What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Stinkys Backyard Greenhouse Med Grow 2016

stinky

Hey thought I would throw up some crappy pix of my greenhouse plants...

Lost my phone in a car wreck with an 18 wheeler big rig. Glad to still be here... really scary. Shitty cell phone pics.

Anyways..... some plants started flowering around the first week of July and the last to start flowering is the Casey Jones. Man... Casey plants get big and demand quite a bit of nutrients... I know I am off somewhere with that strain but all others seem to be doing quite well.

Thanks for looking! :biggrin:
NL x BB
picture.php

cotton candy
picture.php

NL x BB
picture.php

cotton candy
picture.php

Last edited:

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
are you pulling a tarp on that? seems really far along, maybe you are in another country?

anyways it looks great and I think you'll kill it in there, nice work! good luck with the bugs this year.

redlaser

Veteran
Nice grow, I'd say you'd hit closer to 2 per plant easy on a lot of those maybe more. Are doing any preventative sprays for anything or going with the nets alone? Haven't tried only nets but it should work in theory with the moths.

I put supplemental lights out on 7/15 and it wasn't early enough because they reverted to single leaves. 7/1 is early but I'm a believer now at least with some strains.

even with lights some c99x cheesquake hybrids look like your developed plants.

B4URTIME

That greenhouse is so full your having trouble getting the photo's. I am anxious to see how this one finishes.

stinky

Hey thanks for looking :)

No tarp pulling. The plants that started flowering around July 1st must have been mostly Indica dominant. There is a thread called: Flowering Cycle Triggers in Outdoor Growing where the poster Moondawg gives the following information:

Many, most hybrid cannabis and specifically those strains with 30% indica or more, will begin to flower between 14.25 and 14.5 hrs of daylength. This fact is easily confirmed and i will give you the method. ITIS CRITICAL PENGUIN, to keep in mind that it takes 2 weeks from the time daylength triggers flower onset until you actually see pairs of white hairs begininng to form. IN the outdoors this means that when you first walk up and see flowers beginning to form on the plant, the daylength that actually triggered that flowering was 2 weeks ago. Use the tool ive provided below to determine what that daylength was at your lattitude.

http://astro.unl.edu/classaction/ani...sexplorer.html

The facts i present to you Penquin are easily confirmable with 2 differnt test:

Test 1: Place your indoor plants under 15hrs of lighting. Leave them for 2 weeks. You will observe that the plants DO NOT attempt to flower at that daylength. After 2 weeks, reduce the lighting to 14.25. EVERYTIME, the plants will begin to display flowering within 2 weeks. You can confirm your observations in reverse once you have seen the onset of flowering by once again, returning to the 15 hr lighting. The plants will over a few weeks return to veg cycle, or at the very least get stuck seemingly between flower and veg.

Since you are an outdoor grower, there is a second test for confirmation of the hrs that preciptate the onset of flowering. EX: At 38 N, the first flowers on hybrid strains are witnessed around August 1. This means that the daylength that actually triggered the flowering began 2 weeks sooner. If you use the tool i linked, you will see that the daylength at 38N on July 15 is just under 14.5.

The same holds true for your area. Consider your crops and plants over time: When do you generally start to see flowering? Make that determination and then check the link tool for you lattitude to determine what the daylength was 2 weeks before you normally see the flowering. I know for a fact that what you will find is that the daylength that was present when flowering was triggerd will be just shy of 14.5.

This flower trigger of 14.5 or so is why clones have to be planted after daylength reaches these levels to prevent spring flowering of clones.

Good luck to you buddy. Youre asking some good questions

So.. this made sense to me as my latitude gives me 14.2 hours at the longest day of the year. My plants outside always seem to flower early. I am in Sunny Southern California. :biggrin:

I have hit the plants with BT for the white moths once a week. They are always a problem each year for me. That's the reason for the screen netting this year. I have released lady bugs in there and there might be some praying mantis.

It was difficult taking any pictures in there as it is really full. I just cant move around in there anymore.

Hemphrey Bogart

Veteran
Yo, stinky! Shits blowing up in that greenhouse! Looking mighty fine, my man. Good job so far. I heard about Beauveria Bassiana for killing arthropods, but I haven't tried it yet. It's a fungal spray that kills on contact. The only bad part is it will kill your beneficial insects as well as the ones you don't want. Haven't used it myself yet, but I may try some indoors next time around.

I'm glad you're OK. Take care and good luck on the rest of the season.

HB.

20sackzack

Wow I just found this thread, very nice work stinky! Can't wait to see how everything turns out for you. Your girls seem to be loving it in that hoop house. Thanks for sharing :tiphat:

stinky

Hey there,

No pics today but there is an update. I started off the season with some House & Garden A and B I had here at the house. When I finally got back on here at IC I found out about No Till and organic gardening.

Yeah I am a little slow on the information uptake but really liked the concept of No Till/Organic. So back in June? maybe I ran out of H & G and amended the soil with some organic nutrients.

Everything seemed to be going great my last post some of the plants were already flowering well.

The Casey Jones or this particular cut is a fucking BEAST. It just outgrew everything in the greenhouse. I mean like three times as big as anything else. I did not have the option of increasing my grow space so was bending, tying down, and eventually cutting off 2-3 feet or more of the three Casey Jones that were in there.

The other day I made the decision to remove them from the greenhouse. Sad day yes it was but man I just could not move around in there and was really messing up an already messed up back. I was breaking big branches off plants just trying to turn around!

So..... That left me with 9 plants.

2 Blue cheese
3 Northern Lights x Big Bud
1 Afgooey
2 Cotton Candy
1 Girl Scout cookies

Everything is covered in in Glandular trichomes. The Blue cheese is going to take a little while longer must have more sativa in her.

I will try to get up some pics in the next week before I chop a couple down.

I have some other legal issues to deal with that is urgent so this is why there has been a lack of posting.

Wish me luck guys. I love this community and love growing cannabis.

Hope to see ya all sooner rather than later. :thank you:

stinky

Hey farmers

Greenhouse is doing well and it looks like we will have a good supply of medicine until the next harvest. :biggrin:

Looking forward to continued learning...

Cotton Candy
picture.php

Gsc
picture.php

NL x BB
picture.php

stinky

So yeah.... it's 2017. I survived the wreck with the 18 wheeler last year. I survived the broken ankle this spring....

Got a spring harvest off this year then re-vegged those plants and stuck them in the ground.

In da greenhouse we have Dream Beaver, Dank Sinatra, Snow Lotus x Gogi BX2, and black destroyer.

Got some clones going for a fall/winter grow.

Could not get around in the greenhouse last year so i put some beds in there and dug down into the earth for the walkways. Kind of like a sunken greenhouse. Standing up I am waist level with the plants....

Happy Farming Everybody!