What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cop's Marijuana Legalization Question Gets 1st Place in White House Video Contest

Aeroguerilla

I’m God’s solider, devil’s apostle
Veteran
Big Pharma will always keep it illegal until they find a way to get there greedy little hands in the pot.

mrcreosote

Veteran
Ok, here's the deal...
No President is ever going to give the green light to legalize MJ regardless of what the electorate wants. Period.
There's just too much money with the vested interests in LE, Legal and the private prison industries greasing the wheels.
Ain't gonna happen until the public can match the scratch.

That is a lot of $20.00 donations to NORML.

Sounds cynical but I see it as pragmatic although I'll vote for Ron Paul on principle even if it means handing Obama another 4 years.

Sometimes you have to make a stand even if you're gonna be defending the Alamo.

I called the White House out on its refusal to discuss legalization of marijuana. I said it had the courage to lay hand on Bin Laden but not the bravery to answer the #1 question the public asks its adminstration.

Its weird how writing the White House makes one feel like such opinions are worthy of a beating or worse. But I will get over it.

Bob-Zilla

Ok, here's the deal...
No President is ever going to give the green light to legalize MJ regardless of what the electorate wants. Period.
There's just too much money with the vested interests in LE, Legal and the private prison industries greasing the wheels.
Ain't gonna happen until the public can match the scratch.

That is a lot of $20.00 donations to NORML.

Sounds cynical but I see it as pragmatic although I'll vote for Ron Paul on principle even if it means handing Obama another 4 years.

Sometimes you have to make a stand even if you're gonna be defending the Alamo.

I couldn't agree more.It's all politics folks!!
I have been preaching this point for a long time...
MJ alone generates way way way more money illegal than it being legal,taxed&regulated.This way it supports "specific federal&state corporate sectors" of this corporate owned economy, and that surely won't be changing any time soon.Neither party wants to attempt a change or initial reform in fear of the opposing party gaining any possible leverage.
It is the way it has been for a reason.

TriTone

Here's what I think. Obama will NOT legalize cannabis. He's against it for whatever reason because he's clearly avoiding the topic.

Maybe he's waiting after getting re-elected then allowing the states to make the decision on how to handle it.

That said, I think Kerlikowske tipped his hand (or the administration's) in how they want to handle this. In a statement in response to the We the People petition program, he rambled on about how smoking cannabis is not healthy (conveniently not mentioning vaping, tincture, or edible) and that they need to identify the effective constituents that have medicinal value. So, they acknowledge that there is medicinal value to the plant, just not in plant form.

See where I'm going? The administration is going to let Big Pharma identify what's effective in cannabis, and have them extract it in pill form that will be the only legal medicinal option they will allow.

Fuckers.

That said, I think the country is moving toward full legalization. MMJ is a stepping stone, and more and more states are going that way. I just think it will take longer unless the Feds figure out that they are on the wrong side of history and change.

This is just my opinion, of course, so what do I know?

Last edited:

mr.brunch

Veteran
420giveaway
You mean all that the renewable energy that we'll be forced to use, that isn't ready for use, won't be affordable? Maybe we can all become environmentalist. That seems to be who they listen to the most. Wonder what the pay is?
we are environmentally friendly!
if we were allowed we would plant so many trees, there would be a co2 shortage:dance013:

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That said, I think Kerlikowske tipped his hand (or the administration's) in how they want to handle this. In a statement in response to the We the People petition program, he rambled on about how smoking cannabis is not healthy (conveniently not mentioning vaping, tincture, or edible) and that they need to identify the effective constituents that have medicinal value. So, they acknowledge that there is medicinal value to the plant, just not in plant form.

See where I'm going? The administration is going to let Big Pharma identify what's effective in cannabis, and have them extract it in pill form that will be the only legal medicinal option they will allow.

Fuckers.

That said, I think the country is moving toward full legalization. MMJ is a stepping stone, and more and more states are going that way. I just think it will take longer unless the Feds figure out that they are on the wrong side of history and change.

This is just my opinion, of course, so what do I know?

Kerlikowske is one of the biggest sell out hypocrite pieces of shit. His son is a Heroin Addict.

Stranger

As long as there is a theatre of "vote", I fully participate.

First rule we cannabis criminals should follow:

Do not vote for anyone that does not specifically state the drug war is a failure and pot should be legal. What in the hell can they understandand do if they do not get that one?

Period.
Period.
Period.

Its only about the money and the market of persecution is the most profitable one at the moment.

Public support for re-legalization ---- over 50%
Amount of support in legislative branches of govt ---- less that 1%

We allow this crap, and elected them all one at a time.

--
"There's no way to rule innocent men.The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants a nation of law-abiding citizens? What's there in that for anyone? But just pass the kind of laws that can neither be observed nor enforced nor objectively interpreted - and you create a nation of law-breakers and then you cash in on guilt."

Ayn Rand --- Atlas Shrugged --- 1957

It is easy to get mad at the big O. But, I think that he is an endgame sort of guy. I support him. If, after he is re-elected, and if...if the Democrats can take back the House and keep the Senate...then look out. If that happens, though, and he still doesn't make a move, then I'll get pissed. He just needs an opening first, and right now is a really bad time.

