What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MKOB Kush aka kush mkob

PDX Dopesmoker

This is what the Mkob seeds look like coming out of the flower
kdFzUF4.png

I'm getting really large seeds from most of the seven females I grew out. I think one or two of them have seeds that are just large, but not unreasonably so, but on the others some of the seeds I got are like coconuts.

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
This is what the Mkob seeds look like coming out of the flower
View Image
I'm getting really large seeds from most of the seven females I grew out. I think one or two of them have seeds that are just large, but not unreasonably so, but on the others some of the seeds I got are like coconuts.

They are some beauties! Looking healthy :D Who was the stud? I setup a seed tester App on my site today that people can fill out and I'll get back to them when I have some testers. https://bdanks.com/seed-tester/

PDX Dopesmoker

They are some beauties! Looking healthy :D Who was the stud? I setup a seed tester App on my site today that people can fill out and I'll get back to them when I have some testers. https://bdanks.com/seed-tester/

I don't remember exactly which one that was, I kept one Mkob male and 4 other male plants over the summer through flowering as well as half a dozen or so unique female strains, I made all sorts of crosses. I just got finished sorting out my seed batches, those Mkob female plants made the biggest seeds out of all of them.

OakyJoe

OGJoe / Wiener und kein Allemann
Veteran
Thanks @Bradley_Danks for shipping those genetics international!

big ups!

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
Thanks @Bradley_Danks for shipping those genetics international!

big ups!

Anytime! Cant wait to see some magic bean stalks! There is only a small group of people growing the original Macob Kush... Not a lot of packs available and it gets overshadowed by Jagerschnitzel now days.

PDX Dopesmoker

I sprouted 10 Macob seeds from the next generation. All 10 eventually sprouted, but the 5 of them I kept warm, protected & comfortable (taking them in at night, etc.) have a clear advantage
These are a couple of the ones I was nice to
oRAez8W.jpg

This one is typical of the ones that I left to sprout outside after soaking, its at least a day behind the comfy plants already.
LoYmz8i.jpg

This mutant popped up with the outdoor quintet.
Rn7Fh6P.jpg

PDX Dopesmoker

Macob sprouts are coming along nicely
00e3NY2.jpg

And last year's harvest is dwindling accordingly. This is what the flowers looks like after 7 months storage.
One3g8m.jpg

Here a photo without the flash
99f9nGV.jpg

The individual calyxes look like this
RgxOKR7.jpg

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
Those are some healthy looking pups! Those nugs look like snow covered mountain tops. That weed is still looking prime. I'm surprised its not looking more amber.

PDX Dopesmoker

This is one of the two males Macobs I picked out. I culled another earlyish flowering male that seemed a pinch less competitive and it looks like the rest are females, I might cull some of them too, but haven't yet.
CDeHKAE.jpg

spazspaz

I’ve been testing a MKOB pheno clone in a 4” pot. These images are actually at day 62 (correcting a previous post stating day 58), from flip indoors. Now it’s at 67 days, and I continue to forget to take her down. Very neglected the entire time—often dried out and with dim, indirect light all but three days or so toward the end, when I had more optimallly lit space briefly come available.

I wanted to see what indications there might be for future interest. So strange to see the mother plant be wide-leafed with very short internode spacing, then find this total opposite look. Of course, much of the stretch could be due to reaching for light. I was mainly interested to see what the odor, color and yield would be like in the least optimal conditions. If anything dazzled, then I’d really want to keep it around and try some more. I’m testing a few other strains this way, while the real sized plants have been given all the light. More to come...

5BE47E07-EE3B-4808-800A-3FAC2E3B16B8.jpg

0D317AC5-BDEC-4F15-8676-42E43B060552.jpg

00A4FEE5-C2B1-45CB-8B63-492F15083391.jpg

Attachments

• 2DBBA719-8473-4557-B156-B0E4ED34EDA0.jpg
    2DBBA719-8473-4557-B156-B0E4ED34EDA0.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

spazspaz

You guys definitely want to get sideways to groove upon this intuitively long-exposure darkness portrait of one dope MKOB pheno. The blur is representative of the mad swag sex organ swinging on harvest night. Wait till this lady gets bagged up and hits the street...

I know a lot of ballers are heavy into the senesce fad, so I left all the necrotic leaves until harvest. Didn’t want the trim crew to have to hassle with all the brittle crumble down low. Can I cut my fingernails now? Those lower branches, though...

It’s nifty how you can get major frost without any real light. But it’s fairly lame that you can get really colorful leaves, with mostly plain green buds.

This was smelling like sweet and sour grape raspberry syrup about a week ago, but now it’s got nanners and smells lemony. Still thick, like syrup, though. Not light and fizzy.

6B1887F9-5867-4424-AA24-37048F2F7C88.jpg

Last edited:

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
You guys definitely want to get sideways to groove upon this intuitively long-exposure darkness portrait of one dope MKOB pheno. The blur is representative of the mad swag sex organ swinging on harvest night. Wait till this lady gets bagged up and hits the street...

I know a lot of ballers are heavy into the senesce fad, so I left all the necrotic leaves until harvest. Didn’t want the trim crew to have to hassle with all the brittle crumble down low. Can I cut my fingernails now? Those lower branches, though...

It’s nifty how you can get major frost without any real light. But it’s fairly lame that you can get really colorful leaves, with mostly plain green buds.

This was smelling like sweet and sour grape raspberry syrup about a week ago, but now it’s got nanners and smells lemony. Still thick, like syrup, though. Not light and fizzy.

View attachment 502006

Thats a great description of the terps! sounds delicious :p I like hearing about your stress test. Too bad it couldnt resist hermying. How well did it handle the stress by your standards?

spazspaz

Too bad it couldnt resist hermying. How well did it handle the stress by your standards?

I wasn’t surprised to see a little incipient nannering happen toward the end. I have the impression this could possibly be eliminated by harvesting earlier.

Also, I preferred the terps a week earlier, and don’t have any indication that the extra week of dim lighting was of any benefit.

If I tear into the buds and find a bunch of seeds, then I’ll have a different answer—but, for now, this one was very resilient.

Very dense buds and excellent trichome coverage.