What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My organic collection of nuggetry

mad librettist

Veteran
When I stop preaching the organic gospel, let me know so I can start up again!

If you are curious about the living soil comment, it's a bunch of reading but good! There is a whole world beyond stuff in a bottle off a shelf. You must know the feeling of explaining to someone why they would care about a good Auslese smelling like petrol and botrytis? Or having cheffing (keeping a living soil) compared to Kraft dinner (growing with nutes out of a bottle and soil from a bag)? There's too much to learn in one sitting, and the person arguing with you that blue nun is as good as good Mosel is not going to grow a sense of palate over night.

I'll leave you with this: living, undisturbed soil gets better with every season. do organic bottled nutes get better every year?

vStagger Leev

Cannaseur
Veteran
I guess it's just the fact that everytime i see someone with "True Organics" Their plants look less than healthy, with less than satisfactory flavors. So i've always just bought organic products to use for beneficals. Watered in organic nutes, and i've never had a problem. And i mean as far as the soil getting better every year, i understand what your saying about natural decomposition, and i've read and studied much about "True Organics" and allot of it is amazing. It's just the results i've witnessed from these practices are less than favorable in many different situations, many different grows, with many different growers. All people who have been growing more multiple years, i'm not saying a few years, like people who have been growing indoors around here since the 80's. I take most of my cues from these folks, and very rarely listen to twhat the hydro supply store has to say. Always enjoi a constructive convo with you Mad Librettist! Peace bro!

mad librettist

Veteran
you mean like these "less than healthy" plants? week 4 - vegged 2 months, fed only water with occasional neptune's and seaweed. N supply comes from mixed in nutes, living mulch of micro-clover, and top dressings of dead leaves. Occasional compost dressed on top with azomite as well.

"Decomposition" is only the beginning. In living soil we are talking about hierarchies and other complex relationships, often manipulated actively by the plant (that's where my complex carbs come from - the HPS up top and C from the air. The plant makes sugar and trades it for nutes in the root zone).

picture.php

I can make this argument in pictures, I promise. But I've always found it distasteful when people post pictures of their bigger penis to sway people. If it doesn't make sense, showing you a picture of a nice plant should not change anything.

Last edited:

vStagger Leev

Cannaseur
Veteran
your plants look beutiful! What genetics are you currently growing? lookin great man. What do you yield out of your tent?

mad librettist

Veteran
lol this is my first time using a 1k HPS, and first time in my tent. It's just that the way I grow is so easy I was able to focus on translating my scrog skills to the 4x4 tent. I did one test run under a 600w to choose some keepers. Most of my experience is outdoors, so I am always trying to find ways to make indoor gardening more like outdoors. Meanwhile my outdoor gardening has evolved but I have no land now. I do have a window box though, and i try to live surrounded by plants.

The plant front left is mandala#1, a purple pheno I am not growing again (I like to smoke it not just admire it!). Back left is also mandala #1 but a very different pheno. Back right, barely visible at the edge of the frame is a sam the skunkman freebie that is very sativa and already using an extra third of a screen, stolen from the 8 mile high that is front right and just got put in early due to the sativa next to it looking leggy.

Each cut was started in a bed of living clover or transplanted into one from a small container. They seem to do best when put directly into the clover bed rather than potted up (15 gal smart pots).

The next run is going to have more species in the groundcover, most notably golden purslane for eating (I'm sure a chef would appreciate that!).

mad librettist

Veteran
I forgot to also mention -

Each of these plants is in a different mix. Some are measured out precisely, some are free-form. I can't tell which is which, nor can I detect any performance variations.

living mulch might be an equalizer of sorts.

Edit: N supply is not only when I mulch it! Living clover is like a little drip feed.

vStagger Leev

Cannaseur
Veteran
That's pretty interesting with the clovers, i'm gonna give that a go around next time. Here's some of my dried and in the process of curing "Kryptonite". Tastes like OG Kush with some diesel/berry funk to it. Very nice smoke, extremely potent! Woke up yesterday and took 2 bonghits and was stoned for a good few hours. Peace and love all! Stagger

vStagger Leev

Cannaseur
Veteran
Durban Poison-week 13- Could have let her go for another week but HAD to make some room for my newer ladies in the rotation. This Durban Poison is the one that got 3rd place in last years San Francisco cannabis cup. Amazing genetics... huge nuggets, that smell like banana's and star anise. When you smoke a bowl of this in a room the smell is just amazing. Grown in a 3gal plastic pot, vegged for 1.5months i'm assuming I got over 5oz's off of this plant, I had to in flower with a total of 6gal's of dirt, thinking i should get 10 or so oz's...but who counts chickens right? Peace and love all, Stagger.

vStagger Leev

Cannaseur
Veteran
Here is my Super Lemon haze at week 8! Just got two new varieties from "House of Love Seeds" Killer Casey, and Casey's Dream wich I am very much looking forward to growing. both on the sativa side of things wich i prefer, and both with reasonable flowering times for sativas. Thanks House of Love!:thank you:

L

LouDog420

Tagged up, think you spilled something on your buds there bro... Might want to check it out...

A bag of sugar or salt perhaps :jump:

Great shots as always

vStagger Leev

Cannaseur
Veteran
Tagged up, think you spilled something on your buds there bro... Might want to check it out...

A bag of sugar or salt perhaps :jump:

Great sh ots as always

LOL thanks bro! That Casey Jones your rockin looks fuckin epic by the way. Here's a few more shots i just took before i chopped her down to dry. Peace all, Stagger:jump:

L

LouDog420

Thanks man,

Is that SLH from a pack of greenhouse seeds? a cut you got? Curious cause it looks seriously bomb and need myself a nice lemon flavored strain :tiphat:

L

LouDog420

It's on the list :tiphat:

Grows great dank and is a tool fan as well... You're a good guy in my book stagger. Now if we could only get maynard to stop toying around with APC I'd be a very happy camper

Toke it easy bro :wave:

vStagger Leev

Cannaseur
Veteran
It's on the list :tiphat:

Grows great dank and is a tool fan as well... You're a good guy in my book stagger. Now if we could only get maynard to stop toying around with APC I'd be a very happy camper

Toke it easy bro :wave:

Thanks so much bro! but i'm actually a pretty big fan of A Perfect Circle! It's all good, we all have our differences, I can see why some people dont like them. I feel like their a little more in touch with lyrics and it's not so crypted or somthing...I dont know i'm fuckin baked! LOL Peace all, here's my durban poison nuggets that i chopped down at week 13. ended up getting 7oz's 4grams off of this one plant in a 3gal plastic pot. All organic and with love! Stagger:dance013:https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=24168&pictureid=676805

vStagger Leev

Cannaseur
Veteran
LOL your a funny fucker Dudesome. Here's some of my OG Kush, and a pic of one of my giant Casey Jones in a 7 gal air pot. Og Kush is 4 weeks and Casey Jones is at 5. Peace and love all! Stagger:thank you:

Latest posts

Latest posts