What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Scotts OG & Agent Orange

PaulieWaulie

Veteran
Hi Everyone,

This will be my first Diary. I want use it to document and keep track of progress. Giving myself and everyone else reading something to learn from hopefully. I am still in my first year of growing experience. This will be my 5th run to date. First time I am going with high quality breeder genetics so pretty excited. Hopefully I won't screw them up too bad.

ALL COMMENTS, INPUT, AND QUESTIONS NOT WELCOME.

JUST KITTENS, there all welcome. please.

Ordered seeds from Alichima, 12 Scotts OG (RareDankness), 10 Agent Orange (TGA Subcool). Heard these 2 breeders were doing some of the best work, so I figure its a good place to start, as well I have never grown anything KUSH/OG before so want to see what all the hype is about from California.

Arrived just under 3 weeks (Spain > Canada).

Popped them all 1 week ago on Monday. Paper Towel Method, once they cracked I put them into 18 OZ Cups with promix. 3/4" Deep. My tap water is 250 PPPM. With Pure Blend Pro and Liquid Karma it totals 500ppm. (500 Scale) This is what I will give them every watering for now, with a good 25% run off.

9/11 Scotts OG Germinated
10/10 Agent Orange Germinated

8/9 Scotts OG Sprouted
9/10 Agent Orange Sprouted

So I ended up with 8 Scotts OG and 9 Agent Orange. Good enough to do some pheno hunting! The claim for the 2 ungerminated Scotts OG, and the 1 Missing Scotts OG was accepted and I will have them include on my next order for free. Just want to say very good customer service and communication with Alchima on this issue. Will be using again!

Attachments

• IMG_2224.jpg
    IMG_2224.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2227.jpg
    IMG_2227.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2238.jpg
    IMG_2238.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2237.jpg
    IMG_2237.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2229.jpg
    IMG_2229.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

PaulieWaulie

Veteran
WEEK 2 / DAY 8 Update

WEEK 2 / DAY 8 Update

Continued feeding them the 500PPM solution of half and half PBP Grow/Liquid Karma at PH 6.0

Run off was at 700PPM/PH 6.1 - perfect!

Fluorescents are a few inches above plants running a 24/0 Cycle. Would ultimately prefer 18/6, but I have them sharing a room with some clones that I need to start VEG as quick as possible so 24/0 it is.

Fan is blowing gentle breeze on them. Temps have been 20-25C

Pics look a little droopy as they just had a good watering the night before. They have been nice and perky so far.

1 Agent Orange (from here on forth referred to "AO") seems to look like a runt. Will see what he decides to do.

Till next week Boys!

Attachments

• IMG_2271.jpg
    IMG_2271.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2270.jpg
    IMG_2270.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2268.jpg
    IMG_2268.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2267.jpg
    IMG_2267.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2266.jpg
    IMG_2266.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

saitama

Subd! I just started looking into tga and I'm excited to see this run. I have two GTH1 seedlings so I'm also very interested in how your rare dankness run goes. Good luck!

Any details on your veg and flower setups?

PaulieWaulie

Veteran
Saitama,

I think we will both be happy with our rare dankness. From what Ive read anything by him will not disappoint. With TGA it seems potency can be hit or miss, but Ive read positive reports on the potency and the agent orange strain is one of his heavy yielders, and it is supposed to have very good flavour, Im hoping to find a keeper that hits all 3.

I like to VEG for the first 3-4 weeks under a 4 Foot Fluro Shop light, with 4 tubes = 132 WATTS.

After that I have a 1K MH that I dim down to meet my footprint needs each week and stepping it up with every transplant ie. 500W>750W>1000W.

