What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Testers: R&D... Secret OG x Sour D (fem)...

Guyute54

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I was told awhile back at least 10 days veg in the new containers before the flip by a few growers. Love how you got those girls all tied up.

nickman

Veteran
Update: just transplanted the four others into 20 gallon totes...!!!...

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

nickman

Veteran
I've never used containers this size before...!!!...
I figured since I'm only gonna have these 5 girls in there, what the heck... I've lost count on the amount of time that they have been vegging... I'm guessing around 50-60 days now...!!!...

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

I think they could grow a bit faster if I had newer T5 lights... these are pretty old but they still do the job... I'm gonna grab some as soon as I can...!!!...

nickman

Veteran
How much headroom do you have? And those big tubs those girls should get huge.

Not a lot... they're gonna get moved to my flower room when their ready for 12/12 in 3 weeks or so... the cieling might be about 7 foot from the floor... but with my light(hood) u gotta take off about a foot at least so ,not that much height...!!!...
that's why I'm gonna try to keep them tied down as much as I can...

chomsky

Not a lot... they're gonna get moved to my flower room when their ready for 12/12 in 3 weeks or so... the curling might be about 7 foot from the floor... but with my light(hood) u gotta take off about a foot at least so ,not that much height...!!!...
that's why I'm gonna try to keep them tied down as much as I can...

Shew, better start LST'ing those bitches...

nickman

Veteran
Shew, better start LST'ing those bitches...

For sure- I had them tied down with pipe cleaners before I transplanted them...I'm just waiting for some time to do it... plus, I'm not really sure as to what I should do to tie them down like they were before...
I guess I'm just gonna have to drill some holes into the totes or somthing

nickman

Veteran
I can't believe how in just a day or so - all the branches that were tied down are now allready pointing to the ceiling...!!!... they were really bendy when they were young... now not so much. Branches are much more thick and sturdy...

Hopefully no branchs will be broken in the process...!!!...

nickman

Veteran
Just a thought: it would be real nice if I could put up a net on each tote... I've never done that before and I'm sure it takes a lot of time weaving branches in and out the net ...
I'm sure after the stretch is done - there's not as much tucking and weaving...

It's just a thought, but now thinking about it - it would be kinda hard for me to get to the two totes in the back of the room... I can ussually just reach my hand back far enough to pour some water in them...
so maybe just do the two totes in the front and not the two in the back and not the one in the ten gallon fabric pot...
but then I'd have a really uneven canopy...

I'm sorry , I'm just thinking out loud here...!!!...

chomsky

I can't believe how in just a day or so - all the branches that were tied down are now allready pointing to the ceiling...!!!... they were really bendy when they were young... now not so much. Branches are much more thick and sturdy...

Hopefully no branchs will be broken in the process...!!!...

The same thing happened to me when I took them out of the net. Like overnight they just shot straight up. I guess in those tubs that's what I would do too just drill holes around the edges and use some of that green garden tying wire. Or you could put four posts in each corner of those tubs and drop a net on top kind a like I have on mine. Seriously I'd get on it as quick as you can. I have about the same height limitations as you do. It gets to be a real mess when they start reaching the light.

nickman

Veteran
The same thing happened to me when I took them out of the net. Like overnight they just shot straight up. I guess in those tubs that's what I would do too just drill holes around the edges and use some of that green garden tying wire. Or you could put four posts in each corner of those tubs and drop a net on top kind a like I have on mine. Seriously I'd get on it as quick as you can. I have about the same height limitations as you do. It gets to be a real mess when they start reaching the light.

Right on bro, I wAs thinking the exact same thing...

I'm gonna get on it ASAP.
:tiphat:...

Tynehead Tom

looking stellar man!!
nice healthy plants loving life for sure!!
days away from popping my tester beans , the wait is killing me LOL