What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Get Baked and Go Fishing

shack

Nice Sub Z,it looks like you relly know how to have a good time.
Are they fresh fillets on the grill?

NOKUY

Veteran
awesome stuff you guys!

i decided to scan a cpl pics to show you all what i really love.

every year about the 1st week of june my dad and i and a few of my dads friends go to northern saskatchewan on a fly in for pike, walleye, and lake trout. (i prefer pike fishing by far over almost anything)

This year will be the first year i wont go since i was about 13. :badday:

we usually drive to Lac Laronge and fly in to Reindeer Lake.

here is a pic of the floatplane we are usually on (sometimes they split us up on 2 smaller ones):
picture.php

here is a pic of Lac Laronge from the window:
picture.php

these are the little boats at the fly in lodge....we usually are fishing in shallow protected bays, so these boats work good, and they are rugged:
picture.php

here is a nice Northern:
picture.php

and another:
picture.php

early june just after ice out the pike move into the warm shallow bays to spawn....and u can catch fish just about every cast....my biggest pike is about twice the size of those in the pics (prolly 35 lbs)....we turn almost all the big ones back, and keep a limit of hammerhandles, and always limit out on walleye.

my dad likes lake trout fishing so we do that for a day or so....i dont really like it because it's slow, but if u hook one it's usually big.

we also portage in to a cpls small streams and fish greyling once in a while....thats fun for a min. too, but i just love pike fishing.

ill have some bass, crappie, and hopefully some gar fishing this year...ill post pics when i do.

good fishing everyone :wave:

shack

Man o man, you guys and your pics are getting me all wound up.
I'm gonna go put some new line on my reel and hit the local trout stream.
I'm with you Sub,split the gut,but I leave the head on.wrap in foil and put on the grill.
When done you can grab the head and most all the bones will come with it.
MMMM i'm getting hungry for frest trout.

C

cellardweller

I am so jealous.
I have no muskie around here, and very few large pike.
Not alot of smallies either..

F

Four2Zero

Im diggin all the pics bro's. Here is a sockeye I caught on the fly while rainbow fishing in Alaska.

F2Z

picture.php

NOKUY

Veteran
Im diggin all the pics bro's. Here is a sockeye I caught on the fly while rainbow fishing in Alaska.

F2Z

picture.php

nice!....ive never caught a red that late into spawn....death was on the doorstep. such beautiful fish tho.

...what river if u dont mind saying?

F

Four2Zero

Hey Yukon, I dont mind at all bro. It was at the Copper R. The one that runs into Iliamna, not the other one where they commercially fish. It was an awesome trip... caught many trout like this one and bigger... in fact at one point I caught 23 trout from the same exact riffle and had to chase half of them downstean to land they were so lively...here is one being displayed by my guide... notice his bear deterent?
peace
F2Z

picture.php

NOKUY

Veteran
Hey Yukon, I dont mind at all bro. It was at the Copper R. The one that runs into Iliamna, not the other one where they commercially fish. It was an awesome trip... caught many trout like this one and bigger... in fact at one point I caught 23 trout from the same exact riffle and had to chase half of them downstean to land they were so lively...here is one being displayed by my guide... notice his bear deterent?
peace
F2Z

picture.php

very nice....and yeah i know the difference 'tween the 2 copper rivers.

that southern copper river is sooo damn famous for copper river reds....i know the diff because i almost picked up some property on the copper river where u were there, and ive fished both of them. :wave:

F

Four2Zero

It was like this all day... every day... sick.. just sick
The fishing, not the weather. We loved it when it rained as the no seeums and skeeters would go away for a while...

picture.php

F

Four2Zero

very nice....and yeah i know the difference 'tween the 2 copper rivers.

that southern copper river is sooo damn famous for copper river reds....i know the diff because i almost picked up some property on the copper river where u were there, and ive fished both of them. :wave:

Awesome bro. That would be a sweet place to live... cant get enough of Alaska. :rasta:

NOKUY

Veteran
yep....thats good day in ak!

skeeters dont like me tho...even when i dont eat garlic they dont bite me...just annoy me.

my GF...thats another story.

skeets u can net up from...but no see ums...net dont phase.

I

idoreallytry

nice pics guys
i dream of a fishing trip in alaska,,you guys are lucky to have experienced that,,,peace