What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New Brothers Grimm C99 and 630w CMH, in dwc!!!

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Lookin good! I got a gn c99 goin outside, looks hella crystally like that. Got dumbass pineapply smell to it, wish i woulda toon a cut now.

Crazy Chester

Get Mo - sounds good - I hope it turns out well for you.

I don't have an indoor setup right now, so I didn't take clones either (plus I have hundreds of seeds of the same generation). I've been thinking I might set up a cheap T-8 shop light and try reveging one or more of the girls indoors.

Dry shot! Took a cloudy tricomes sample bud and dried it. Cut from mid height of canopy. Solid density for a sativa! Once she cures for a few more days I'll have a friend get me a smoke report.
picture.php

LostTribe

Premium user
Dry shot! Took a cloudy tricomes sample bud and dried it. Cut from mid height of canopy. Solid density for a sativa! Once she cures for a few more days I'll have a friend get me a smoke report.
View Image

Is that regular of Fem version? Looks Old School C99 without a doubt!

So with a less than a week for dry and cure, she smells faintly of pineapple. These 3 females came from regular seeds. I just got back from my buddy's wife sampling that nug. She said it has a very mild flavor that tastes a little fruity. Effects wise it's pure Cindy and a energetic, giggly, clear headed high. I was told there would be consequences if she didn't get first dibs on it once she is fully cured. Oh and it smokes smooth as silk. I find this kind of surprising since no flush and proper cure. I'm really stoked to see how she develops with a proper cure. It's always intriguing smelling them as they go through the final change. Oh I will be making some fresh frozen bho with c99. It has been requested as well.

Beginning of week 7 update:

Resivoirs have been drained and the final flush has begun. This lead to having to tie up all of the damn plants. The flop is in effect. The buds are by no means huge, but they are all super dense. C99 #4 has been fading for the last few days, and is looking to show some purple/red calyx highlights as well. While none of these are the mythical 45 day cut, they are definitely early finishing plants. I've spotted Amber tricomes on all of the plants. Just a few here and there and just on the leaves at this point. I will wait to chop until I see a few on the calyxes. Well I'll probably harvest c99 #5 first for a little more energetic high, and give the rest a little longer. The girls are finally sharing their perfume. Looks like they were just saving it for the very end. I was honestly starting to think they were not going to develop any real scent and that is a deal breaker. I'm now going to have a harder time deciding which pheno to keep!

Pictures! Ok so the first picture is actually c99 #3. Label mix up. This is what happens when I try and do things before I have my morning dose of caffeine. Anyhow here's the girls.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Up close with c99 #3. Resin production is going into overdrive with the girls. At first I had my doubts of how good c99 was and how much was just hype. I should have known better. While this may not be the original c99, I think this is close enough!
picture.php

This tangerine kush is a generous yeilder per square foot. As with anything seed related it's luck of the draw. Tk likes to grow with a lanky sativa structure with weak stems, medium density buds, and great resin production. She came from exotic seed via seedsman. The beans were cheap and well worth growing. I saw 2 phenotypes in 3 feminized beans. This was the sativa leaning pheno. Yield wise prior to this run has been 9.72 oz in a 2x2 area, 600w de hps,single plant, and 19ish oz in a 2x4 area, 750w de hps, single plant scrog. Fyi while the yield is solid consistently good, the reason I keep it around is that it smells amazing. Straight orange cleaner in flower, cures to a lovely citrus smell, and goes up in smoke with the same awesome taste. The return rates on concentrates is above average, and makes lovely shatter or wax. Concentrate consistency is dependent on temps and is completely stable. No autobuttering tendencies. Sorry about the long winded reply. This is one strain/seed company I believe is unjustly overlooked.

Mid week 8 update! #3 turned out to be a little on the fluffy side for my liking. Just a hint of purple, and a lot of resin! The colas were harvested first and immediately frozen to make a batch of fresh frozen bho and the lowest were harvested and dried/cured about a week ago. The curing bud smells like juicy fruit gum with a hint of musk, and loud! #5 colas were harvested yesterday and are super dense and absolutely coated in resin. Purple highlights here on calyxes as well, less than #3. Now #4 is a little different. She is showing more purple than the other 2 . Very resinous, and has more purple calyxes and the leaves are slowly going purple as well. Tk is swelling up like crazy and smells Devine. If all goes according to plan #5 will be finished tomorrow, and tk will come down this weekend.
picture.php

The chop was finished Friday. All the ladies are down. Final impressions of plant structures are as follows:

C99 #3- she is the keeper. She grew solid sativa buds. Very low leaf to calyx ratio which was a dream to trim. As she cures her buds are taking a floral/fruity tone with a second note of inscence. By eyeball she gave the biggest yield of A grade nugs, and not a lot of b grade or fluff. She had a medium stregnth branching structure that needed some support from week 6 onward. Her growth was very vigorous and trouble free. Almost no foxtailing to speak of with her. Internodal spacing was typical sativa and she a little over doubled in size from veg to final height. Very frosty and only a little light purpling. It was more evident when she was growing, and the purple is hard to spot on the dried nugs.

picture.php

First batch of bho. Very stable shatter. I swear fresh frozen bho makes some of the prettiest shatter. It has a the same floral/fruit inscence smell as the live plant. I will also be making dried and cured bho as well with the sugar leaves, popcorn, and b grade buds.
picture.php