What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

THC Bomb bag seed

Just took some new pics - today was day 53.
I took them right after the lights turned off with a different light source and cleaned my camera so they came out pretty good and for the first time I was able to capture the color :woohoo:

IMG_6743.jpg
IMG_6745.jpg
IMG_6747.jpg
IMG_6748.jpg
IMG_6749.jpg

So if you click the picture it will pop up in here - if you click the bigger picture that popped up then it will open up a new page with a better quality image.
If you do that you will get a better photo that is more clear

- her color really has me in amazement!
Last night right after her lights turned out I went in there and recorded a video with a source of white led light.
I then took screen shots of the video (a great way to get photos on iphone is to take a pic from further away zoom in and screen shot)

This was the first time I was able to see the color on her to such a clear degree
- with the lights and the protective glasses I wear I can see color but not that clear
- it really blew my mind when I saw the photos - it was like seeing her for the first time and wow she is truly beautiful!
Reminds me of wedding cake (a cookies cross) - but has some amazing color patterns.
She also smells super dank - like candy and gas.
think of a bubble gum X with a gelato.
I think I found a gem.

Last edited:
Pictures yay!

Pictures yay!

I cut off some lowers yesterday to help the big buds swell as I just entered into flush - starting flush at week 9! she is def a later bloomer. She smells wonderful! like bubblegum/candy and a gas from like an og or a cookies.
very colorful as well.
check out these pictures - not bad size for the small lowers - also they are dense as fuck - very dense bud structure - she has very small internodal spacing and is naturally just a dense plant - I couldn't imagine what some hydro growers could do with her.

IMG_7248.jpg

IMG_7245.jpg

IMG_7242.jpg

IMG_7240.jpg

IMG_7233.jpg

click on the pictures to open in a new page for better quality - when I open the file on my desktop it is super clear but after I upload it it comes out fuzzy like that I have no clue why it is getting frustrating...

recent pics

recent pics

took some pics yesterday of the grow - the big nugs are swelling up nice nearly doubled in size. I notice they are growing wide more then they are tall - really fun to watch!

IMG_7313.jpg

IMG_7276.jpg

IMG_7281.jpg

IMG_7284.jpg

IMG_7292.jpg

getting close - well into flush about half way done with flush. Growing in rich organic soil so it takes longer in general, usually bring the flush out to around 20 days to even start getting a fade.

IMG_7440.jpg

IMG_7447.jpg

IMG_7448.jpg

IMG_7446.jpg

IMG_7449.jpg

sorry for the low quality it is really hard to take pictures because of the lights I have - so I have been taking them right after the lights shut off, tonight I was watering and the lights shut off so I took a video (because photos come up too bright) and have been taking screen shots of the video - it looks better on my phone but after emailing it to myself and posting it the quality suffers.
if anyone has a better idea for pictures please share. After I harvest I can get way better pictures. I am thinking about getting a seperate light source to take photos and I am going to mess around on my pc instead of my phen to see if I can get some better screen shots.

Last edited:
I really think she is a worthy of being kept around - I am thinking about changing sex of a clone and crossing it back into itself - any ideas on that??? I want to keep her around - but not sure how long a mom can live and wondering if getting her into seed form is possible.

mushroombrew

Veteran
I really think she is a worthy of being kept around - I am thinking about changing sex of a clone and crossing it back into itself - any ideas on that??? I want to keep her around - but not sure how long a mom can live and wondering if getting her into seed form is possible.
I run DHN Grape Ape and SFVOG. I'm in hydro and defoliate aggressively at wk 3. The Grape Ape and Purple Cadillac, which grow almost identical (sisters?), both throw a few bananas the few days after. So even a little stress will get you some female pollen.
Mothers can last years but I like to switch them out every 6 months.
But yes self a plant or stress her and make some selfie seeds. Once they dry out put them in the fridge. I have had seeds pop vigorously after 5-10 yrs in cold storage.

I run DHN Grape Ape and SFVOG. I'm in hydro and defoliate aggressively at wk 3. The Grape Ape and Purple Cadillac, which grow almost identical (sisters?), both throw a few bananas the few days after. So even a little stress will get you some female pollen.
But yes self a plant or stress her and make some selfie seeds. Once they dry out put them in the fridge. I have had seeds pop vigorously after 5-10 yrs in cold storage.
I have heard of seeds lasting for years :biggrin:
I hope I can get her to last - the mother has been around for about 6-7 months but still looks great!
really thinking about making some s1's - I want to get into making seeds

I ran grape ape and sfvog from dhn as well they came out pretty good - I didn't have any issues with bananas from the ga, but I have been hearing of bad things from dhn when it comes to duds and hermies.

FullSizeR.jpg
sfvog^^

IMG_5278.jpg
grapeApeLid.jpg

grape ape ^

mushroombrew

Veteran
I wouldn't say DHN is Hermie prone. Some strains are regardless of the supplier. Some of my best girls are DHN. Their clones sell out every week in less than 30mins for a reason...
But I run Hydro. Their Blue Dream was definitely selected (the pheno) in hydro. Just performs so much better than soil. Conversely the SFVOG is better in soil.
Nice nuggets you got there!

I wouldn't say DHN is Hermie prone. Some strains are regardless of the supplier. Some of my best girls are DHN. Their clones sell out every week in less than 30mins for a reason...
But I run Hydro. Their Blue Dream was definitely selected (the pheno) in hydro. Just performs so much better than soil. Conversely the SFVOG is better in soil.
Nice nuggets you got there!

thanks man! I used to run DHN only but have been getting into popping my own seeds. Also I like purple city genetics their cookie cut is unbelievable. DHN advertises like crazy - where I live in Cali people drove 8 hours from Nevada to get cuts. I hate that they sell out so fast - as a prop 215 patient, I can't stand in line for hours in the morning like others can - the big reason why I don't use their clones any more...

I live ten minutes from the dispensary but they are selling out to people who live hours away - the dispensary complains because they advertise so much but don't bring enough clones for every one. The dispensary is at fault as well- they count the people in line they shouldn't let the first ten people buy out everything... There is a county limit - but they sell WAY over that limit...
I used to be able to go into the dispensary and grab any clone when ever I wanted - but since prop 64 it is impossible to grab anything! My friend was generous and gifted some nice genetics - since then I have been starting mothers and taking my own clones.

I really loved their sfv og - it smelt like lemons and pinesol - super dank! Also was a fat yielder. Their grape ape is out of this world - it's from apothecary genetics and they don't have seeds of it anymore - I would love to grow the ga again she was a one hitter for me.

I know some people who grow their BD outdoors in organic soil and they say it yields twice as much as anything else they have! It sells out almost immediately.
My big gripe with them is they don't care about the small time patient such as myself - they sell hundreds of clones at a time to people and it leaves people like me who only need a few cuts hung out to dry. I think they should fill the aggregate demand with more supply.

you gonna start a journal for the sfv and ga?? the sfv really loves cal/mag - big time!