What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

can thc be absorbed through your skin?

G

Graham Purwatt

not sure if this is the right place for this question but i need to know.i have to take a urinalysis once a month and i'm wondering about handling buds and getting sticky in the growroom.should i be wearing gloves? or is it nothing to worry about? thank you for any help

Bullfrog44

Veteran
Yes. THC can be absorbed through your skin. I have no idea if that would cause a failed drug test. I would just wear the gloves.

Here in Cali they sell topical creams with THC in it for muscle soreness.

D

decarboxylator

Yes. THC can be absorbed through your skin. I have no idea if that would cause a failed drug test. I would just wear the gloves.

Here in Cali they sell topical creams with THC in it for muscle soreness.

and they work well. especially on thin skin parts of your body, heh. :)

I find it easier to collect finger hash when I trim with gloves on, also I do not like washing my hands with weird chemicals(alcohol, etc...), or super hot water and dish soap to get rid of the stickiness.

Also safer is always better.

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's absorbed far easier by eating or smoking but yes it can be absorbed slowly through skin, haven't you ever got a buzz after smearing your arms in trichomes reaching in the canopy at harvest time? I made the mistake of going in a hot shower afterwards and that really got the THC pumping through my pores! :biggrin:

G

Graham Purwatt

i started using gloves,just hope i don't fail my drug test next week.haven't smoked since the 25 of febuary but i have been handling resinous plants all the way up to last week

SOTF420, your being sarcastic right? Its not possible to get high off of thc through your skin without an alcohol or other chemical buffer, those topical creams are already creams, just spiked and re-labeled for obvious reasons.so the absorbtion is there, they just add thc. Without alcohol or another type of buffer from what I know its not possible and I've rubbed up on hundreds of colas and never got a buzz from that. I think that sweet toof got you on one mayne, lol

Mar. Emery spent a lot of money wasted a couple oz's of bud and had Jody rub him down all over you feel me? But he cut bho with some other type of oil, probably just baby oil, he swore he never got high. And its Marc Emery, why would he lie and he's crazy enough to try something like that. Imagine how long it would take a crap load of bho to wear off your body, your entire body, lmfao. I'm sure he regretted that after he did it, it would have been awesome if it would get you steadily slightly high for a week or so...

funkfingers

Long haired country boy
Veteran
i started using gloves,just hope i don't fail my drug test next week.haven't smoked since the 25 of febuary but i have been handling resinous plants all the way up to last week

you'll be fine, I was taking court ordered drug tests and handling herb all day. I passed just fine.. Wear gloves when you trim if it makes you feel better..:tiphat: I'm pretty sure there has to be a fat or alcohol along with the thc in order for you to absorb it via your pores..

@Graham, if you want an insurance policy you can get this stuff at(probably) your local head shop. That's where I get it when I need it. Its called "One Drop" you take the pill 3hrs before your test drink lots of water, flush you urinary tract by pissing often, you will know when your piss is good to go because instead of being clear like it will be from the water drinking, it will go back to yellow, a very realistic yellow. I have passed over 10 felony probation drug tests, yeah I know its dumb as fuck to have smoked when the next step is prison but it happened. Anyway if you really want some man and you can't find it at your local shop ill give you the number to the place I get mine, I'm sure they will send it to you. The female that works there is very educated and knows her shit, go by what I said if you buy this because the box says something different but that is what she told me to do and it worked every time. Btw, I think you will fail if your a regular smoker, that's not enough time man, believe me, Its happened to me. I've been on probation most of my adult life, all for weed, nothing unsavory, lol

G

Graham Purwatt

i appreciate it ameriskunk,i passed 9 like that the last time i was on probation and failed the tenth which resulted in prison time so no smoking this time around.trying to be as safe as possible though i wish all day i could smoke

MMJcali

yea the only way to really get high off of a topical cream is to use a cream base that is designed to penetrate the skin. There is a type of cream used a lot in scientific research, a FOAF used to mix it with mescaline and hit the sky big time. Its been so long since he did that that he's forgotten what exactly its called....

guest2012y

Living with the soil
Veteran
Recently trimmed 7 lbs. and had to take a test a week later...... I passed the test.
My fingers were beyond caked and I was worried for a second.

G

Graham Purwatt

well,if it isn't enough time they'll just have to send it to the lab.i told the judge i had cannabis in my system when he sentenced me,then i told my po.haven't smoked since i was sentenced but i've been burning at least a half oz a week steady for years now.i hope it out of my system anyway

you might be in the 90 day range, what I suggest you do is find a reputable source of information about thc taking longer than 30 days to metabolize, p.o.'s arent stupid they know if a 8% body fat 25y.o. male wals in and flunks he smoked recently, now the older you get the slower your metabolism gets thus the thc breakdown is also slower because its stored in your lipids. I highly suggest you bringing in a print of a highly reputable study on thc degradation the the human body and the variables

Storm Shadow

Veteran
You need DMSO or the insane shit is Pholjel....I used to love making Topical Steroids...since I wont fuck with Needles...Transdermals make things easy...

Thank You Patrick Arnold!

Baba Ku

Veteran
DMSO will carry just about any substance into your skin and into the bloodstream.
It is also some of the nastiest tasting shit you can find...and you don't need to put it on your tongue...just one drop on your hand and you can taste it for a day or two.