What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

cannibis, interferon medication, liver fibrosis and hepatitis-c

G. Sensi

^Wow that info was amazing Hippie and so appreciated... and Thank you for becoming a IC member just to share it!

Please do share your "formulas" as Im sure there are many of us who would love to know... I have a few friends and family members infected with HCV (thanks to the amazing work of the Canadian Government! :middlefingersmilie: ) And I would love to share this info with them...

Could I also ask your personal view on Cannabis and HCV and whether its beneficial overall (Not just for those on Interferron etc)

MacGyver, thanks to you for starting this thread...

Blessings of Health and Happiness IC

-G

festivus

STAY TOASTY MY FRIENDS!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's being reported that the U of Washington has again denied Tim Garon a liver transplant, and while the U is citing privacy laws (in not commenting on the reason for the denial), Tim's son flatly states it's because he was prescribed MMJ to treat his Hep C.

Was Tim the person who the U of W denied for a liver transplant last year, on the grounds that 1. He used MMJ, and according to the U, MMJ carries aspergillus (sp.) mold spores, and that 2. Aspergillis is known to trigger a rejection response for transplanted organs? This is a load of crap! I do air sampling for mold, and aspergillus is quite common everywhere!!

Please send your prayers and healing energy to Tim in his final days.

Last edited:

festivus

STAY TOASTY MY FRIENDS!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for taking the time to post your experiences here Hippie! I think this is one of the most wide-spread diseases of our time, and I suppose it's a bit of payback for the anything goes freedoms we enjoyed in our youth!

I've been advised by my doctors NOT to use herbal suppliments to treat my hep c. I tried milk thissle for a few months, but didn't notice any difference. I did get a hep b innoculation without any noticible side effects. You say it elevates RNA levels. What is RNA??

G

Hippie very nice first post,,plus +POS k to ya..I found out my Viral Load results the other wk,,i wasnt expecting what he told me,,The viral load was almost at 2million, and he said he wanted me to start another round of chemo or interferon-ribiviran for 48wks,,,My heart sank. I knew the day would come but just didnt think the numbers would be that high,, Im trying some herbs Hep-c herba, and p-10,, for 3 to 6 months,,hope this brings the Viral Load down,,I do not want to go threw Interferon again.Ecspecially without M.M.j .. ~~~VONFORNE thats great news that your blood count is normal...I would try to stay healthy,,and try some herbs man,,i would only use interferon for last resort,, the interferon and ribiviran can be very very ruff,,or i should say they can be very ruff on some people.My good friend is very knowledgeable on the herb i hope he can stop buy.GOOD LUCK to you and everyoneelse fighting this deadly virus......Jimi

Hippe

I'm so sorry to here about Tim Garon, festivus, Is he in complete liver failure? If so, then then there's little anyone can do, with the exception of prayer.
Herbs takes a little time to become accumulative in their effects, and one can stop any further damage in a matter of days with herbs, but considerable much longer to see improvement in damage reversal actions.
Concerning "RNA levels"...I guess it would be more correct to say RNA test, which basically, [without all the tech~talk], a RNA-test measures how much of the hepc virus is in the blood, which is referred to as "viral load." Chronic hepc. infection, viral loads vary widely from 50K to 5 million copies per milliliter. This is a more expensive test than the usual blood panel testing of the ALT and AST etc..which the Alt is more indicative to the liver than the ast is, because the ast levels can also be effected from other organs too, such as an overworked adrenal gland, spleen or heart in addition to what is reflected within the liver itself.

