What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

can thc be absorbed through your skin?

G

Graham Purwatt

you might be in the 90 day range, what I suggest you do is find a reputable source of information about thc taking longer than 30 days to metabolize, p.o.'s arent stupid they know if a 8% body fat 25y.o. male wals in and flunks he smoked recently, now the older you get the slower your metabolism gets thus the thc breakdown is also slower because its stored in your lipids. I highly suggest you bringing in a print of a highly reputable study on thc degradation the the human body and the variables
that is a very good idea, i really appreciate it bro.

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Resins all over your wrist & arms (not just hands which have thicker skin) + soap with glycerin in it + hot shower = I was very fucking stoned :tiphat:

I was there so it happened, and I am sure being in a room with a crop of fresh frosty gooey shishkaberry plants after trimming for many hours contributed as well. This was quite a few years ago now & I am far less messy these days and don't have a big scrogged out net of buds to dismantle. There is just noway to avoid the smearing with that sticky situation! :bigeye:

:joint:

Aeroguerilla

I’m God’s solider, devil’s apostle
Veteran
i got a buddy that cant smoke because he just gets way to paranoid to the point where he thinks hes going to have a heart attack. he was over helping trim and didnt have any gloves on lol i let him work for about and hour before i said something just enough time for some to be absorbed needless to say he was a little bent up

SOTF420

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Also would like to add if you are in a hot room and sweating this opens up the pores and some psychoactive oils can certainly be absorbed through your skin, Not perfect full absorbtion but if you get enough on you there is no doubt you can get a buzz from handling fresh sticky resinous colas. The skin on your hands however is much thicker than say that of your wrists or forearm which would be far more likely to absorb some THC & other cannabinoids. :canabis:

Idk, maybe you guys are right, SOTF you had to have been caked up man, lol. the way you put it with the soap+heat+sweat I could see how it could happen. I have actually gotten alcohol and butane extracts in open cuts on my hands before and no high for me but thats just me. Last night I accidentally sprayed liquid butane in an open cut, DAMN that shit hurt. I know i didnt get high from it because I was so mad that I actually had to smoke because I was so pissed that it happened

that was crazy to see butane boiling in this huge ass paper cut.... it cryo fucked it, lol

SOTF420

ICMag Donor
Veteran
lol, yeah man I was slimed up pretty good that old shishka cut I used to run back in the day was stupid frosty. Hope you get those cuts healed man! Stay well, stay high :joint:

For what it's worth I don't fuck with butane just too evil for me man, bad vibes. :tiphat:

I feel ya and I respect your stance on the tane, but for me it has relieved a steady cough, throat clearing type thing, plus I just feel tons better since I dont "smoke" anymore. I know a vaporiser would do the same thing but it taste jacked up, burnt celery is not for me. And we usually have(to smoke) a Texas cut called "Lemon OG" its from the DFW, taste rediculous if you smoke it make oil from it, and oh man the bubble is wicked... but if you vape it... it taste like broccoil & celery fucked then got steamed.... thats why I dont just use a regular vaporiser.

Im only 25, formerly with a presistant cough. I had to do something differently. Plus Im finding many pros with bho, like i can does myself up if I know Im not going to be able to vape any more oil for say 10-12hrs, I just hit a 1/6-1/4g of oil before I leave the house and im good all day long, no craving at the day job, nada. Its kick ass because used to I would be wanting to go smoke on my lunch break and now im just chilled out. its more like taking actual medicine than using weed as a medicine because of the thc content, imo.

SOTF420

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Totally understand my bro, there are just much safer ways to make oil but glad it works for you. I absolutely love vapes and there is no doubt 95% of herb tastes amazing vaped if you don't have the temps too high or smoke the same bowl for too long or of course it will taste like burnt popcorn :bigeye:

Keep it grapfruity! :canabis:

E

e4ian

not sure if this is the right place for this question but i need to know.i have to take a urinalysis once a month and i'm wondering about handling buds and getting sticky in the growroom.should i be wearing gloves? or is it nothing to worry about? thank you for any help

i would say so. -thinking of nicotine patches as reference.

OhighO

I have been taking a urine drug screen every 3 month for 3 years. I trim with gloves but handle sticky buds and hash all the time. I just stop smoking a month before the test. I try not to leave resin on my skin for a long time. My girl says that i permanently smell like herb though hehe.

TyChe

not sure if this is the right place for this question but i need to know.i have to take a urinalysis once a month and i'm wondering about handling buds and getting sticky in the growroom.should i be wearing gloves? or is it nothing to worry about? thank you for any help
YES!!! I have the stuff down stairs to do it I will send you the name asap. Be careful this stuff will fuck you up. I use it when introducing new chemicals into plants. Restruct on DNA/RNA

its called Urine Luck, lol. thats what mine was called, 19.95 on amazon.com, but dude your wasting your money, i get the entire time I was on probation, got tested weekly, passed every time except when I broke down and smoked smoke charras... lol

SS-

Quick question as I truly haven't got a clue so take it easy on me lol. Some people naturally have really oily skin. I know I surely do on my face. You guys think this can contribute to helping the THC get absorbed with the combo of a hot shower? I have nothing to worry about. It just crossed my mind reading this thread.

Rednick..... What you are experiencing is the placebo effect at its finest, your wanting it to work so bad that you think it actually is... It is a proven fact that without a buffer you CANNOT GET HIGH from skin contact, yes your skin can actually absorb some thc, but does that mean it makes it to the thc receptors inside your central nervous system.... I think not... Let me correct my own statement, I KNOW not, it has been proiven by science

SOTF420

ICMag Donor
Veteran
You also can get a solid buzz from just inhaling the raw aromatic oils from the plant by way of rupturing trichomes & there are well documented psychological effects on the human mind/body from airborne plant oils and even more likely from Cannabis terpenes :canabis:

Anyone with any experience in Aromatherapy will be the first to confirm this :good:

Rednick

One day you will have to answer to the children of
Veteran
Rednick..... What you are experiencing is the placebo effect at its finest,
Hey Man, we are just going to have to agree to disagree.
I can't pull up any studies, just experience.
Let's just say that I always have gloves ready now.
:blowbubbles:

M

Marathanman

THC is non water soluble it needs fat to break down when cooking. Can't see how it can absorb through the skin.