What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New Brothers Grimm C99 and 630w CMH, in dwc!!!

G

Forgot to mention I found out that hulk smash is aptly named! I rolled a reasonably sized joint and gave it two good hits. I put it out with the idea of finishing it after I saw what kind of head change two rips would do. Two hours later I finally started to think normally again. Two hours after that I wasn't floating on clouds and had some serious munchies. Hulk smash is not a daytime smoke or for when you need to get anything done that requires thought or any sort of motivation. It made aches and pains cease to exist and didn't put me to sleep surprisingly. Unlit green hit is straight fruityness. Smoke was super smooth with little expansion and no burn or coughing involved. She had a semislow come on and kept creeping after initial onset. This was hulk smash #10. Super dense buds, and coated in sticky resin. After breaking up the bud by hand I had to clean my fingers before I could handle the rolling paper ha ha.

The rest of the tent got cut down today and is hanging up to dry. I'll post plant pics prior to chop once I get them all loaded. Initial impressions of everything is hulk smash has some serious potential than will be interesting to work with. Across the board dense colas, with Golf ball size lowers that are dense as well. Going to be impressive weight with regard to plant size. Healthy resin production and great smells. Orange glue overall is fluffier, very colorful, citrus nosed, and absolutely coated in resin. This strain is plant that will do very well for making concentrates. Weights per plant will vary as some cuts have better structure than others. Blue dream well they were the smaller of the plants in the tent. Colas are fat and stupid leafy. Density is average, nose is blueberry for sure, it's still not a favorite of mine as I hate trimming leafy strains. Resin production was better than previous times I've grown hso blue dream from seed.

The aero table has been reloaded with cuts from most of the plants from last run. I have added 1 c99 #3 to the aero table as well as some tangerine kush clones as well. I'm really looking forward to running the tangerine kush again. She was missed as she sat out on this last run. By far my favorite smelling plant to grow. I topped a bunch of clones and I plan on doing a fair bit of training this round. I'm also probably going to trellis the aero table as well. Growing main colas was fun, but I like more tops better. The 5 dwc totes were reloaded with hulk smash and Orange glue cuts.

The aeroponics experiment is a resounding success and will be changing how I grow. Hands down it's my favorite method of cloning and growing plants. If this run through bloom goes as problem free as the first one was after getting dialed in, I'm done with dwc. Being able to run a 4x4 table with one 27g tote outside the tent is worth it's weight in gold. Plant growth rates with low pressure aero are on par with dwc. The part I didn't think about and am stoked about is the post harvest clean up of the 4x4 table took way less time than the 5 dwc totes. The 4x4 table will take even less time next time as I have eliminated hydroton completely from that equation.

Anyone with questions, fire away. I'll post photos as promised, and lab test results in about 2 weeks or so once I have them. I'll be running more concentrates as well. The rest will be with dried material. Pictures of finished shatter will be posted as well. I'll be weighing and figuring out yield percentages on it. I'll share numbers if anyone is interested.

Thanks for hanging out with me as I stumbled my way through another grow, it's been a hell of a time!

IF you have the time could you post some pics of each of your phenos of Hulk Smash and what each one was like and which one was best. And edit to ask do you consider Hulk Smash a good or bigger than average yielding strain? Im going to put beans in water in a couple days and since I have to play whats under the skirt game with regular seeds Im only going to veg a couple for 6 weeks to flip and hopefully take a couple weeks off the time.

Last edited:
I took 2 pics of each plant, since you asked Stewart I'll start with hulk smash when I get the chance. From a growers standpoint hulk smash has serious potential. These were bloomed small and all put on above average weight for size of plant. It's due to the combination of good bud size and redictulous density. Calyx to leaf ratio was phenomenal as well. They took their time getting through bloom and are a solid 9 to 10 week bloom plant when run from seed. Weeks 9 and 10 they bulked up and frost production went into hyperdrive. I honestly was disappointed at what I was seeing in week 7. Give them the time they need, and you won't be disappointed. I hope ya get one like the purple hulk smash I got. She is a pretty one and reeks of strawberries.

Smoke wise I very rarely smoke what I grow. After this batch is dried and gets a good cure I'll share the smoke reports that come in from my testers. I have a feeling that there won't be any complaints.

