What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The skill of the grower- 'Cannatonic' 1:1

Bongstar420

I am a partner/employee of an OMMP garden here in Oregon. I have some data for people to look at. I'm not really here to give pointers, but I think it is still helpful to show that a significant difference can be made by the skill of the grower beyond being a good grower in general.

Here is evidence that the grower can significantly influence the outcome of the crop.

Here is our Cannatonic cut we got from the Progressive Collective in Portland Oregon. The cutting was verified as a official Cannatonic 1:1 THC:CBD and was sourced from a local garden there called Green Pinky Farms..

I refer to this plant as 'Cannatonic' Green which is short for 'Cannatonic' Green Pinky Farms Cut.

The first grow was produced with a basic nutrient program which was approximately 50% organic nutrients. The fertilizer schedule was composed of conventional organic and synthetic nutrients. That batch represented what the majority of people would get using popular high end grow techniques which were either part or fully organic in nature (organic per se is not beneficial and can actually be quite inferior to a proper synthetic regime).

The second grow, which was actually the fourth nutrient test regime for the garden but the second for the cutting, was composed of a similar balance of synthetic to organic nutrients, but I sourced them as non-conventional forms. A person needs to understand basic chemistry to formulate these regimes because none of the compounds have NPK ratings.

Both lab analysis's are of the same cut. You can see significant boosting in there. I used no hormones or growth regulators. There was very little actual labeled fertilizers for the second grow. The total lux wan't hugely different, but they did get significantly different spectral composition.

Attachments

• CannatonicGreen.pdf
    284.8 KB · Views: 61
  • CannatonicGreen(2).pdf
    318.5 KB · Views: 39

vostok

Veteran
delicatessen-original.jpg

Congratulations on winning such a hi CBD content ...truly a winner ..even the lab report is envious ...lol

Chimera

Genetic Resource Management
Veteran
The second test probably came from a bud that received significantly more light.
It also shows about a 50% increase in Monoterps.

You'd be surprised at the variation that can come fromeven a single plant, depending on where n the plant the sample was taken from.

I assume you only supplied a gram or so for testing. Proper sampling procedure should use at least 5 grams, which are homogenized to obtain a more accurate representation of the batch produced.

-Chimera

KiefSweat

Veteran
numbers are only relevant if your trying to count the milligrams in your extract for a spectic end purpose, having grown and tested high cbd strains, sometimes the lower testing cuts/grows make better medicine even if less overall.

Bongstar420

I use a uniform sampling protocol; the lab cooperates with me...one top bud with an equal amount of the lowers...my batches exclude 30-50% of the actual flower weight and so my trim comes with lots of flowers in it. I utylize a very high penetrateion growth technique and get issues with over lighting entire plants on occasion. Finally, the spectral composition is more important then the total lux. I don't see how high lux of 550nm light is beneficial at all.

Why would the terps increase significantly more than the cannabinoids when most of the lab work I've seen show no such correlation with cannanbinoid and terpene output?

I did use some SAR techniques

And...no, I am not surprised about a 50% variation between light dep fluff and adequate light solid nugs.

If you like, I could run samples of only bottoms and only tips. My accomplished lab results are mostly +20% cannabinoids with some 18's and 17 which I culled. I will post another round with Pennywise..current results are attached and we will see the juiced sample

The second test probably came from a bud that received significantly more light.
It also shows about a 50% increase in Monoterps.

You'd be surprised at the variation that can come from even a single plant, depending on where n the plant the sample was taken from.

I assume you only supplied a gram or so for testing. Proper sampling procedure should use at least 5 grams, which are homogenized to obtain a more accurate representation of the batch produced.

-Chimera

This is exactly why I pick specific cuts and grow each cut under a few different production regimes.

Testing is 4-5 grams, and yes, they are homogenized based on a representative ratio of prime to subprime nugs...

Yes...there are other drugs in the plant that are not THC and CBD. Most of my stuff has very strong tertiary medicinal components and I can grow a cut to have or not have more or less of different components to some degree. You didn't notice how I boosted the CBC content from 0.72% to 1.14% which is a 60% gain? If you look closely, not only did I also significantly boost several trace cannabinoids, I also caused the absence of one and the presence of two that were absent before.

Cannabinoid content was only boosted +/-30%

numbers are only relevant if your trying to count the milligrams in your extract for a spectic end purpose, having grown and tested high cbd strains, sometimes the lower testing cuts/grows make better medicine even if less overall.

Finally, The Garden picked up a cut of ACDC last fall. Its very likely to be the same cut which is at most dispensaries offering ACDC flowers. The ACDC potency in CBD numbers appears to vary from 14-18%. I looked at a sample labeled as 16% and am expecting something in the range of 18-22% CBD with a high CBC number of at least 0.7% or higher just by looking at the two samples side by side.

Last edited:

Bongstar420

ACDC is now in...Batched with the 'Cannatonic' Green.

Ironically, the CBC is nearly identical. I wonder why?

Attachments

• ACDC.pdf
    128.1 KB · Views: 28

HUGE

Veteran
I would venture to guess that your spectral changes had more influence than your nutrient changes.

Bongstar420

I would venture to guess that your spectral changes had more influence than your nutrient changes.

