavy metals from the soil up into the tissue. This is why HEMP is known as a soil re-mediator.
https://sensiseeds.com/en/blog/hemp-decontamination-radioactive-soil/
https://ojaienergetics.com/2016/08/04/hemp-cleans-soil-air-beware/

You should know that organic fertilizer and organic soil is not free from heavy metals. Organic does not mean no heavy metals or even less heavy metals in some circumstances. I want everyone to stay safe out there and keep this in mind. Same thing applies to CBD concentrates from hemp and any other concentrate from cannabis for that matter. You want to analyze the heavy metal content before ingestion or at least get a pass/fail from a lab that will show you the threshold for pass.

Heavy metal contaminants in inorganic and organic fertilizers
https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/BF00747683
Toxic Heavy Metals in Farm Soil
http://smallfarms.oregonstate.edu/sfn/su10toxicmetals