In the flowering Room I run 2,400W HPS, I split the room into 2 different runs 4-5 weeks apart so every 4-5 weeks I harvest, and throw the next 16 plants in. This also works out to 4-5 weeks of VEG for my clones. I will VEG these regular seeds for 9 weeks though until sexed.

saitama

Saitama,

I think we will both be happy with our rare dankness. From what Ive read anything by him will not disappoint. With TGA it seems potency can be hit or miss, but Ive read positive reports on the potency and the agent orange strain is one of his heavy yielders, and it is supposed to have very good flavour, Im hoping to find a keeper that hits all 3.

I like to VEG for the first 3-4 weeks under a 4 Foot Fluro Shop light, with 4 tubes = 132 WATTS.

After that I have a 1K MH that I dim down to meet my footprint needs each week and stepping it up with every transplant ie. 500W>750W>1000W.

In the flowering Room I run 2,400W HPS, I split the room into 2 different runs 4-5 weeks apart so every 4-5 weeks I harvest, and throw the next 16 plants in. This also works out to 4-5 weeks of VEG for my clones. I will VEG these regular seeds for 9 weeks though until sexed.

Sounds awesome! Excited for pics

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
good luck man, im tagging along too. particularly interested in the AO and how they pans out for you.. :)

ExoticsRus

Hope you find a awesome pheno that shows a true terp flavor cause 5+ years ago that was one of the strains I def would trade even if wasn't as prime just because of that ( just like the selected jillybean and ace and spaces ) yum

Subscribed and keep those pics coming ;)

PaulieWaulie

Veteran
VEG WEEK 3 / DAY 15 Update

VEG WEEK 3 / DAY 15 Update

Wow, nice to see lots of you stoked to see how they turn out. Not gonna lie, feeling the pressure to not disappoint you guys and make it a decent grow!

Nico, thats a nice shot! Glad to see the AO's getting some love too.

Going to transplant to 1G this week. Still feeding with every watering and 25% run off.

Tap = 220 PPM, + 5ml/G PBP Grow = 420PPM, +5ml/G Liquid Karma = 520PPM / PH'd to 6

Run off = 800ppm

Temps = 25C average this week

SCOTTS OG

Not sure if its an OG/Kush thing to be droopy, Im definitely not over watering waiting 4 days until bone dry between waterings. The AO's are nice and perky. Maybe the OG doesn't like as many nutes, but the soil has been flushed and isn't pre ferted and I don't think my levels are that high, if anything Im playing it safe and under feeding.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_2315.jpg
    IMG_2315.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_2314.jpg
    IMG_2314.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2312.jpg
    IMG_2312.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2310.jpg
    IMG_2310.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

PaulieWaulie

Veteran
Agent Orange

I have one runt I've if ever seen one. Its pretty funny, Il let it play out and see what he does, would be ok with culling him though and having 8 of each. Little OCD that way, like to have even numbers and rows, but until they are sexed nothing is for sure yet either so. What you guys think we should do about ?

PS, I found out how to add full size pictures, but now only issue left is why it rotates it when I upload and then I don't know how to rotate it back. There are straight on my computer so....

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_2316.jpg
    IMG_2316.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_2323.jpg
    IMG_2323.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_2320.jpg
    IMG_2320.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2322.jpg
    IMG_2322.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2328.jpg
    IMG_2328.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 10

PaulieWaulie

Veteran
VEG WEEK 4 / DAY 21 Update

VEG WEEK 4 / DAY 21 Update

What up Lurkers!

Halfway through last week I transplanted to 1G, upped nutes to 600ppm and put under the Metal Halide @750 Watts on 18/6, 30" from canopy top. As of today I turned it up to the full 1000 Watts still running 18/6. They are sharing the space with my revegging clones so total of 5 by 5 foot area. They immediately responded as you can see in the pictures 4 days later! Topped them all yesterday as at this rate with 5 more weeks of VEG they will be massive.

No one expressed any desires to keep the runt alive, so I just put him in the corner of the room to die a slow and painful drought death. Now I have 8 of each, which worked out nice. I like to have complete squares of pots filling up my perfect square canopy

No update Next Monday, will have a good one the week after though to catch up. Not that anyone is sitting on the edge of there seat, with there life depending on any updates here.

