What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Joey Weed's Back Thread

LostTribe

Premium user
So I know a few of you out there have been on to the JW release that happened recently and figured I would throw this out there to see if anyone has popped yet.....

JW re released Cinderella 99 which he is famous for replicating, Northern Lights, Blueberry, White Widow and last but certainly not least AK-47. Its been 8 weeks since the drop so if anyone has any pics or updates on grows please feel free to join in this open discussion.

I camped out and got 2 packs of C99 but they are in the seed vault for now as I am traveling for the summer.

Somebody has to have an update so please let us know!
LT

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
I must of been lost but he reproduced ak recently??? Id love to see that one comeback close to the old ,,

G

I grabbed his AK47 and C99. Gonna mix them together at some point...
Currently running an F2 of SugarBerries that MJP sent into seedbay a few years ago.
Its good!

ChemmyCam

Very excited for these re-releases, hope the new stock is even the slightest bit as good as the old ones. I'm especially looking forward to the Ak47, there is just something about old school ak that just resonates with me.

LostTribe

Premium user
Very excited for these re-releases, hope the new stock is even the slightest bit as good as the old ones. I'm especially looking forward to the Ak47, there is just something about old school ak that just resonates with me.

I was gonna grab that too because he got those before they went to shit and I ran the original AK before they changed the mothers and it was amazingly potent easy and sweet smoke.

JimmyToucan

https://www.instabut.com/profile/j_toucan/5377597716

Edit: looks like the link might be bunk. do a search for my screen name and "instagram" and it will pop up.

SCROG pic; JW's AK's are the tallest flowers, top right and middle right. stretched a little more than anticipated. 4/4 females. 3 phenos; 2 in the pic a bit on the taller side and branchy, one tall and lanky and one little bush.

LostTribe

Premium user
So nobody popped any of these new Joey Weed Seeds yet?? Unbelievable to the MAX!!!!

Classics everyone of them! Sitting on 2 packs of the C99 but I am out of the loop for a second so they can't go. AK from Serious are you Serious? WW from original Greenhouse F1? O'Blue from O'DJ? And last but definitely not least Grimm F2 Cinderella 99??

I don't see anything available to rival these limited releases seems like all the Noob Boobs dont know jack squat about real GENES!

Bueller?????

Bueller?????

Bueller?????

geneva_sativa

So nobody popped any of these new Joey Weed Seeds yet?? Unbelievable to the MAX!!!!

Classics everyone of them! Sitting on 2 packs of the C99 but I am out of the loop for a second so they can't go. AK from Serious are you Serious? WW from original Greenhouse F1? O'Blue from O'DJ? And last but definitely not least Grimm F2 Cinderella 99??

I don't see anything available to rival these limited releases seems like all the Noob Boobs dont know jack squat about real GENES!

Bueller?????

Bueller?????

Bueller?????

It seems nowadays things are different in the canna community. . .

Folks used to share when they were growing out anything,

but now seems so many trying to keep their sources a secret.

IntotheGreen

What up LostTribe? As it so happens I just popped a pack of Joey's C99! This was the first strain I ever grew back in 2007 and am SUPER STOKED to grow it again, as to this day it remains BY FAR the best weed I've ever smoked. I was prepared to spring for a pack of the new Grimm release, went to HD site and lo and behold, who else is back in business but Joey fucking Weed!

As much as I wanted to try out the new Cindy from the original breeder, reading around a bit I found a lot of people saying there were some differences in the new issue (cat piss smell, etc., likely owing to the different male Soul used this time.) So while I'm sure the new batch of Grimm Cindy is still fire, I opted instead to grab a pack of Joey's F2s - which I KNOW first hand were my all-time favorite - for 1/3 the price, and with my "extra" cash also picked up a couple 5-packs of some cool-sounding Beanhoarder crosses (on sale at HD for $39/10 seeds), Red Congolese x F13 and Sweet Jack x Blueberry. This will also be my first grow using living organic soil, and my first full run with my new CMH lights! Hopefully JW still has that magic from a decade ago! :woohoo:

Quitters

Also looking for that first report on Joey's C99 rerelease

Also looking for that first report on Joey's C99 rerelease

So while I'm sure the new batch of Grimm Cindy is still fire, I opted instead to grab a pack of Joey's F2s - which I KNOW first hand were my all-time favorite - for 1/3 the price

As far as I know it's never been confirmed whether or not Joey used the same male and female for the new release as the originals so these could also be much different.

IntotheGreen

That's true I suppose, though I guess I assume that since he was selling F2s made from original Grimm stock, that he either still had those seeds from back then or if he didn't have enough for re-release that he would have made F3s from what he had left. The listing on HD still describes them as Grimm F2s same as it did back in the day, for what it's worth. So unless he bought new seeds from the Grimm reissue and then made his own F2s from the new batch, I would figure he's still working with the old genetics. Either way I'm sure it'll be pretty solid.

DeMonet

I'm anxiously awaiting a confirmation email for my most recent order, 1 pack JW NL, 2 packs each of JW WW and AK. I think on my next round, I'll just get a bunch of the mixed packs.

My long term plan is to use some of these genetics to breed some vigor, and hopefully yield, back into a favorite plant. Short term plan: grow the biggest buds I've ever grown.

Azure

I subbed to this thread in hopes you guys will be posting updates and pics of your grows!

prune

Veteran
I must say, that as someone who grew out more than a few of the original Grimm packs to find a keeper, that jw seeds produced the plant that most looked like mine. (certainly a whole lot more original looking than the recent BG re-release...)

Latest posts

Latest posts