What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What do you do with your girls when you travel?

funkervogt

donut engineer
Veteran
Let's say you've decided to travel for a month or so. What do you do with your girls if you don't have someone trusted to look after them?

I'm speaking about clones/moms, not flowering plants.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I plan ahead so I can travel in between harvest. This is my only choice since I dont have someone to plant sit.

You can setup a drip but A month away is pushing it. I would not stay away more then a week myself.

This may be odd. Make your toilet run a bit by placing a piece of plastic under the lip of the flapper in the tank. Then place net pots with your clones/moms in the water. Tape a 13 watt fluoro to underside of lid, making sure it cant fall into the water! Close lid.

The running water will keep the water level so roots stay wet. A compost tea in a stocking in the tank could help feed it.

I'm odd :)

McSnappler

Lurk.
Veteran
Yea, Blumats will get you out of a spot for sure. Just dial them on the drier side of the spectrum, leave a big tank of water, make sure your ass is covered in the event of a flood, and go on your vacation!

McSnappler

Lurk.
Veteran
Yea, a month is a long time. I did 24 days away with them in control and it was fine.. having the peace of mind of a drip tray more capacious than your reservoir is definitely recommended, even if you aren't going away, but particularly if you are!

Crusader Rabbit

Veteran
I'm set up to go two weeks. You can put cuttings in an aerocloner and come back two-three weeks later to happy roots. By the end of that time potted plants are growing into the lights. If it's moms under fluorescents then some toasted growing tips is no big loss. I suppose one could temporarily place screen around the bulb. Not a good time to have plants in stretch in the flowering room.

pick a nice dad and make some seeds. I can't imagine a month though I often do a week. I bottom feed everything these days and just set up 2 liter bottles to work like automatic dog waterers

funkervogt

donut engineer
Veteran
So, it sounds like...

1. Blumat/autoflowering is the way to go for long-term absence from girls, but...
2. A month+ is a long time, perhaps too long so...
3. It might be better to cross select girls with a male and start over when I'm back

I think I'll do 3.

bobcat1963

Parker Schnobel
Veteran
Have not left town in five years....I keep reverting to fight club rules.I know it sucks,but..........:)

supermanlives

Veteran
Wait wait wait, what? You can store cuttings in the fridge?

theres been several threads on it . make cuttings bigger than you want as recutting em later on is an option. theres the baggie method and variations and the glass of water. prob a bunch of others too. i used to do it all the time for backups. saved my ass too

Latest posts

Latest posts