What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Drilling Buchner Funnel fo Faster Filtering?

atosvitara

Hi all, I really need help.

- Leybold D10E vac
- ceramic buchner funnel
- #1 filter

- prefilteres material

I am filtering at -45°c and the 600ml Ceramic Funnel is just too slow.

1000ml of solution takes around 30min.

I am checking the funnel and the holes are too like. And even though I prefilter the soaked material in chesscloth filter, it still gets clogged.

I pulverize my material btw.

Wanted to drill bigger wholes into the funnel but wanted to check with you guys first.

No more budget for a while so wanted to find a solution that uses my current setup.

PDX Dopesmoker

If particulates are your problem, have you tried letting the sediment settle to the bottom of the container and then siphoning the fluid off the top? Another way to use pulverized material without getting too much sediment would be making hash first and then extracting the hash, you give up very little in the way of lost resin making hash from material that was beat up in the cold and then extracting the hash.
I mentioned both of those options because I don't know how to hotrod a Büchner funnel.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi all, I really need help.

- Leybold D10E vac
- ceramic buchner funnel
- #1 filter

- prefilteres material

I am filtering at -45°c and the 600ml Ceramic Funnel is just too slow.

1000ml of solution takes around 30min.

I am checking the funnel and the holes are too like. And even though I prefilter the soaked material in chesscloth filter, it still gets clogged.

I pulverize my material btw.

Wanted to drill bigger wholes into the funnel but wanted to check with you guys first.

No more budget for a while so wanted to find a solution that uses my current setup.

Try brushing the filter surface with a small paint brush while it is filtering, to clear the blinded pores.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
When you get a bit more of a budget, I strongly recommend a suction flask and a vacuum pump. ;) Stay away from the cheap hand pumps and go for a decent vacuum. You'll be so much happier than waiting for alcohol to drip through.

Quick and easy.

troutman

Seed Whore
When you get a bit more of a budget, I strongly recommend a suction flask and a vacuum pump. ;) Stay away from the cheap hand pumps and go for a decent vacuum. You'll be so much happier than waiting for alcohol to drip through.

Quick and easy.

Did you try the Ron Jeremy pump? :woohoo:

41JH9bzUnVL.jpg

blastfrompast

Veteran
u could always buy a water venturi for 20bucks online and use suction :)

Im assuming ur not using vac...right now as its not in ur specs....

atosvitara

u could always buy a water venturi for 20bucks online and use suction :)

Im assuming ur not using vac...right now as its not in ur specs....

Hey Yeah, its up there :p It is a Leybold D10E

I think it has to do with the alcohol getting too thick because of the low temperatures.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey Yeah, its up there :p It is a Leybold D10E

I think it has to do with the alcohol getting too thick because of the low temperatures.

It has more to do with the pores in the filter blinding filtering out the particulate.

Latest posts

Latest posts