What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

bobblepods v2.0. bobbleracks revamped.

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
Great info all around guys. I'm gonna get to work on my stadium in 2 weeks, I plan on using guttering under coco beds, drip fed RTW. Looking forward to that new thread bobble.

I have only personally done low pressure aeroponics(FAUX) but i have lots of knowledge on true aeroponics(TAG) and fogoponics pretty much same thing, basically what you are trying to acheive is this, you want the misters or fog in your case to come on just long enough to saturate everything but NOT form water droplets, once water droplets are formed it is FAUX, then the fog evaporates and it gets a few minutes of straight oxygen before it turns back on.

If you have bare stem clones sitting in just oxygen for longer than ten minutes you are actually kinda hurting them. Weed is really resilient and it wont show signs of lack of water and still will probably root excellent that way. and i have never seen a fog cloner so i could be wrong if your fog isnt dissapating that quick

try to think of it like soil, plant A gets watered then watered again when the pot is light, Plant B uses drippers and it is evenly saturated. Neither are gonna show signs of lack of water but plant B gonna do much better. there is a post in your last thread where you talked in depth about this and dry periods and such and DHF complimented how he couldnt say it better it basicially the same thing you tryin to apply to your cloner

if you have a short cycle timer set it to 5sec-1min ON and 4-5min OFF, that would still be about 15 min every hour, they are about $70 if you have to buy one but it be worth it imo but if you dont feel like buying one you prob be better with constant fog

Just my 2 cents... have they rooted yet btw ??

Nah bro, not even close :)

Bobble, nice pull on the 1gpw and congrats on having an exit strategy in place for getting out of the game - keep up the good work.

Take it for what it's worth, but I've used bubble cloners, rockwool, Jiffys, Root Riot, etc. (have an EZ 120 collecting dust in my garage), and nothing is as "set it and forget it" as 10oz cups filled with coco.

Fit 104 of them in a 2x4 Botanicare tray with the Botanicare humidity dome (not cheap, that dome is $120) with three heat mats underneath on a thermostat set to 80.........never an issue.

reservationlabs

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bobblehead,

I respect you so much as a grower. I have watched you improve so much over the years. I is amazing.

Out of all of your threads I like this one the best for some reason. It is filled with so much information.

I have always loved what you do with Grape Skunk, but it looks like you are finding a new favorite in Strawberry DD. I know that you will have it completely and totally dialed in with your newest grow.

I am not on here much anymore, but I had to stop by and reread what I had already read in this thread and then finish reading what I hadn't. Now lets just hope I make it to work in time. Lol

Many blessings my friend.

bobblehead

Veteran
Bobblehead,

I respect you so much as a grower. I have watched you improve so much over the years. I is amazing.

Out of all of your threads I like this one the best for some reason. It is filled with so much information.

I have always loved what you do with Grape Skunk, but it looks like you are finding a new favorite in Strawberry DD. I know that you will have it completely and totally dialed in with your newest grow.

I am not on here much anymore, but I had to stop by and reread what I had already read in this thread and then finish reading what I hadn't. Now lets just hope I make it to work in time. Lol

Many blessings my friend.

Thanks for the kind note RL. I have to say that bobbleracks revamped is my favorite thread so far too. I was more hungry and I had a lot more to learn... but I still managed to pull off my highest yielding grow to date. bobblehead overtakes is about to get really good though... ;) I jumped into the new spot too fast, and I wasn't ready for all the challenges presented to me. Shit happens, and sometimes you have to crawl your way out of a hole... As you already know.

I still have plenty of Grape Skunk beans... but I had to let my cut go because, as you mentioned, I have other genetics that yield heavier and are more potent. GS will always have it's place in my stockpile of genetics. I have plenty of other RL genetics to grow still... I've finally got my clone/seedling issues sorted. Maybe I'll get the chance to pop some of those beans.

Good to hear you're still working! If you're not on ic much that must mean you're busy in the real world, and that's what's important. I'm not going anywhere yet bro... We'll be in touch. Be well.