Last edited:
So tonight was another concentrate run. 149 grams of dried c99 #4 trim and popcorn. 6 cans of 420ml butane. I got 20 grams of medium amber out of it which is a 13% yield. It smells very floral and sweet with a humint of fruit. Definitely high grade in my opinion. Yield wasn't the best but this was all trim and popcorn which isn't bad. After the crop dries I plan on doing at least one batch of bud run with the Orange glue as it made copious amounts of resin is a little fluffy for my liking. Here's how tonight's batch turned out.
picture.php

picture.php

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Id smoke that, it would take some time but ... :D

Nice and clear, and yeah 13% from trim and popcorn is quite all right IMO.

As promised here are the hulk smash pictures!

Up first is hulk smash #1
picture.php

picture.php

Hulk smash #10
picture.php

picture.php

Post split into two due to image count restrictions.

Hulk smash #6 (Orange tagged branch was pollinated for free feminized seeds)
picture.php

picture.php

Hulk smash #5
picture.php

picture.php

All came down on day 70. Nute levels were dropped 2 weeks from chop and flushed for 1 week with plain water

I try to keep the larf to a minimum. I do use it along with sugar trim for bho though. So it looks like the Orange glue #1 will definitely be a good bho plant. The sample bud has finished drying and has been jarred for curing. I'm happy with how it turned out.

Orange glue #1
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Got some dried and curing nugs of c99 #3 and hulk smash #6. The #6 bud pictures is the cola tip I pollinated week 3 with hermie pollen from hulk smash #4. I busted up the bud and let it super dry out over night. I got 1 seed that looks fully mature so far. hulk smash #6 has a sweet and fruity rubber tire smell. C99#3 is all sweet pineapple and citrus at this point in the cure.

C99 #3
picture.php

Hulk smash #6
picture.php

I got just shy of 50 mature seeds from hulk smash #6. All off the one stem that got hit with pollen. So hulk smash will be saved in seed form. I got to looking in my seed stash... apparently forgot about some of the stuff I've got. I really need to stop ordering seeds and get through what I've got. That probably won't happen, as I've got an insatiable urge to get new genetics to play with.

I got hulk smash #6, hulk smash #1, and Orange glue #6 trimmed and in jars today. After being in a jar for an hour, they all are very and I mean very pungent. Hulk smash #1 smells like strawberries dipped in diesel fuel. Hulk smash #6 is more sweet strawberry with a hint of fuel. Orange glue #1 is very chemical with a little citrus. Its a very sharp smell. All the plants were cut at the base and hung as a whole plant, fan leaves plucked at chop, sugar leaves left on, and it was a very slow drying process. Honestly I think this may be a better method when feasable.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
All the plants were cut at the base and hung as a whole plant, fan leaves plucked at chop, sugar leaves left on, and it was a very slow drying process. Honestly I think this may be a better method when feasable.

That's the key right there, slowing down the drying process. Where I live, it's too dry to do a wet trim and hang. I have to leave as much on the plant as possible. It sucks that I have to dry trim as a result, I find it so much easier to wet trim.

I agree. I love wet trimming but I'll only do it when it's high humidity. In those instances I'll use a dehumidifier in the drying room to control the initial drying. The danger with wet trimming is they will dry out in as little as 3 days and you lose a lot of terps which is no good. They will also pick up that hay smell.... I learned that lesson the hard way.

starke

Clip the fans, leave the sugars and hang 'em whole. That is what has also worked the best for me here in humid ass FL - even with central AC keeping the RH around 55%.

More bud shots! Up first is hulk smash #1! This is by far my favorite purple budding plant. Super dank, great tricome production and killer density. Now all I gotta do is get her to put on more weight. Next up is Orange glue #2. She reeks of sharp chemical funk and sweet Orange, above average tricome production, and the best density so far with the Orange Glues. Next up is Orange glue #4. She smells identical to Orange glue #2. Slightly better tricome production, way less density. She will be added to the concentrates pile, her clones will be culled after next round unless she steps her game up. Last and certainly not the least is Orange glue #6. She smells like sweet oranges with a funk chemical. Not sharp like the others. Tricome production is possibly the best in the tent! Density is acceptable for the colas, lowers are a little fluffy. Colas were saved, the rest will be concentrated. Fyi I'll be running concentrates by strain, and not by cut #.

More to come this week. I've got more hulk smash, blue dream, and final weights to figure. I'm thinking this isn't anywhere near my average gpw, but I could care less. First run with areo and the first run at the new house. I'm calling this a good run as quality is on point. Oh and the next run is starting to take off. Me likes aeroponics. The table is a dream to run once it got sorted out. Pictures!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php