What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pine Tar Kush: Grow-along and hopefully make some seeds!

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks all, i have a few pics.
i'm seeing a fair bit of variation here, much more so than Deep Chunk - which is probably the nearest thing ive grown to the PTK. Obviously these are small populations but from what i see, it seems that the PTK is much less 'worked' than the DC - which i think is one thing i have read about it.
here are the A's (except i think the plant with the long petioles is actually a D, its in there by mistake! the third A plant is the smaller late germed one, not pictured
picture.php

little bit of sidebranching:
picture.php

picture.php

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
and the D's (yes its the same plant as in the A's - with the long petioles) the D's are from a separate population )
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks guys, Stay Gel, i think they are mostly ok atm, a couple of them may be showing slight signs of rootbinding but i'm happy to leave in these pots for a bit longer.

VG

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
Plodding along nicely.. How is the vigor on these? They look like they will have a nice thick structure..

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey sifted, yeah they are quite short and squat but some are a bit taller. the vigor is pretty good, great efficient root growth, i'm not trying to get them to grow too quickly atm as i want them to age a bit. repotted this week and may top them next week (not 100% sure on this but i think they have the vigor to take it, and i will struggle to take cuts from the sidebranches as they are atm.)

VG

Lean Green

Operating Outside the Law
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yep, you'll need to top them if you want cuts. They hold there branches tight otherwise.

But man, those long petioles on that one plant don't look right. Keep an eye on that one. I have found one Deep Chunk type plant in the D's. It was obvious though and you'll know if a plant isn't PTK with a little experience.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey Lean, thanks for stopping by, duly noted on the long petioles - i'm hoping you'll weigh in with your PTK experience from time to time!

yes so i'll let the plants grow into the new soil for a week and then top them - i try not to repot and top at the same time because a topped plant tends to slow root growth and divert energy to the sidebranches. I would like to get cuts off as many as i can, luckily i take very small cuts anyway so hopefully i'll be able to handle them :D

big respect to Lean Green for his generosity! - unselfishly letting me attempt to make a batch of seeds from his PTK stock! :tiphat:

VG

Lean Green

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ahh, synchronicity at it's finest! I happened to be perusing your wares the same day we made contact, this was meant to be it would seem. Makes me happy to see someone else taking this line on.

Every thread needs more pics... A super potent tiny yielding gal from the D line

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Lean Green

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Rolando- that pic is of a clone that was at least 12 months old. Neglected all summer and most of the fall, thrown in the room to fill a void. I just chopped it last week after letting her run about ten weeks.