What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ghost ha#22 x Sour Diesel test by Chomsky

chomsky

After all my rhetoric to a new grower whose thread I'm following about stepping up pot sizes slowly, I went and jumped from a seed starting pot to a 3 gallon pot instead of a 1 gallon which I normally would do. I hope Karma doesn't haunt me... LOL

I'm a little worried anyway about one of the girls that doesn't look quite a strong as the others I'm kind of blasting them with this transplant.

I started with my aerated compost tea today and I'm hoping it's not "too much" for the little ones... Plus, I increased my nutes from seedling strength to week one veg strength... I'll take a few pics tonight or in the morning, the next few days i'll be biting my nails a bit...

Guyute54

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have jumped from small cups to 30 gallon pots many times with no problems. The less I have to transplant the better. What was the reasoning for stepping up the container size slowly? I can see with normal M/F beans if you don't want to waste soil but feminized seeds might as well get them in their home asap. just my opinion.

Grow is looking great so far!

chomsky

I have jumped from small cups to 30 gallon pots many times with no problems. The less I have to transplant the better. What was the reasoning for stepping up the container size slowly? I can see with normal M/F beans if you don't want to waste soil but feminized seeds might as well get them in their home asap. just my opinion.

Small plants going into great big pots if you're not careful you can very easily overwater them. At least that is been my experience and many others I have seen on this forum. That being said I too have actually gone from ceiling into 5 gallon pots before paying close attention to my watering. I don't really expect any problems as long as they except the compost tea and the booster nutrients they are getting over the next couple of days. I think they will be OK.

chomsky

pics

pics

Pics are not so great I was in a hurry but the girls are doing really well. The girl in the front left of the group shot and the last individual pic seems to be struggling a bit. Im assuming she will bounce back very soon...

chomsky

They are all standing at attention now even the smaller one. They've taken the new transplant and the nutrients very well now it's just a race to the ceiling

nickman

Veteran

I agree with you 100%...
Fems should be put into final pots asap...
Regs take ur time as to not waste too much soil...

Looks good chomski...careful with them feedings -when they young seedlings ...!!!...

I actually killed two seedlings last round because I gave them too strong of a dose of General Organics bio grow - which is organic pretty much ...

chomsky

coming along very nice

coming along very nice

in day 5 of veg. looks like that soil is living and passing on some life!!! Topped all 4 last night...

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Signing up for this one. They smell already? I would think they must with the genetics involved.