What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hemp seed oil

moses wellfleet

Veteran
Does anybody use this in cooking, is it possible to make at home?

I think I saw it for sale in a health shop but I know so little about, please help me out with any info at all.:thank you:

Ruosk

I think it's cold pressed oil. You can make it, but you need a lot of seeds to extract any useful amount, so it only makes sense if you can get really cheap seeds or got land on which you could grow your own.

Barn Owl

Hemp oil does work and can be a substitute for butter,. I use sesame oil instead of butter. Different oils require different temperatures in order to be most effective. Some canola oil I have used seems to need to be cooked on a warmer setting on the slow cooker than medium refined heat sesame oil. I actually have cooked with hemp oil, but the first cookies I made with the hemp oil were not as potent as the second batch because I increased the temp on the second one. Be careful not to burn. A quicker way to test oils is to simmer them on the stove, strain and mix with you favorite food. One thing I have noted is that the oil seems to be most potent if it bubbles or boils. Oils at lower temps tend not to absorb the THC as much. Too high of course will burn. Slow cookers with temp settings work the best.