Thats interesting...the numbers onlly change when I use certain nutrients. I had several other cuts show little CBG change during spectral shift, but when I put organic ferts the numbers go up and then they go up further when I use certain kinds of organic nutes. I would like it to be spectral though...organic nutes are a hooker to handle. Also, I am seeing this with D8-THC- A plant can be made to have D8-THC when it would otherwise be absent (this is not huge though, and amounts to about 0.2% from 0% while I saw D9-THC go down 25%).

I have a Pennywise which is tested for conventional grow and am about to harvest the same cut with the same spectra/lux but with the "special" combination of nutrients/timing. I expect to see the CBC and terpenes to be boosted more than the THC/CBD because I didn't put as much of the stuff that boosts THC/CBD on (I think it cuts the terpene yield down). Results will come in 2 weeks or so. Pull happens in a few days.

interesting, ive seen elevated levels of cbg (2-5%) with some cannatonic offspring

my guess is that its a recessive CBD synthase allele which is more "inactive" than the dominant CBD synthase. Thats the word for high CBG hemp at least.

also, I'd bet it was on organic nutrients though not necessarily 100%.

Last edited:

KiefSweat

Veteran
def saw different numbers with the same clone grown under the sun when fed differently. The tea feed crop was lower potency but more terpenes and the dry nutes where higher numbers overall but less terp content but the cbd/thc ratio was the same on both crops

Bongstar420

def saw different numbers with the same clone grown under the sun when fed differently. The tea feed crop was lower potency but more terpenes and the dry nutes where higher numbers overall but less terp content but the cbd/thc ratio was the same on both crops

Now that is what I'm talkin bout....this stuff is flexible. Maybe up to 50%.

Here's more results.

'Pennywise' White.pdf is standard organic
'Pennywise' White(2).pdf is juiced up organic

The big difference seems to be ?*-2-Carene. 0 with standard organic and 2.2mg/g with special organic. Otherwise, cannabinoids are up +15% and terpenes are up 100%.

Now, I'm up against the wall for consistency. Producing organic inputs in the Garden isn't all that easy to do the same every day of the year. And the stuff I get from other sources varies by brand and batch somewhat.

Attachments

• PennywiseWhite.pdf
    306.9 KB · Views: 39
  • Pennywise White (2).pdf
    311.4 KB · Views: 49

Bongstar420

ACDC is the rare 20:1 CBD:THC phenotype of 'Cannatonic' which is:

(G13xOG)x(G13xNeville'sSuperHaze)

The haze is the most influential growth phenotype while the smoke is indica dominant. There is 10% strong OG flower structure. The one we got is odorless.

'Cannatonic' is mostly +90%THC and 50/50 CBD/THC types...about half and half according to a pdf of lab results for 15.
There is a pheno at the Progressive Collective now which is 20%CBD and 9%THC, another more rare phenotype. Most people can expect around 18% total cannabinoids. CBD ratio of more than 1:1 are probably running in the 1:20-1:500 range

http://en.**********.eu/strain-info/Cannatonic/Resin_Seeds/

Acdc is cannatonic

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
Cannatonic is not (G13xOG)x(G13xNeville'sSuperHa ze), IIRC the parent line includes Maria Lágrimosa, but no G13, OG or Newgate, it has the strong tangerine peel smell as the Tangerine pheno NYCD

resin seeds says cannatonic is mk ultra xG 13 haze i thought that was well known, ive grown many phenos and got very lucky to get 2 cannatonic #4 phenos the leaves are almost black in flower,they have a vey unique smell and the extracts taste like cherry cough drops when you dab it very good stuff, i made a cross of it cannatonic#4 x lemon stomper(hazeman) i call it Mariah ,its showing great promise soon to be lab tested

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
The parentage was discussed in a Soft secrets article, Jamie from Resin was given incorrect information (by Soma's son in law iirc) about this and from there stories diverged.

Bongstar420

Check this one out:

http://www.resinseeds.net/news,en,56,new-cannatonic-information.html

Cannatonic is 'ReinaMadre x NYCD'

Not MK-Ultra x G13 as we assumed before.

resin seeds says cannatonic is mk ultra xG 13 haze i thought that was well known, ive grown many phenos and got very lucky to get 2 cannatonic #4 phenos the leaves are almost black in flower,they have a vey unique smell and the extracts taste like cherry cough drops when you dab it very good stuff, i made a cross of it cannatonic#4 x lemon stomper(hazeman) i call it Mariah ,its showing great promise soon to be lab tested

The Cannatonic in the lab report was said to have the same character as BHO..I wouldn't know as I don't do oils or much CBD's my self...I'm really trying to do this for profits and other folks that want premium access but can't or can't be bothered to DIY.

Finally, I made a cross that should be more consistent than the Cannatonic:

'ACDC' x 'LuckyBM' which breaks down to

(ReinaMadre x NYCD) x (Grape Stomper x Grape Stomper OG)

Have a couple thousand seeds to sell/give off for Oregon. The male adds about 2-3% to the cannabinoid profile and frost. The Bright Moments is a 20-25% THC variety. He does other nice things too.

I'm expecting most of the offspring to be +/- 50/50 THC/CBD at around 18-24% cannabinoids with less variation and more keepers than the Cannatonic seeds I grew from official Resin packs.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts