What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

End of flower, no amber trichomes, started to foxtail

sunshine1980x

First grow so please go easy :)

The seed is called medi-bomb and is an Indicia dominant type. Details here ... https://www.bombseeds.nl/medi-bomb-1.html#.WoNsCejFKUk

Put into flower on 3rd Dec, so I'm now on day 72. However, I made a noob mistake and started to flush exactly at 8 weeks with a plan to flush for 2 weeks (I'm growing in coco btw). I was using a very weak mix of nutes to flush with EC value of approx 0.4/0.5 ... 2 weeks later, still no amber trichomes and at that point I got cold feet as the leaves on the kolas started to yellow ... so have been feeding them a mix of A+B @ EC 1.2 for the past few days.

At the same time of giving them some feed a few days back, I've dropped the lights to 400w from 660w, ambient to approx 25 deg from 27 deg and increased darkness to 13.5 hours per day from 12.

I'm aiming for 100% amber if possible as its purely for helping to manage chronic pain for my wife.

What do I do??? Bite the bullet, flush for a few days and harvest ... or wait it out a bit longer.

Please help!!

2011rex87

I followed the link - that strain is listed as 7-8 weeks indoor flower time to harvest. You are way way past that time frame. What exactly have you been feeding the last few weeks in flower? N-P-K ratios please. The leaves on the buds are supposed to yellow during the last couple weeks of flower cycle because (generally speaking) you are not feeding nitrogen but instead feeding mostly P and K.

Continue to flush. Do not use nutrients in the flush water. PH your flush water and let that be that. 72 days for a 7-8 week indica dominate strain is far past due.

There are several tricks promoted on this website to quicken ripening. There are ripening products you can buy (Not sure how well they work) but you are past that point. Some of the tricks include lowing the light intensity and lengthening the dark period - both of which you are already doing.

Post pictures if you can. Use a 30x or 60x scope or whatever you have to keep an eye on those trichome heads.

Ditto on what rex said sometimes some plants mature slowly depending on strain/conditions but it has been awhile. As long as it keeps flowering the thc should degrade to amber eventually....Are their lots of clears trichs left? Or is everything solidly cloudy? You can find trichome color charts on google if you need help seeing the difference.

Depending on the strain stability it could be possible you could have a sativa dominiant phenotype thats taking longer then the strain usually takes.

Not sure you can get 100% either as long as its alive and healthy itll keep spitting out new trichomes till you harvest. But you can get a large % to change to amber just keep watching the change can happen pretty fast. Worst case scenario the wifes gonna be high as a kite but still free from pain so dont worry lol.

Easy7

Veteran
Cut light schedule hours down. Try 10/14 for a week or two and if that doesn't help go to 8 hours light on.

I have my doubts that everything is as indica as claimed or every seed being indica dominant. Hybrids are more compicated than such simple ideas.

Cut light schedule hours down. Try 10/14 for a week or two and if that doesn't help go to 8 hours light on.

I have my doubts that everything is as indica as claimed or every seed being indica dominant. Hybrids are more compicated than such simple ideas.

Agreed unless you got like a pure landrace afghani indica or something you will have varying phenotypes. If its a f1 or f2 hybrid then expect to see a lot of that with extreme swings torwards indica or sativa dominance in some cases.

Latest posts

Latest posts