What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Humidity issue

I am near to harvest my first grow my humidity has been 50% during the day(lights on) at night time. 65% night time (lights off) during the day.*

I have tried many ways to bring it down nothing has worked..*

Should i be worried

FJ2000

Curious about this question as well, everything I’ve read has 65 on the high side for flower, especially if it’s indica dominant. What size room? Light? Vent system?
I’m running a 2x4 with a 400CFM canpro passive intake and my night RH in veg can get as high as 80!! Looking for a 70 pint dehumidifier now cause that’s bud rot central. Can you put in of those small dehumidifiers in?

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
There's lots of people here who would kill to have humidity that ranged from 50% to 65%.......

If you're doing everything else right, you shouldn't be worried about the humidity levels you have...

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
I am near to harvest my first grow my humidity has been 50% during the day(lights on) at night time. 65% night time (lights off) during the day.*

I have tried many ways to bring it down nothing has worked..*

Should i be worried

...is anything wrong or rotting or giving you trouble? What are your temps on average? Good circulation?

outside is 40%-50% in the room as im in a tent... tried dehumidifier in and out the tent ...

in the tent my night time temps go to high outside doesnt have much effect

troutman

Seed Whore
outside is 40%-50% in the room as im in a tent... tried dehumidifier in and out the tent ...

No need for dehumidifier then. Just get more air exchange with the outside air going on. :tiphat:

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!

I had issues with de-humidification during lights out as well (temps). Instead of returning discharge back to the tent, I vent outside via carbon filter. Unit is outside of the tent.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Might be a bit late now, but you can significantly reduce your chances of molds/fungi, by using high-micron filtration on your incoming air. I use home-made plenums and furnace filters, but there are some very expensive HEPA filters which will work just as well.

This keeps all kinds of spores and things off your plants. ;)

Curious about this question as well, everything I’ve read has 65 on the high side for flower, especially if it’s indica dominant. What size room? Light? Vent system?
I’m running a 2x4 with a 400CFM canpro passive intake and my night RH in veg can get as high as 80!! Looking for a 70 pint dehumidifier now cause that’s bud rot central. Can you put in of those small dehumidifiers in?

Tent 4x4
Light HLG 550
Hyperfan 8inch 710CFM

not sure abouut the rest really

...is anything wrong or rotting or giving you trouble? What are your temps on average? Good circulation?

I cant tell much about anything wrong or especially rotting. I have spring tails in the soil. I feel as if growth has been slow maybe i dont notice it growing because i see it like every few hours. ive had a few odd leaves doing some weird stuff each plant has sort of had its own issue but not sure if it was me looking into it too much. issues were such as; Nitrogen def? cal or mag def? Yellowing at top of new buds going into bud, hairs turning amber at 3 weeks. foxtailing? coppery looking leaf? random white seed in bud that fell off? random peppery sized seed?

temps are about 25C-28C lights on during night with humidity 50-60%

lights off during the day 19C-22C with humidity 60-65

2 6 inch fans on max all the way thrhough flower

i would like to mention i am on day 6 of flush and got ec down to 0.6 can i harvest after a 7 day flush? also found a tiny grasshopper today =\ should i be worried

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Okay! Drying conditions are 24C with 50% humidity using a humidifier to bring it up to about 60% for a slow dry.
I wouldn't. That high of heat is going to destroy a lot of terpenes. That high of humidity... how's the mold spore load around there? Did you use high-micron filtered air?

Latest posts

Latest posts