Hippe

Tea Formula: Phyllantus urinaria bulk herb, I put about 4 cups in a 1 gal. glass jar and then fill it to the top with hot distilled water. Let it sit for 3 to 5 days, shaking it up a couple times a day.
In another 1 gal. jar I do the same as above. The two 1 gal. wide mouth jars with the root mixers below, makes a little over 2 gal. tea.
When the tea is showing good brown strength, [test with glass dropper vial] and ready~Then prepare the below brew to mix up together in final product.
~ In a 4 qt. stainless pot, I steam~simmer 1/2 cup Bupleurum Root [whole bark strips] with 1/4 cup White Poeny Bark strips, for 30 min. stirring every 5 min. When it's ready I've turned the burner off, I then add 1/4 cup Skullcap bulk leaves, quickly put a lid on the pot and let it "steep" for 15 min.
Keep in fridge, drink 3 to 4 [6oz.cups] per day, take with your other herbs. for Hep.
For excessive brain fog and anger, add 8 to 10 capsules of Licorice at same time Skullcap in added to mix.

festivus

STAY TOASTY MY FRIENDS!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Okay, thanks Hippy. I do get regular viral load counts, just didn't know it was called RNA. My 1st load count came in at 12 million. After interferon/ribovirin it dropped to under 1 million, but has been steadily going higher. My liver enzyme levels are normal for now. I saw a news clip about Tim Garon. I don't know if he's in complete failure, but he looked like he was on death's door. I've discussed the transplant option with my doc if I ever get that bad, and I told him I wasn't interested, and would just "take my medicine" (and my cannabis!). Easy to say that now, I know. But I was the one who made the risky choices, and I really don't feel like I deserve somebody else's liver, especially after all the miles I put on mine...

Hippe

Hello Fetivus, I hear where you're coming from, Initially, I started out with the essiac herbal blend from Starwest herbs. and it did a good job, though I was also taking a Plumtree Formula along with it called: Xiao Chai Hu San, [a bupleurum kind of formula]
All those "miles" that you speak of, are just growing experiences, and havn't we all hit our bumps in the road along the way? :-} If you get a shot of a new liver, please Go~for it brother!!! The squalene, [Sharks Liver Oil] was used by hep.c patients after a liver transplant to rid the body of virus when it started showing up again. There's also a pat.cure with the use of squalene for hep.c ...worth checking into.
You're not alone!!!

festivus

STAY TOASTY MY FRIENDS!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
TY my brother! I'm thinking about trying the essiac, but I'm a bit leary of herbal remedies. Until there's a better, less evasive cure, all we can do is just keep-a-going!

Hippe

Can understand your carefulness, and actually, this is a wise thing too, as herbs are not just an everyday supplements like some thinks of them to be, they are "drugs".
Personally, I've had great success with herbal blends, but I also know that the "herbal treatment" route isn't the "ultimate" in the world, though "cures" can be found in their uses if taken in right combination.
The "ultimate treatment" is of course, is illigal here in our country. [Can't afford to put those billion dollar a year pill pushers out of business! :-]
There was a little electro~machine, made by Dr. Beck called the "Beck Zapper" back in the early 30's that done a fantastic job at killing viruses [pathogen's] related diseases in the blood.
There are several later models available and sold, [but not in the U.S.] I paid $189. for my; Dr Hulda Clark Digital Zapper.
If interested in checking into this, please understand that Electrification of the blood does not kill any viruses, but Yet alters and inhibits the ability of the outer protein layer of the virus to attach to lymphocytes receptor sites, and interrupts the reverse transcriptase process. Thus, in short, it "blocks" the binding of the virus with the host cells, so the virus is considered in effect to be "Neutralized; Immobilized and marked for elimination from the body by means of detoxification. A person's rate of recover from chronic diseases/illnesses, is of the electro-current intensity multiplied by time of exposure..[time on the machine]
Since I don't get back here much, [am always on the go], and should you or anyone need some help with resources, feel free to email me at fathersplace29@yahoo.com

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
The doc said I need to quit drinking or die, like beginning stages of cirrhosis. Then they said I had fatty liver, so I started researching n been taking milk whistle and cbd . from what I gather cbd binds to cb2 receptors while thc links to cb1, and cb1 binding causes more damage. I been changed my diet a bit and stopped drinking, hop in I can cure it. Appreciate the info in this thread.

Latest posts

Latest posts