What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Zack pls stop

20sackzack

https://youtu.be/khF10XXexDE

They told me no, but I said yes

Sup y'all, shits about to go full hard mode in here. The quest for the legendary all bud pheno has begun

Rockin a 5x5 tent, 1000w dimmable mh/hps with air cooled hood

Couple pics during set up
DBizdOX.jpg

R9U7kKS.jpg

Picked up 12 realcaliforniaclones last weekend. Grabbed 3 purple (aka blood orange) tangie on friday. And 3 mendo breath, 2 cherry kush, 2 cherry pie and 2 animal cookies on sunday. Figure chances of finding the all bud pheno are pretty high

Purple tangies
r4mUI5w.jpg

The rest on the way home from doctors orders
LOJGJuK.jpg

Planted clones into a blend of cootz I made last year, black gold and happy frog. Got em under a big ol cfl I had laying around for now

C3J63yB.jpg

Big shout out to who dat is, Avinash.miles and HazyBulldog for helping a brotha out!

More to come...

20sackzack

OK ok, so I might not have found the all bud pheno just yet lol. But a dude can dream right?

Honestly though, all kidding aside I'm just an amateur who really enjoys herb. I love learning and have been wanting to set up a small indoor grow for years now. I'm lucky enough to finally be in a position to do that. Just want to say how thankful I am for everything I have right now. It ain't a lot but sure as hell could be worse

So I am currently working on getting my soil tested at spectrum. Been tagging along in slownickels thread and have been inspired by the big dogs. My plan is to test, amend and recycle the cootz mix I made last spring for my outdoor grow

I transferred 4 of the 6 pots my soil was in into a raised bed for veggies. I'm hoping to mix all the soil together at once, test/amend then use some for my indoor grow and the rest for outdoor vegetables

yXlhppX.jpg

Going to add more boards to double the height of the raised bed then the other 2 pots will fit and I can get it all mixed up together. At which point I will take a sample and test it

The 2 pots left to move

fUAW2Ga.jpg

Worms!

etvZSlD.jpg

Gry

The candy skull and earthworms look great. Back yard looking like the promised land.

20sackzack

The candy skull and earthworms look great. Back yard looking like the promised land.

My girlfriend loves candy skulls, figured it would add to the vibe haha. I did a couple small outdoor grows in my backyard the last two years, u can check em out in my signature. Thinking I'm going to skip doing it this year, not enough time when I work 11 hour days mon-fri

Blow it up homie!

Oh fasho Chunky! Hopefully one day the 2.0 will find its way to me. For now I will have to settle for those 3 mendobreaths. never tried either but I'm hoping they are somewhat similar so I can get an idea of what the 2.0 is like

that is gonna be a real deep bed for veggies! looks great. nice construction

Yeah I'm thinking 24 inches might be a little much. I mainly just want to get it all my soil in one spot so I can consistently mix it up before testing. I might only double the height temporarily, then go back to 12" before planting. I can always fill up smart pots with the extra soil. I really dig your indoor beds. Got any tips for setting up a soil bed in my 5x5 tent?

Pic from this morning

Qvh4ii0.jpg

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:lurk:
taggin' in and pullin' up a bucket on the first row

all bud... zack goes hard mode

i dig the green tent poles, snazzy :bow:

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
yeah, my beds are only 12" deep for my plants, outside beds too. as far as putting a bed in your tent, im a huge fan of beds. so yeah id do it. but make sure you have great airflow cause they hell on humidity. the pre made geoplanter i got for my bed came with a heavy duty pvc frame. in your setup id just use that. the 4x4 (60$) would do great and allow some air around the edges. mulching and/or cover crops are real important in a bed too, im stupid for not doing it this round. avinash has some sweet kiddie pool beds in tents that are properly mulched, they are rocking out.

ps what is up with the green poles? i like them too

also, anyone else wonder what crush is up to?

20sackzack

taggin' in and pullin' up a bucket on the first row

all bud... zack goes hard mode

i dig the green tent poles, snazzy

Thanks yo! The green poles have been scientifically proven to increase hard mode on plants by 30% compared to white poles :biggrin: tent is a cheap one from amazon. Brand is vivosun. No complaints so far

:tiphat:

yeah, my beds are only 12" deep for my plants, outside beds too. as far as putting a bed in your tent, im a huge fan of beds. so yeah id do it. but make sure you have great airflow cause they hell on humidity. the pre made geoplanter i got for my bed came with a heavy duty pvc frame. in your setup id just use that. the 4x4 (60$) would do great and allow some air around the edges. mulching and/or cover crops are real important in a bed too, im stupid for not doing it this round. avinash has some sweet kiddie pool beds in tents that are properly mulched, they are rocking out.

ps what is up with the green poles? i like them too

also, anyone else wonder what crush is up to?

Whatching guy's like u, bobblehead and lapides kill it in beds is what inspired me to wanna give it a try. I like the idea of all plants having maximum root space. I'd like to build my own but sometimes the time and effort required don't always make up for the savings. Will be mulching fosho! Maybe just some clover though if I do a living mulch. Buildasoil's cover crop can get out of hand quick

I was never even around when crush was posting I just recently came across his vids. Pure gold! if you're reading this crush we love ya brotha. Like people said, it took some guts for him to do that and take all the shit people gave him for it. I honestly wish the guy well and hope he's still growing (better)

Here's a pic of my light and scrubber set up. On a scale of janky to 10 how'd I do. The tent didn't come with instructions for where to put the top support poles

yZXzu8i.jpg

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
well done spreading the weight out on different bars, hows the light footprint with the filter next to the hood?

20sackzack

well done spreading the weight out on different bars, hows the light footprint with the filter next to the hood?

Seems to cover the whole area pretty well. I haven't been using the hid lamp yet because I figured it was too powerful for babies. I did try turning it on for a couple minutes at 600w last night and I think I'm going to start using it on that setting soon. That should help my temps come up too, been in the low 50's. I also picked up more pots so they can all be in the same size container. Gonna do that soon

20sackzack

Yeah the tents in a detached garage with no heat. Definitely not ideal but they haven't seemed to mind so far. Running the mh on 600w should definitely help bring it up

20sackzack

Got the 6 plants in the random smaller pots transplanted into the same size as the other 6. Also got the metal halide and fan set up. Temps went up to 59 and should continue to rise a bit as we get out of this cold snap. Everything outside has been freezing the last couple nights. Definitely looking forward to warmer weather

Here's the tent after getting that ish done last night

7W9dFyx.jpg

Closer up

o2f7obi.jpg

When I checked on them this morning before work at like 5:45 the mendobreaths were flopping. These did not get transplanted last night so I'm thinking this is just them freakin out a little about the extra light. Everything else seemed fine including the ones that got up potted so hopefully they will snap out of it and perk back up soon

K9OECwJ.jpg

Root pic during transplant

rSoKvTK.jpg

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
im in a detached garage also. i put a little space heater in my room to run during the day when lights are off. just enough to keep it at 65. i also ran my veg tent in the same room during the day so that helped too.
also, im guessing it dosent matter where you are but i see your fan is pulling through your reflector. if you need to, watch out for gaps sucking out unscrubbed air.

20sackzack

Yeah I definitely am thankful to be in this spot. I wouldn't be where I am though without my girlfriend. We've always split our expenses pretty evenly. She wishes I'd spend less time growing and more with her, but she puts up with me and I love her for it

Latest posts

Latest posts