I have been hoping the same thing, either way obama in a second term is much better than any of the whac jobs running against him...

MadBuddhaAbuser

Kush, Sour Diesel, Puday boys
Veteran
It is easy to get mad at the big O. But, I think that he is an endgame sort of guy. I support him. If, after he is re-elected, and if...if the Democrats can take back the House and keep the Senate...then look out. If that happens, though, and he still doesn't make a move, then I'll get pissed. He just needs an opening first, and right now is a really bad time.

I have been hoping the same thing, either way obama in a second term is much better than any of the whac jobs running against him...

You are both out of your minds.

Just because he smoked pot 20 years ago doesn't mean he gives a fuck about you.

And hes spent nearly 3 and half years showing you that.

itisme

Veteran
THE TEXT FROM IT AND INFO! Feel free to paste it to the orginal thread post.

WASHINGTON, DC -- Today YouTube ignored a question advocating marijuana legalization from a retired LAPD deputy chief of police that won twice as many votes as any other video question in the White House's "Your Interview with the President" competition on the Google-owned site. They did, however, find the time to get the president on record about late night snacking, singing and dancing, celebrating wedding anniversaries and playing tennis.

Stephen Downing, the retired LAPD police officer and a board member of Law Enforcement Against Prohibition (LEAP), had this to say about the site ignoring his question: "It's worse than silly that YouTube and Google would waste the time of the president and of the American people discussing things like midnight snacks and playing tennis when there is a much more pressing question on the minds of the people who took the time to participate in voting on submissions. A majority of Americans now support legalizing marijuana to de-fund cartels and gangs, lower incarceration and arrest rates and save scarce public resources, all while generating new much-needed tax revenue. The time to discuss this issue is now. We're tired of this serious public policy crisis being pushed aside or laughed off."

The top-voted video question from Downing is as follows: "Mr. President, my name is Stephen Downing, and I'm a retired deputy chief of police from the Los Angeles Police Department. From my 20 years of experience I have come to see our country's drug policies as a failure and a complete waste of criminal justice resources. According to the Gallup Poll, the number of Americans who support legalizing and regulating marijuana now outnumbers those who support continuing prohibition. What do you say to this growing voter constituency that wants more changes to drug policy than you have delivered in your first term?" The question can be viewed at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0IpiATxdR4.

Downing's question came in first place for video questions and ranked second out of all questions (with the overall top spot going to a text question about copyright infringement). Many of the other top-ranking questions were about marijuana policy or the failed "war on drugs," as has been the case every other time the White House has invited citizens to submit and vote on questions via the web.

Voting in the YouTube contest wrapped up Saturday at midnight EST. In addition to the top-voted marijuana and drug policy questions mentioned above, there were a number of other similar questions that received thousands of votes but were mysteriously deleted after being marked "inappropriate."

More information about the contest and the top-voted questions can be viewed at http://www.youtube.com/whitehouse. The Gallup poll referenced in Downing's winning question can be found online at

Last edited:

itisme

Veteran
Originally Posted by maybe4sure
It is easy to get mad at the big O.
1. I will end the Iraqi war day one, bank on it...
2. I will end the Bush Tax Cuts.
3. I will call the Attorney General off the states and they can have medicincal weed if they so choose

1. Lied. Bank on it :D Which one Goldman, his biggest backer along side Romney.
2. Lied.
3. Lied.

Yes it is easy to get mad at Big O.

I didn't even mention, NDAA, FAA and 30,000 Drones, FEMA camps built in every single state as we fired teachers. Bankers getting more money than ever. Everybody is ready to attack Iran, but Ron Paul.

Yes it is easy to get mad at Big O

The Big O'shit what has happened to our country. It didn't start with him but he has us on rocket fuel versus regular gas.

You are both out of your minds.

Just because he smoked pot 20 years ago doesn't mean he gives a fuck about you.

And hes spent nearly 3 and half years showing you that.

is it so crazy to hope?

1. I will end the Iraqi war day one, bank on it...
2. I will end the Bush Tax Cuts.
3. I will call the Attorney General off the states and they can have medicincal weed if they so choose

1. Lied. Bank on it :D Which one Goldman, his biggest backer along side Romney.
2. Lied.
3. Lied.

Yes it is easy to get mad at Big O.

I didn't even mention, NDAA, FAA and 30,000 Drones, FEMA camps built in every single state as we fired teachers. Bankers getting more money than ever. Everybody is ready to attack Iran, but Ron Paul.

Yes it is easy to get mad at Big O

The Big O'shit what has happened to our country. It didn't start with him but he has us on rocket fuel versus regular gas.

I guess you cant think of one good thing he has done right? and when I said, he is much better than any of the wingnuts that's running against him, I did not mean Ron Paul. WHY??? because RP has no chance even winning his party's nomination, much less the general...Why does the man even bother pandering to a party that obviously cant stand him? Why does he not just run as an independent so maybe other people (like me and others who will never vote republican) might consider him?

THCphd420

^^^

why he doesnt drop out? beacuse hes trying to save your thankless ass from tyranny. It astound me you would vote for him as independent but no way if he ran as republican. That is the most backward thinking ive evr heard. The fox new guy who got fired had it right, no matter which party you choose there both fucking ya. If only america could just wake the fuck up.

Latest posts

Latest posts