What's new

Fuzzy Landrace Leaves ?? Literally like mint

Slurm

So a friend of a friend came back from Pakistan with 3 seeds he picked out of a mid sized yielding unknown strain from a plant while there. I was gifted one seed, & it was 3 weeks into vegging, the leaves undersides are so soft. I mean Like it shocked me when feeling how fuzzy the underside is.
Is this a trait of anything specific ?? Can find no info of cannabis having this but maybe I haven't looked hard enough! Please, any help is appreciated !
It has some fat leaves. That have a veiny appearance of something from the Jurassic ages lol (just different from strains I've grown & was so excited to finally have a "landrace" genetic but not sure what the heck it is) I'll try to get pics up. I need to find my camera again, haven't posted here in a bit

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I had a couple of X18 pakistani that were really fuzzy...I think I have a pic somewhere :)

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
I had that in some wild junglis from Himachal Pradesh. Very velvety to the touch ;)

Koondense

Veteran
My Aunt of Farouk(paki landrace) cross(paki dominant)has some velvety feel under the leaves.

idiit

Veteran
I love the soft, velvety feel of many landrace sativas. haven't personally found any wide leafed cannabis varieties with that epic sativa softness.

subbed. :)

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
I'd like to think that it's a plants natural evolution to combat wind burn or something similar. I love that trait. I have 20 x18 which I hope at least some germ. Going to be popped this summer for a little open poll..

chronosync

Well-stoned member
Being fuzzu would help keep things from sticking to them, to give bugs a hard time and i bet it keeps them dry too.

Slurm

I wish the leaves on mine were that fuzzy ! Took 4 cuttings. Waiting to see roots. Moving soon so I can only bring cuttings with me. Mother Plant isn't super big though & could maybe be transported easily. Won't know sex for a while but this baby is getting bred with no matter what !