A Word on HEAT/TEMPS
We finally have the july/august summer heat hitting us so its been 25-30C in the room. I know 30C is not ideal, but I will not be sealing my rooms and getting AC. Its only for a few summer months, and Im running my flowering room at night so with 2400 Watts it isn't going over 30C either and only sits at 30C for a short period where it hasn't completely cooled down outside yet in the evening when lights come on. I have a 10" Vortex that really pulls the heat out quickly and gives me really good airflow. Having similar day/night temps reduces stretching and inter nodal spacing I hear, So I look forward to that. Based on my current run, I would agree with that. Some of the shortest stockiest plants Ive had so far, some of them very Sativa.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

AGENT ORANGE
Nice secondary growth for 21 days, and short internodal spacing.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_5146.JPG.jpg
    IMG_5146.JPG.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_5144.JPG.jpg
    IMG_5144.JPG.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_5143.JPG.jpg
    IMG_5143.JPG.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_5142.JPG.jpg
    IMG_5142.JPG.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_5141.JPG.jpg
    IMG_5141.JPG.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

PaulieWaulie

Veteran
VEG WEEK 7 / DAY 43 Update

VEG WEEK 7 / DAY 43 Update

We are back! Was out of town for a few weeks, had a friend giving them the bare minimum treatment to keep em going.

Have 1 Agent Orange Showing pistils so far...

Transplanted 4 days ago to 3G pots, and topped all the highest branches. They were getting 18/6 of 500W MH Light. Turned up to 750W Today. 2 weeks of veg before flip to bloom.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_5234.JPG.jpg
    IMG_5234.JPG.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_5238.JPG.jpg
    IMG_5238.JPG.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 10

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Looking nice and green in there :good:

I hope you find a decent AO, I ran a cut of it a few times and was not impressed with it. It was quite sensitive to nutrients, had little to no orange smell. It gave a decent yield and the buds were pretty with lots of orange pistils.

TGA has some pretty flavorful varieties though. I'm starting to flower some Jilly Bean plants which have the same Orange Velvet parent. Im hoping to get a good orange phenotype from them.

:lurk:

tleaf jr.

Came up off 75w
Veteran
For some reasons this thread reminds mi of the good ol roll it up threads nice clean seed runs good job bud : tiphat:

Badfishy1

Looking nice and green in there :good:

I hope you find a decent AO, I ran a cut of it a few times and was not impressed with it. It was quite sensitive to nutrients, had little to no orange smell. It gave a decent yield and the buds were pretty with lots of orange pistils.

TGA has some pretty flavorful varieties though. I'm starting to flower some Jilly Bean plants which have the same Orange Velvet parent. Im hoping to get a good orange phenotype from them.

:lurk:

Ahhhh jilly is such a crazy bish! I've had some FIRE jilly but then again have had some that was meh... TGA claims 20+% yet have had it as low as 14%. Now I know potency depends on grower and conditions, but seems such a large range in strength. The one thing she has going for her is how sexy her flowers are! Should NEVER be a problem with bag appeal... guess it depends on customers.... some are satisfied by bag appeal others desire the strength. Been tempted to fuck with TGA and subfool genetics for a while... won't lie price tag can get a bit high. Thus being said there IS something to be said for awesome genetics. Just struggle stroking subfools ego anymore. Sure heavy is the head that wears the crown, however to me humility/ being humble goes a long way.

PaulieWaulie

Veteran
attachment.php

Found this somewhere on a top 50 list of strains lol

I guess a lower THC level can still be enjoyable daytime smoke with good flavour, so Im not too worried about reports about low the tests.
14% is not that bad for a low range, Chocolope tested at 20% and it won a tonne of sativa cups. So if the phenos range between 14-20% I think I would be happy.

Will post updated pics tonight!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-07-30 at 4.19.27 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-07-30 at 4.19.27 PM.png
    56.1 KB · Views: 15