What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Uk waste removal methods

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I dry it right out and triple bag with the thickest bin bags I can find, cable tie on top. I put the second and third bags on at the last minute as it takes time for the smell to permeate.

Then take it to the dump preferably early on a busy day like a Sunday so it gets buried within minutes under other people’s shite.

Some dumps ask for ID now so check beforehand

Stay safe

Bit dodgy now compared to how it used to be,
Ask for ID at our dump,,
Dumping all mix? ,totally out of the question,,,
One split bag,,cctv everywhere,,
Workers all making sure the rubbish goes in the relevant dump containers,,
One way in and one way out,,,not good ,,,,s2

Last edited:

Green81

Veteran
Think compost bins, big ones that youve been feeding with normal kitchen/garden waste, then add canna waste, worms eat ut up within days on an active Bin.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Finally found an electrical wholesaler who couldn't care less what went in the lamp bin :)

Third fill a blender with water, then cram leaves in the feed hole while it's running. You will make a thick leaf soup. Short supple stems are fine. Long hard one's will rope up the blades. You will need to chop the twigs up and find a garden bin. A paper bag is a good carrying option with places like Morrisons now selling them as shopping bags. Bio-degradable and normal looking.

I have found a few hours trimming is just a blender or two. So you can do a bit each day, with no fear of keeping leaves around to mould up and spread spores. The twigs can wait...

Get a blender with some guts. The power rating or it's ability to do ice cubes is a good sign. Blender though, not a food processor.

The soup will stain surfaces. It will even taint the porcelain for a day. Keep flushing with each load, and running the tap won't hurt, to wash it along the sewer.

A garden chipper won't do wet leaves but might disguise twigs well. I didn't find them useful though.

You can get stick blenders that resemble pneumatic road picks. Big motors and long shafts that can blend a 20L bucket.

Horses for courses

Esme

Finally found an electrical wholesaler who couldn't care less what went in the lamp bin :)

Third fill a blender with water, then cram leaves in the feed hole while it's running. You will make a thick leaf soup. Short supple stems are fine. Long hard one's will rope up the blades. You will need to chop the twigs up and find a garden bin. A paper bag is a good carrying option with places like Morrisons now selling them as shopping bags. Bio-degradable and normal looking.

I have found a few hours trimming is just a blender or two. So you can do a bit each day, with no fear of keeping leaves around to mould up and spread spores. The twigs can wait...

Get a blender with some guts. The power rating or it's ability to do ice cubes is a good sign. Blender though, not a food processor.

The soup will stain surfaces. It will even taint the porcelain for a day. Keep flushing with each load, and running the tap won't hurt, to wash it along the sewer.

A garden chipper won't do wet leaves but might disguise twigs well. I didn't find them useful though.

You can get stick blenders that resemble pneumatic road picks. Big motors and long shafts that can blend a 20L bucket.

Horses for courses

Your lamps do chuck them after 6 months or so? or do you mean broken ones?

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
I had quite a collection. From 70w lamps ran until they wouldn't stay lit, to 600MH lamps I tried for two weeks but didn't like. Most had done their useful hours though. A lot were Philips CG lamps with 12 - 24 months on them. The Green power 600w CG has a little less output than the non CG, but a longer service life. You notice fewer lamp changes, when your not regularly laying out £35 for each one. While the bit of electric to perhaps run another light per pitch is much less painful. With the waste management issue greatly improved.

Latest posts

Latest posts