:thank you:

reservationlabs

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for the kind note RL. I have to say that bobbleracks revamped is my favorite thread so far too. I was more hungry and I had a lot more to learn... but I still managed to pull off my highest yielding grow to date. bobblehead overtakes is about to get really good though... ;) I jumped into the new spot too fast, and I wasn't ready for all the challenges presented to me. Shit happens, and sometimes you have to crawl your way out of a hole... As you already know.

I still have plenty of Grape Skunk beans... but I had to let my cut go because, as you mentioned, I have other genetics that yield heavier and are more potent. GS will always have it's place in my stockpile of genetics. I have plenty of other RL genetics to grow still... I've finally got my clone/seedling issues sorted. Maybe I'll get the chance to pop some of those beans.

Good to hear you're still working! If you're not on ic much that must mean you're busy in the real world, and that's what's important. I'm not going anywhere yet bro... We'll be in touch. Be well.

:thank you:

I am sure "bobblehead overtakes" is going to see you blow it up. You just keep improving each time. You are a great grower. I can breed well and am good at laying out breeding projects, but I have never been a great grower. I have only grown well when I am running like 8, 10, 12 1,000 Watters. Even then I was only pulling 8 to 13lbs. 13lbs off of 12 1,000 Watters...not good.

I am watching your evolution and I (when things get back to normal) may take a stab at running 3 bare bulb 600 Watters. I have plenty of time to watch and learn.

Grape Skunk is one of my all time favorite projects that I worked. I think my next big run will be all Grape Skunk. It will be nice to revisit an old friend. I am glad that you are finding genetics that suit your needs and that you have dialed in.

I will be lurking. Many blessings my friend.

Mister_D

Veteran
Glad to see you still around also reservation. Wondering if your seeds are available anywhere these days? Or if they will be available at anytime in the future. Missed my opportunity when they were on the bay. PM me if that works better :good:

reservationlabs

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Glad to see you still around also reservation. Wondering if your seeds are available anywhere these days? Or if they will be available at anytime in the future. Missed my opportunity when they were on the bay. PM me if that works better :good:

Yeah I am still around. I am going to do one more HUGE drop in November and then I will fade away forever.

Right now there are I think "4" packs of Reservation Labs gear on seedbay, just go to seedbay and search RVL.

I am going to PM you also.

reservationlabs

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Was that "THE" Rez? Love your genetics! I just cannot afford them!

This is "the" Res (reservation labs) but not "the" Rez (Rezdog). If you truly meant myself then thank you kind sir. I have seen somewhere else on these boards where you said my gear is expensive. You can get my gear at seedbay for $39.99.

I know you are friends on here with my buddy bobblehead and have run some of my Reservation Labs gear in your grows. What Reservation Labs gear are you looking for?

Many blessings.

Mother Plants

Mother Plants

Bob,

In order to run a vertical SOG such as your bobble pods, how many mother plants would you have to keep on hand, say if I wanted to have 124 plants/clones each cycle?

Thanks for such an informative thread.

bobblehead

Veteran
Bob,

In order to run a vertical SOG such as your bobble pods, how many mother plants would you have to keep on hand, say if I wanted to have 124 plants/clones each cycle?

Thanks for such an informative thread.

That's a loaded question.... I would suggest having several small plants, or a few medium plants, or 1-2 large plants.

One large bush in a 5gal pot will put out enough cuttings, but to get the 2-300 cuts I would take to get 124 clones... You're gonna have to veg a long time, along with training to bush the plant out. You can decrease this veg time by using more plants. I don't keep moms anymore. I just take cuts off the plants going into flower.

Depends on your situation and cloning ability.... I used to be horrible at cloning. Now I'm too nervous about felony charges to have more than 99 plants... State legal is even better!

Good luck.

That's a loaded question.... I would suggest having several small plants, or a few medium plants, or 1-2 large plants.

One large bush in a 5gal pot will put out enough cuttings, but to get the 2-300 cuts I would take to get 124 clones... You're gonna have to veg a long time, along with training to bush the plant out. You can decrease this veg time by using more plants. I don't keep moms anymore. I just take cuts off the plants going into flower.

Depends on your situation and cloning ability.... I used to be horrible at cloning. Now I'm too nervous about felony charges to have more than 99 plants... State legal is even better!

Good luck.

Thanks Bob! I apologize for the late reply.