What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

OIL VS BUDD3R ???

MJOFMJ420

LOOKING TO COOK THIS UP COMING WEEKEND:microwave:
WAS WONDERING WHATS THE BEST EDIBLE TO MAKE

ALSO WOULD LIKE TO HEAR U GUYS INPUT ON THE TOPIC OF OIL VS CANNABUDDER. WHICH OF THE 2 WOULD BE MORE POTENT AT THE END IF USING THE SAME BUD AT THE SAME AMOUNT.. ALSO WHICH WOULD BE EASIEST TO PRODUCE

MJOFMJ420

WOW NO HELP AT ALL???
WELL IM LEANING TOWARDS THE OIL.. AND THE EDIBLE I CHOOSE TO MAKE IS GONNA BE MAKING BROWNIES WITH IT

dreaded

I never had oil... only butter..
Best edible.. probably brownies... or suckers..
I think oil would be more potent... butter easier to make...
:tiphat:

wolfhoundaddy

Veteran
I like infusing coco oil with the herb. Simple process, decarb it, let it 'cook' in the crockpot, done. Can be used with a medicine dropper. I didn't like the idea of ingesting all that butter.
2 grams bud/1 oz coco oil.

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
Oil is easier

Oil is easier

Put your green in and then heat it.

I grind up a blender full, buds and trim. In large crock pot I use a 48 oz bottle of vegetable oil.

Turn on the pot. Stir it , every few minutes.

You will notice a change in the color and bubbles.

After an hour or so, strain.

Make brownies! :dance013:

TerpeneDream

I agree, oil is easier. Butter is expensive and burns, vegetable oil is cheap.

I think you should decide what you're going to cook with the oil/butter. If nothing else, that should help the decision!

TerpeneDream

Also... Have you guys heard this?!

So I was talking to this guy, and he said the monks who taught him to grow said to cook the oil for 6-8 hours, rather than the typical 45min-hour.

What do you guys think about cooking times?

TerpeneDream

Hmm... maybe not?

I was just reading this page on Decarboxylating

While only looking at this 60-minute test window..it appears as if thc does increase (who knows what happens after 60 min?? Do you?).
It looks like total cannabinoid content peaks at 30 minutes, but then decreases. Maybe 30 minutes is the magic time?

Compound-Before Decarb-30 Min Decarb-60 Min Decarb
THCA 24.5% 2.6% .1%
THC 3.8% 25.4% 25.5%
CBDA .6% .3% .3%
CBD 0% 1% .1%
CBN .4% 1% 1.4%
Moisture 0% 0% 0%
Total Cannabanoids 29.3% 30.3% 27.4%
Cannabis Trim

Compound-Before Decarb-30 Min Decarb-60 Min Decarb
THCA 6.5% 2.9% .2%
THC .6% 4.8% 6.9%
CBDA .2% .2% .1%
CBD 0% 0% .1%
CBN 0% 0% 0%
Moisture 3.4% 4.5% 0%
Total Cannabanoids 7.3% 7.9% 7.3%

floralheart

Veteran
Also... Have you guys heard this?!

So I was talking to this guy, and he said the monks who taught him to grow said to cook the oil for 6-8 hours, rather than the typical 45min-hour.

What do you guys think about cooking times?

The knowledge is sound, provided the monks are blind.

I usually cooked my past tinctures and butters 30-45 minutes. Tried the 4 year slow cooker method, but saw it as diminishing returns.

A friend does a double refinement and reduction of the hash that makes the budder, and that seems to purify and intensify the end product the most noticeably, regardless of cook time.

Better in, begets better out.

Latest posts

Latest posts