What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Malignant melanoma oil treatment? Any experience?

I had a small mole biopsy done and results came back as malignant melanoma.. I'm waiting for an appointment with a plastic surgeon to have a big part of my leg removed to hopefully remove the cancer has a whole... until then and until I have more info, how deep it is, what stage, if it's spread if it's superficial... I'm trying not to use Google because that's just scary.
I do grow and I do have oil I've been making into a pain relieving lotion/cream.. I'm just wondering if any one out there has any experience with skin cancer cells and natural/home remedy kind of care? (I am moving forward with the surgery... just looking to broaden my knowledge)

BudToaster

Veteran
I had a small mole biopsy done and results came back as malignant melanoma.. ... (I am moving forward with the surgery... just looking to broaden my knowledge)

How did your surgery go?

my gf just got the same pathology report and we go see the plastic surgeon on Wednesday. he did me ... i had a melanoma in situ, a nothing burger, and except for the tissue void above my right bicep, seems to be a done deal.

best of luck with your treatment. i'm studying GrayWolf's extraction information and starting with ethanol extract oil for gf. and me too, if i can get enough bud. as it turns out i had already gotten a decarboxylation device - the Nova - and i got two bottles of 95% Everclear on my last trip through Delaware. so it should be an interesting weekend. Easter, of all things!

BudToaster

Veteran
here is a status report ...

gf is taking .1g chunks of extract as a dose - up to 4 or 5 per day as tolerance increases.

started treatment Apr 14 after initial pathology report. re-excision is scheduled for May 9, with more complete pathology from that biopsy.

from the first pathology report the TIL is brisk, so i would like to see no melanoma found in the upcoming report.

also been reading a lot about immunotherapy: latest drug (Yervoy) is 22% effective for malignant melanoma, but has the side effect of triggering autoimmune problems ... for $140,000 per dose.

Cannabis has GOT to better than that, eh?

Last edited:

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
Best of luck..

Best of luck..

That's great it was in situ and removed successfully.

A great place to get information is Cancer.org (American Cancer Society).

They have cancer specific forums. (I Post in the Colorectal Forum)

They have a skin cancer forum, it's free and you might find useful information there.

Good Luck :party:

BudToaster

Veteran
i appreciate the reference, but there are only two (2!) articles about cannabis, total ... and the same doctor speak about "more study needed", and nothing about treating melanoma.

BudToaster

Veteran
Try rso .

yes, that is basically what i am doing, except ...

instead of hoping the decarboxylation is taking place while boiling off the solvent, i decarb before solvent extraction with a tested decarb appliance, and ...

instead of naptha, i use Everclear, and ...

doing small batches to gain some confidence, so with 6g of bud to 4oz of Everclear, it mostly evaporates over 24 hours. this yields a day of oral dabs. also accommodates the limited amount of bud available right now.

we have a consult with the re-excision surgeon today ... a week before the surgery ... gf has been dosing since 4/14.

so, at age 69, my sense is that getting old sucks ... can't wait to see what's next.

BudToaster

Veteran
Put it on your skin!
kind of like foliar feeding ... there really isn't a surface site (this is for my gf), the biopsy site is healing and looks normal ... I think in this case systemic immunotherapy is the right tactic and gf agrees.

BudToaster

Veteran
thanks @cyat and @aridbud ... i am being too rigid in my thinking about this. i am just assuming malignant = metastatic, when in truth, the whole point of the re-excision is based on the idea that the melanoma is a local problem. ergo, a topical salve is very worth trying.

i think i will melt about .1g of dab into a little coconut oil to get something i can smear onto the site.

thanks, guys!

I think you want distilled thc. Fully activated. They're doing studies inAustralia and I think they show adding cbd helps but straight thc does too. Good luck. I believe it can work.

BudToaster

Veteran
the herb is fully activated by the decarboxylation, no? it appears distilling rigs are beyond my ken. i'm waiting for a kitchen appliance, Mr. THC.

i'm just following the Rick Simpson protocol, with tweaks.

BudToaster

Veteran
well, except the extraction i make can not be applied to the skin - too hard/dry ... a little coconut oil makes it into a salve.

cyat

Veteran
Then your cooking it to long or it's just cold try warming it.
No need to reinvent the wheel.. I just follow ricks advice and it's worked for some people I gave it to in 3-5 days with others it just shrunk it over months so I guess it's not the same for everyone.

BudToaster

Veteran
not cooking it ... frozen wash, then 24 hour air evaporate - i don't use a rice cooker to evaporate the ethanol, end up with scrapable goo in the pyrex dish.

Dawn Patrol

Well this is some bullshit right here.....
Veteran
If heating you extract doesn't work then put the extract into the minimum quantity of barely heated oil (coconut or grapeseed) to make it blend and you should be OK. But as cyat noted the higher volume of carrier oil, the less the effective dosage.

Coconut and Grapeseed oils both absorb into the skin well.

BudToaster

Veteran
thanks, DP, that is exactly what i did - a minimum amount of barely heated oil with just enough heat to let the coconut oil liquefy.

i appreciate all your comments. staring end-of-life in the face is sobering ... but, fortunately, doesn't harsh the buzz. i hadn't pictured this phase of my life to be like this - more dr appts than in my prior entire 69 years.